Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 95 - Windsor 62 Part I
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Knight looks good.

very impressed with Liggins.

Need big men.

Cats are quick. Windsor was not bad, just could not shoot for anything.
Knight with 31 points, 7 Rebounds, 4 assists - ZERO Turnovers!
As I said in the another post, Knight looks like he has the talent to fill in the shoes of Wall. This team is very athletic and will be able to run the dribble drive better than the last years team. I cant wait untill Jones get 100% and Kanter gets cleared! UK basketball is back!
Brandon Knight goes for 31 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assist, NO turn overs in his UK debut.

Terrence Jones left the game early due to pre-existing injuries and is considered day to day.

Liggins showed up big for the Cats tonight.

Josh Harrellson very impressed with his post presence and defense.. Had at least 7 blocks.

Darius Millers shooting is more remarkable than ever, and the guy has gained a few pounds of muscle to go with it.. He was also jumping out of the gym.

Jon Hood, very impressed with his play, lets out a 3 at the start of the game.

I loved every minute of the game, but i have to say I was a little shaken on the first half. With time, this UK team will do great. We definitley need Kanter.

SD, feel free to delete my thread, its basically a duplicate.
Brandon Knight looked awesome!

I was also really impressed with Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins. Everyone else has their moments, but didn't stand out really. I'm a little worried about Jones shoulder, but I hear he'll be just fine. Hood has improved, but I don't think he's quite ready for major minutes. Harrellson didn't impress me whatsoever. His rebounding was terrible, but did make a few nice plays on defense. Doron Lamb has some potential, but didn't see a whole lot out of him tonight. Hopefully we will see more out of him over the next few nights.

Overall I was satisfied with the effort tonight out of a bunch of newcomers.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Brandon Knight looked awesome!

I was also really impressed with Darius Miller and DeAndre Liggins. Everyone else has their moments, but didn't stand out really. I'm a little worried about Jones shoulder, but I hear he'll be just fine. Hood has improved, but I don't think he's quite ready for major minutes. Harrellson didn't impress me whatsoever. His rebounding was terrible, but did make a few nice plays on defense. Doron Lamb has some potential, but didn't see a whole lot out of him tonight. Hopefully we will see more out of him over the next few nights.

Overall I was satisfied with the effort tonight out of a bunch of newcomers.

I too am impressed with Knights offense. But he plays defense like a freshman. That is a must to improve. As I said to MVP, BK has many of the makings of Wall, but is nowhere near the defensive disruption that Wall was. Knight has a lot of maturity to be close to Walls overall game. My biggest fear will be if he is only worried about offensive stats.
Stardust Wrote:I too am impressed with Knights offense. But he plays defense like a freshman. That is a must to improve. As I said to MVP, BK has many of the makings of Wall, but is nowhere near the defensive disruption that Wall was. Knight has a lot of maturity to be close to Walls overall game. My biggest fear will be if he is only worried about offensive stats.

Yeah, he has leaps and bounds to go before he comes anywhere near John Wall's defensive capabilities.

His offense is very smooth and already looks like a leader out there.
Did anybody else love Hood's dunks lol. The main thing though is that Knight is gonna be a great player. I just don't know if he will have that John Wall charisma.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Did anybody else love Hood's dunks lol. The main thing though is that Knight is gonna be a great player. I just don't know if he will have that John Wall charisma.

Na, I dont believe Knight will have half the charisma JW had. But thats just who he is as a person. This team (as of now) will not have the "swagger" that last years team had either. Coach Cal has even mentioned it, most of the guys on the team this year are very soft spoken and not vocal.

Still gonna be a great team tho.
Very impressed with Knight, Miller, and Liggins....I think when we get Kanter and Vargas back that this team will be very very good.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Very impressed with Knight, Miller, and Liggins....I think when we get Kanter and Vargas back that this team will be very very good.

Agree there buddy!!! I think that this team looks like it has balance across the board with Kanter and Jones playing. I am telling you man, I love this team already and they have the potential to be JUST as good as last year.
Reanimate Wrote:Na, I dont believe Knight will have half the charisma JW had. But thats just who he is as a person. This team (as of now) will not have the "swagger" that last years team had either. Coach Cal has even mentioned it, most of the guys on the team this year are very soft spoken and not vocal.

