Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anthony Davis is now a Cat!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As already rumored to have already committed, it is now official per Evan Daniels.

Mr. Davis has verbally committed to UK....
Awesome.
It justs keeps getter better!!!
Amun-Ra Wrote:As already rumored to have already committed, it is now official per Evan Daniels.

Mr. Davis has verbally committed to UK....

who is he and whats he play?
Just another piece to a historical class.
cuppett777 Wrote:who is he and whats he play?
He is a 6'11'' center/forward for the 2011 class. Right now he is rated #8 in the class but some suggest he could overtake Gilchrist as the #1. Good pickup for UK.
This class is just about downright ridiculous. One more top tier player and this is basically a starting lineup of future NBA stars! Gilchrist, Teague, Davis, and hopefully Miller or Behanan, and Wroten!!!! Dude what a class!
I can't wait to hear all the fans of other schools saying we cheated...I love it cause we know it hurts them bad when they talk about it.
Great Day for the BIG BLUE NATION!
With this addition to this class, this class could make out to be just as good or better than last years class.
Very excited to hear about this.. Scotty, I'm gonna say that I hope we get Quincy Miller and Quddus Bello instead of the two you mentioned.. Now that would be the icing on the cake. Big Grin
I think UK will get Quincy Miller or Wroten also, I'd take Miller though, Wroten will go to UW i think.
I dont know about Wroten! I think that he is dying to come here. And I think that the state will be calling for a kid like Behanan to make it. I would love to have Miller but I think that at this point it may be a better lean for him to UL. I hate to say it.
http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100...o-Kentucky

Anthony Davis, a 6-foot-10 forward from Chicago who is considered one of the most promising big men in the country, has committed to play basketball at the University of Kentucky

Rivals.com lists Davis as the No. 8 player in the Class of 2011 and Scout.com lists him as the third-best power forward.

The commitment gives Kentucky coach John Calipari another potential powerhouse recruiting class for 2011. Already committed are New Jersey 6-6 forward Michael Gilchrist and Indianapolis 6-2 point guard Marquis Teague.

Gilchrist is ranked the No.1 player in the 2011 class by Rivals. Teague is No. 5.

Davis has had a meteoric rise in the ranks of prospects. He has grown 10 inches since the end of his sophomore year to become one of the nation’s top big men.

“Rarely is there a situation with a kid where you can say the sky is the limit and it truly is the limit,” Scout.com national analyst Dave Telep said. “At the rate he has grown and at the rate he has progressed, he just has a much higher ceiling than anyone else in the country.”

Davis got little notice by college coaches playing for Perspectives MSA in Chicago – a co-op team that plays in a lower-level league and went 8-15 last year.

He got his first real exposure when he shot to 6-10 and began playing on the Meanstreets traveling club team this spring.
Miller is a stud but because of the way he has been acting lately I would rather have Behanan.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Miller is a stud but because of the way he has been acting lately I would rather have Behanan.

I would love to have the Behanan. I think that this kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders and would rather stay in state to get chance to play for a school like UK.
Miller won't be at UK. We got Davis, who is basically the same player as Miller. Plus, Brian Clifton is in Millers ear trying to get him to go to Baylor or UL. I think Miller will see how Pitino fails to develop players and will ultimately choose Baylor.
BCF4L Wrote:Miller won't be at UK. We got Davis, who is basically the same player as Miller. Plus, Brian Clifton is in Millers ear trying to get him to go to Baylor or UL. I think Miller will see how Pitino fails to develop players and will ultimately choose Baylor.

Im fine with that. I would hate to have to root against the kid. Come on Baylor!
Well, I watched a video of Bello the other day.. He is still choosing UK in his recruiting schools.. The other he talked about was West Virginia, Wake, Duke, and Washington. All but one has offered him a scholarship.. Don't remember which one it was. Hopefully Cal is still looking for a good 6'3 guard by then.
Ballers Wrote:Well, I watched a video of Bello the other day.. He is still choosing UK in his recruiting schools.. The other he talked about was West Virginia, Wake, Duke, and Washington. All but one has offered him a scholarship.. Don't remember which one it was. Hopefully Cal is still looking for a good 6'3 guard by then.

Hey Bello would be a fantastic get. I think that Cal has the idea already in place as to what players will probably leave after the year and which will stay. Thus leaving the room for Bello and Behanan or who-ever.