Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: DeAndre Daniels Decommits from Texas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Rivals.com #10 ranked player in the 2011 class has de-committed from Texas according to Jerry Myers of Rivals.com. If you remember, Daniels picked Texas over his 2nd favorite team, UK. Rumor has it that Daniels' dad was upset when his son picked Texas over Kentucky and it's looking like Daniels is wanting to right his mistakes and attend UK. If this happens, UK will then have 4 of the top 10 kids in the 2011 class.
lol.. I'm sure we will hear something from the Longhorns for this.
Ballers Wrote:lol.. I'm sure we will hear something from the Longhorns for this.

Definitely...
I would too if my top player decommits and went to a school with a recruiting class that is really unmatchable.
This could be one of the greatest recruiting classes ever
zaga_fan Wrote:Definitely...
I would too if my top player decommits and went to a school with a recruiting class that is really unmatchable.
This could be one of the greatest recruiting classes ever

It is already unmatchable.
Any info on him?
i thought that it would be hard to beat last years
beasy_bo Wrote:i thought that it would be hard to beat last years

Hate to say it but this class may actually shatter the 2009 class just because of the the amazing balance. 4 potential top ten players and then a top 25 player OR TWO to fill out the class...... absolutely stupid. And it really isnt anything special. I think that Cal is doing an amazing job showing off the best program to the WHOLE nation and it really shows in these recruiting classes.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Any info on him?
Here is his rivals profile. I'm at work so I can't link any youtube videos.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...iels-83314
Having already signed three players for next years class, and now Daniels wanting to come to UK, my only thought is where are we going to get the scholarships?
C.Clair Wrote:Having already signed three players for next years class, and now Daniels wanting to come to UK, my only thought is where are we going to get the scholarships?

Id say Polson's scholly may turn back into a walkon status. That would be one and Harrellson graduating. But after that Im not sure what Cal was going to do.
Kanter will probably go pro, and then Jones and Knight also have a good possibility of leaving for the NBA, especially Knight. Some have Jones slotted to be a lottery pick. I wouldnt overshadow Lamb playing his way into the draft either, though the chance of that happening is smaller than the others.
ukyfootball Wrote:Kanter will probably go pro, and then Jones and Knight also have a good possibility of leaving for the NBA, especially Knight. Some have Jones slotted to be a lottery pick. I wouldnt overshadow Lamb playing his way into the draft either, though the chance of that happening is smaller than the others.
Don't forget about Darius Miller either. If he comes out and plays the whole season like he played in Canada, he will be a lottery pick. NBA teams will be drooling to have a 6'8 player who can play anywhere on the court. He showed his ability to knock down the outside shot consistently, his ability to get into the lane for his little floater is something that no one can stop, and he also showed his ability to post up on smaller defenders. If he can take a lead role on this team, and play to his potential like he did in Canada, Miller will be one of the top picks in the draft.
BCF4L Wrote:Don't forget about Darius Miller either. If he comes out and plays the whole season like he played in Canada, he will be a lottery pick. NBA teams will be drooling to have a 6'8 player who can play anywhere on the court. He showed his ability to knock down the outside shot consistently, his ability to get into the lane for his little floater is something that no one can stop, and he also showed his ability to post up on smaller defenders. If he can take a lead role on this team, and play to his potential like he did in Canada, Miller will be one of the top picks in the draft.

:Thumbs:
Miller really has been a pleasant surprise to see him play with such confidence. I dont know what it was last year, maybe a hangover from the Billy year, but he played so timid at times. If he keeps the intensity and stout play he will be the most important player on the court for us, creating matchup problems across the board!
I just wish the season would go ahead and start.. I KNOW that Miller will come up big this year. Cal has worked his *** off you can bank on that.
His body has bulked up a lot as well , dont know how much weight he put on but it seems to be all muscle . Hes gonna make some noise for sure !!!!!
BCF4L Wrote:Don't forget about Darius Miller either. If he comes out and plays the whole season like he played in Canada, he will be a lottery pick. NBA teams will be drooling to have a 6'8 player who can play anywhere on the court. He showed his ability to knock down the outside shot consistently, his ability to get into the lane for his little floater is something that no one can stop, and he also showed his ability to post up on smaller defenders. If he can take a lead role on this team, and play to his potential like he did in Canada, Miller will be one of the top picks in the draft.