Still gonna be a great team tho.

Which is a good thing.. The CATS we had last year was great, but they were a little big headed.. Which coulda bit us in the *** in tourney time really. Charisma or not, if we had Kanter, we'd be just as good as last years team.
Cal has Miller as a deadly guard now.. A guy that can now jump up and swat on defense, and shoot the 3 ball.
Ballers Wrote:Cal has Miller as a deadly guard now.. A guy that can now jump up and swat on defense, and shoot the 3 ball.

He's playing with the confidence that he did in HS. Good to see.
Are they on again today and tomorrow?
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Very impressed with Knight, Miller, and Liggins....I think when we get Kanter and Vargas back that this team will be very very good.

:Thumbs:
LCDawg Wrote:Are they on again today and tomorrow?

Today, same time same place.

Tomorrow, I think 11am EST.
Stardust Wrote:He's playing with the confidence that he did in HS. Good to see.

I still can't get over how good he looks. I am still speechless. If he plays like that all season long, CATS will be rolling through SEC and into NCAA tourney's final 4.TongueirateSho
They definitely looked great.
It's good to get your team clicking at all cylinders early against a little team like this.
I'm interested to see what they can do against a contender when their big man clears.
Looking good Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:They definitely looked great.
It's good to get your team clicking at all cylinders early against a little team like this.
I'm interested to see what they can do against a contender when their big man clears.
Looking good Wink

Yeah, they had UK playing Gonzaga early this season but figured the teams up in Canada would put up a better fight. :biggrin:
Ballers Wrote:Yeah, they had UK playing Gonzaga early this season but figured the teams up in Canada would put up a better fight. :biggrin:

omg....really i like zaga but tht was pretty funny...lol
Ballers Wrote:Yeah, they had UK playing Gonzaga early this season but figured the teams up in Canada would put up a better fight. :biggrin:

Can a mod please delete this?
This is in direct violation of rule #8
zaga_fan Wrote:Can a mod please delete this?
This is in direct violation of rule #8

LOL. Just some humor for you zaga.
Ballers Wrote:LOL. Just some humor for you zaga.

I understand the humor....
but c'mon....
that's one of the first positive UK posts I have ever posted lol
From now on I'm a UK hater:devilflam
zaga_fan Wrote:I understand the humor....
but c'mon....

You and 1000000 other ppl.
zaga_fan Wrote:I understand the humor....
but c'mon....

no reason to hate...teams change over time, and the team you hated at one point is complete dismembered and a new team formed in they're place. this is just like high school but on a bigger scale...like when i was a freshman i hated breathitt basketball...but now i have no problem with them....same way here....just like i didnt like Florida when they won the finals, but now i have no problem with them....i just sit back a watch the games and see who i will or will not like this year...i dont make tht choice until i watch them play....:popcorn:
It was good to see Polson score as well
NYY10 Wrote:It was good to see Polson score as well

Polson had a lot of speed against this team! I could tell when Shelby Valley played West Jess in the state tourney but it was fantastic to see him do it against some be competition.
Ballers Wrote:You and 1000000 other ppl.

You'll find about 5 on this site tho....
Againstme! Wrote:no reason to hate...teams change over time, and the team you hated at one point is complete dismembered and a new team formed in they're place. this is just like high school but on a bigger scale...like when i was a freshman i hated breathitt basketball...but now i have no problem with them....same way here....just like i didnt like Florida when they won the finals, but now i have no problem with them....i just sit back a watch the games and see who i will or will not like this year...i dont make tht choice until i watch them play....:popcorn:

I find it hard to pull for Calipari.
I want to see college teams with tough players that are going to play for four years, get a degree, and really play for the name across their chest and not the one on their back.
Cal doesn't recruit players that do that. He gets athletic one-and-done players that want to sleep through class for a year and sign a shoe deal.
I just don't get into that.
and I never will
Pages: 1 2 3