Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cal: Looks like we will be starting three freshmen next year!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So with the new lil tweet from what ever Cal's Lexy is, it looks like after monitoring the practices he will be looking to start 3 freshmen! This pretty much entails that DeAndre Liggins will be a starter as he is one of only a few upperclassmen with experience. My guess to this would allow for a lineup that looks like this:
PG-Knight
SG-Liggins
SF-Miller
PF-Jones
C-Kanter

I am loving this lineup, I think that this group along with the backups creates an amazing BALANCED lineup and bench that allows for top 10-5 team. I am entirely confident that UK can make this season season JUST as successful as last years which as everyone knows was a Talented throughout but lacked some key components that bit them in some games. I think that our team this year may loss a few more games throughout the year and maybe go into the NCAA as a 2 seed but has just as good of a chance to win the SEC outright, tourney and make a deep run with the balance that is across the board!
The Backups would look something like this:

Starter/back up
Knight/ Lamb- PG
Liggins/ Hood/ Polson/ Lamb
Miller/ Poole
Jones/ Vargas (swings over)
Kanter/ Vargas/ Harrellson
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:So with the new lil tweet from what ever Cal's Lexy is, it looks like after monitoring the practices he will be looking to start 3 freshmen! This pretty much entails that DeAndre Liggins will be a starter as he is one of only a few upperclassmen with experience. My guess to this would allow for a lineup that looks like this:
[B][B]PG-Knight
SG-Liggins
SF-Miller
PF-Jones
C-Kanter
[/B][/B]

I am loving this lineup, I think that this group along with the backups creates an amazing BALANCED lineup and bench that allows for top 10-5 team. I am entirely confident that UK can make this season season JUST as successful as last years which as everyone knows was a Talented throughout but lacked some key components that bit them in some games. I think that our team this year may loss a few more games throughout the year and maybe go into the NCAA as a 2 seed but has just as good of a chance to win the SEC outright, tourney and make a deep run with the balance that is across the board!
The Backups would look something like this:

Starter/back up
Knight/ Lamb- PG
Liggins/ Hood/ Polson/ Lamb
Miller/ Poole
Jones/ Vargas (swings over)
Kanter/ Vargas/ Harrellson

Hmm.. I like it!
Is DeAndre Liggins a good shooting guard? I always thought of him as a point guard/small forward.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Is DeAndre Liggins a good shooting guard? I always thought of him as a point guard/small forward.

He will go a great job. I was impressed with his play for the most part last year. He had a few nice games.. Should do outstanding this season.
Looks similar to last years situation with the exception of having a veteran so well respected as PPat.
I love Liggins...good for him.
I don't care who is starting as long as there are five Kentucky jersey's on the court giving all they got for the fans, university, and the commonwealth. They must play wit heart at all-times.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I don't care who is starting as long as there are five Kentucky jersey's on the court giving all they got for the fans, university, and the commonwealth. They must play wit heart at all-times.

:Thumbs:

Of course winning isn't bad either :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Looks similar to last years situation with the exception of having a veteran so well respected as PPat.

WALL2WALL Wrote:I don't care who is starting as long as there are five Kentucky jersey's on the court giving all they got for the fans, university, and the commonwealth. They must play wit heart at all-times.

I miss Patrick Patterson. Sad
This team will be fine! Like I said in my post they may have a few more losses as last years team but they WILL be just as dynamic in the post season with this kind of depth and balance across the boards! I am soooooo excited to get basketball here.
And to answer the questions about Liggins and his natural position, Cal and a number of beat writers mentioned earlier this summer that Liggins has been working on his shot and becoming an even better all-around player. I am confident that Liggins will provide an amazing lineup jolt that a young lineup will need!!!
Another thing that will help UK that we didn't see last year from Cousins is outside and in the paint shooting. Kanter can do that, plus rip down the boards.
I think that Kanter will be eligible before season beginning games but I cant stand but be nervous right now with a BIG part of next years season depending on whether he is in the game or not!
the player im looking forward to watching most as far as freshmen is kanter. i'm so pumped to watch this kid take cousin's place and kind of show the haters out there that we'll be just fine with freshman. plus our bench has another year under thier belts which i believe matters alot. especially after daealing with cal's 1st year there. its probably a big relief getting that first year over.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that Kanter will be eligible before season beginning games but I cant stand but be nervous right now with a BIG part of next years season depending on whether he is in the game or not!

I can totally agree to the bolded.
beasy_bo Wrote:the player im looking forward to watching most as far as freshmen is kanter. i'm so pumped to watch this kid take cousin's place and kind of show the haters out there that we'll be just fine with freshman. plus our bench has another year under thier belts which i believe matters alot. especially after daealing with cal's 1st year there. its probably a big relief getting that first year over.

I saw Kanter in person at UK's DanceBlue that they do every year and he is a VERY daunting body and will be a beast among men out in the SEC games.

Ballers Wrote:I can totally agree to the bolded.

So judging by what you bolded do you not agree that Kanter will be eligible before the start of the season?
Who is the #2 center if Kanter cannot play?
Stardust Wrote:Who is the #2 center if Kanter cannot play?

Josh Harrellson is still there, isn't he? He might be a good backup center. If he played for an entire game (40 minutes) for every game he played in, he could've averaged 12.7 ppg and 12.2 rpg last season.
Ballers Wrote:Another thing that will help UK that we didn't see last year from Cousins is outside and in the paint shooting. Kanter can do that, plus rip down the boards.

Stardust Wrote:Who is the #2 center if Kanter cannot play?

I was thinking Vargas but I guess he is more of a backup to Jones.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I was thinking Vargas but I guess he is more of a backup to Jones.

in other words lets hope kanter can play...
I believe that Enes will be able to play. You just got to give it some time, and hope for the best.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I believe that Enes will be able to play. You just got to give it some time, and hope for the best.

thts all we can do.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I saw Kanter in person at UK's DanceBlue that they do every year and he is a VERY daunting body and will be a beast among men out in the SEC games.

So judging by what you bolded do you not agree that Kanter will be eligible before the start of the season?

I think he will, Cal wouldn't put his efforts into a lost cause.. So I am expecting him to be eligble pretty quick.. Possibly after this run at the Canada trip, or maybe a month down the road from now.. I'm sure we will hear about it when he does become eligible.
Ballers Wrote:I think he will, Cal wouldn't put his efforts into a lost cause.. So I am expecting him to be eligble pretty quick.. Possibly after this run at the Canada trip, or maybe a month down the road from now.. I'm sure we will hear about it when he does become eligible.

I agree with you man! Cal has the idea of how the NCAA works and he knows that this process is a new kind of beast for the NCAA clearing committee. I think that by about a week before the season starts, then we will heard some very good news coming from the NCAA.
Ballers Wrote:I think he will, Cal wouldn't put his efforts into a lost cause.. So I am expecting him to be eligble pretty quick.. Possibly after this run at the Canada trip, or maybe a month down the road from now.. I'm sure we will hear about it when he does become eligible.