The guy has done NOTHING at UK thus far...
he has a few big games against some little kids in Canada and now he is a lottery pick?!?!?!

I want him to succeed as much as anyone else, but to think he's a top 14 pick is ludicrous....
zaga_fan Wrote:The guy has done NOTHING at UK thus far...
he has a few big games against some little kids in Canada and now he is a lottery pick?!?!?!

I want him to succeed as much as anyone else, but to think he's a top 14 pick is ludicrous....

Boooooooooooo... Retire from this thread immediatley you hater.
Snackbar Wrote:His body has bulked up a lot as well , dont know how much weight he put on but it seems to be all muscle . Hes gonna make some noise for sure !!!!!

Couldn't had said it any better! :Thumbs:
I dont think that people are over hyping, this kid has a athletic upside that gives him so much NBA potential. It is just a matter of time before he gets to show it off. And the matchup problems that he can cause this year will display that!
Ballers Wrote:Boooooooooooo... Retire from this thread immediatley you hater.

Darius isnt 6'8", hes actually 6'6". And he's right, they were playing against smaller, less athletic talent. I would use the term "cautiously optimistic" to describe him right now.
ukyfootball Wrote:Darius isnt 6'8", hes actually 6'6". And he's right, they were playing against smaller, less athletic talent. I would use the term "cautiously optimistic" to describe him right now.
Kentucky's roster actually has him listed in the middle at 6'7.

And to the Zaga fan, I'm sure you thought Adam Morrison was going to be the next Michael Jordan in the NBA too, huh? We see how that has worked out for him.

We've all seen Darius' talents. No one can stop his penetration and his floater. The only thing stopping Darius to this point is Darius.
Also, DeAndre Daniels is re-classifying to the class of 2010, which means he will be eligible to play this year. Coach Antigua has already talked to him, so it's looking likely we add this kid this year.
zaga_fan Wrote:The guy has done NOTHING at UK thus far...

The op said if Miller has a break out season this year , he COULD be a lottery pick . He didnt say he was now . We all know how things can change and they do pretty fast in College Basketball . Who wouldve thought Orton wouldve been taken in the first round last year at the begining of the season ? Ludicrous was a strong word . You are my hero Zaga .
So that means he might join a team by this fall and be playing for them?
BCF4L Wrote:Kentucky's roster actually has him listed in the middle at 6'7.

And to the Zaga fan, I'm sure you thought Adam Morrison was going to be the next Michael Jordan in the NBA too, huh? We see how that has worked out for him.

We've all seen Darius' talents. No one can stop his penetration and his floater. The only thing stopping Darius to this point is Darius.

Just wait to see if Darius doesn't surprise ppl come Nov.. I can't wait to see Zaga and the rest eating humble pie.
Ballers Wrote:Just wait to see if Darius doesn't surprise ppl come Nov.. I can't wait to see Zaga and the rest eating humble pie.

I'm hopeful. I have an affinity for this young man, watching him since the 8th grade in person. I've yet to see him play at a consistantly high level of effort, and that goes back to his days at MC. I expect as the competition increased, so would his intensity. I've yet to see it, but am still holding out hope.
BCF4L Wrote:Kentucky's roster actually has him listed in the middle at 6'7.

Michael Jordan was the one that recruited Morrison to the Bobcats....
so the greatest himself thought that Adam was legit.

I'm sure Darius Miller will have just as much of an impact on the NBA as Adam Morrison did...
Ballers Wrote:Boooooooooooo... Retire from this thread immediatley you hater.

I'm not hating...
I'm not retiring...
I'm just stating my opinion.
Which is what this whole site is about.
This is the guy you are saying is a lottery pick....

08-09 -Minutes 21.2 | Pts 5.3 | Rbs 3.1 | Ast 2.0 | TO 1.8
09-10 -Minutes 21.2 | Pts 6.5 | Rbs 2.5 | Ast 1.5 | TO .09
ukyfootball Wrote:Darius isnt 6'8", hes actually 6'6". And he's right, they were playing against smaller, less athletic talent. I would use the term "cautiously optimistic" to describe him right now.

I'm glad someone on here is realistic!
Pages: 1 2 3