Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Enes Kanter NOT Cleared To Play
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky’s talented big man Enes Kanter, Memphis wing Will Barton and Kansas point guard Josh Selby each have yet to be cleared by the NCAA, according to numerous sources.

Kanter (Kentucky) along with Selby (Kansas) & Will Barton (Memphis) have Yet To Be Cleared By The NCAA To Play

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketba...CAA-080610
Not good. I expect him to get eligible soon enough. I did some reading, sources say so far that he should be good to go come this fall/winter. Not so sure he will be playing in the 3 day Canada trip.
Definitely not good.
If he isn't eligible it is better that they catch it now than later though.
He will get eligible then next year the NCAA will say my bad we were wrong, no wins. Then everyone will say Cal and Kentucky cheated. I would watch this one.
Ballers Wrote:Not good. I expect him to get eligible soon enough. I did some reading, sources say so far that he should be good to go come this fall/winter. Not so sure he will be playing in the 3 day Canada trip.

Its already been released that Kanter is not going to be playing. Neither is Eloy Vargas, And if Terrence Jones ankle is still bothering him then there will be not playing from him either. This still should be entirely productive.
Benchwarmer Wrote:He will get eligible then next year the NCAA will say my bad we were wrong, no wins. Then everyone will say Cal and Kentucky cheated. I would watch this one.

You never know.
I wouldn't think the NCAA would declare him ineligible after letting him play unless something crazy comes up.
The NCAA isn't out to get anybody.
Putting a black eye on UK puts a black eye on college basketball in general.
zaga_fan Wrote:You never know.
I wouldn't think the NCAA would declare him ineligible after letting him play unless something crazy comes up.
The NCAA isn't out to get anybody.
Putting a black eye on UK puts a black eye on college basketball in general.

Derrick Rose.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Its already been released that Kanter is not going to be playing. Neither is Eloy Vargas, And if Terrence Jones ankle is still bothering him then there will be not playing from him either. This still should be entirely productive.

Does that mean that the University of Kentucky's basketball program is losing their starting and backup power forwards and starting center for next year?
I found this on wikipedia.com:

Wikipedia.com Wrote:Fenerbahçe and Olympiacos B.C., a Greek basketball team, both offered Kanter professional contracts, but he declined because he wanted to play high school and college basketball in the United States.

Kanter maintains that he did not accept money as a player in order to preserve his amateur status. The NCAA rules presently call for athletes who have competed with a professional team but have not received compensation themselves to be suspended one collegiate game for every game they played with a professional team. The NCAA is presently considering an exception that would eliminate this penalty. If approved, the exception would allow Kanter to become immediately eligible for U.S. collegiate competition without sitting out any games.

Here's the link: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enes_Kanter"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enes_Kanter[/ame]

Wikipedia says that he played at least in nine professional games. To my understanding, the worst that could happen to Enes Kanter is that he will be suspended for nine games. But I'm not sure how accurate this is, though.
if he was never paid to play or accepted any incentives then he will be fine to start. i really am excited for him to start just because i think he comes here more polished than what cousins was...
These games should be very exciting.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Does that mean that the University of Kentucky's basketball program is losing their starting and backup power forwards and starting center for next year?

Nah man I am sorry I thought I quote a post that was stating about the Canadian tour. Those guys are suppose to be sitting out when the team goes north and should be fine when the season starts.
Hopefully everything gets cleared, UK need him!
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Nah man I am sorry I thought I quote a post that was stating about the Canadian tour. Those guys are suppose to be sitting out when the team goes north and should be fine when the season starts.

:thanks:
Deathstar 80 Wrote::thanks:

No problem buddy!
Benchwarmer Wrote:Derrick Rose.

I guess you missed the part where I said "unless something crazy comes up"
Like having someone else take tests for you so you aren't academically ineligible
Hopefully he gets eligible soon because dang will we need him come season time.
According to CatsPause UK is meeting with the NCAA soon to determine if Enes can play in Canada or not. We will hear something any day now.
moongoose82 Wrote:According to CatsPause UK is meeting with the NCAA soon to determine if Enes can play in Canada or not. We will hear something any day now.

Better be pretty soon, the games start the 15th.
moongoose82 Wrote:According to CatsPause UK is meeting with the NCAA soon to determine if Enes can play in Canada or not. We will hear something any day now.

Wow. I hadnt got to read that today! That is pretty exciting!!:biggrin::thanks:
Fox Sports commented on Kanter this morning on the radio and felt that the NCAA may not be compplete with their invesitgation until October. The decision that is expected in the next week is only on whether he can participate with the Cats in any organized activities until the investigation is complete.
They will take there time with UK. If it was any other school they would have already have it done.
cougarpride08 Wrote:They will take there time with UK. If it was any other school they would have already have it done.

:Thumbs: Specially if it was someone like dUKe
cougarpride08 Wrote:They will take there time with UK. If it was any other school they would have already have it done.

this is tru
Ballers Wrote::Thumbs: Specially if it was someone like dUKe

That's not a valid argument though....
Coach K doesn't try to recruit professional basketball players from Turkey and try to pass them off as college athletes:Cheerlead
zaga_fan Wrote:That's not a valid argument though....
Coach K doesn't try to recruit professional basketball players from Turkey and try to pass them off as college athletes:Cheerlead

ur just mad he didnt wanna go to Duke or Zaga.:lmao:
For future use, this isn't a UK vs Duke thread. Smile

I feel like there might be another UK vs Duke thread made here, so I thought of posting this just in case.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:For future use, this isn't a UK vs Duke thread. Smile

I feel like there might be another UK vs Duke thread made here, so I thought of posting this just in case.

nope i was just stating the fact of zaga's post

I don't buy that. It's not like this is the only thing on the NCAA's plate. There are over 500 schools in the NCAA, thus UK is not as important to them as it is to us.
Ballers Wrote::Thumbs: Specially if it was someone like dUKe

Then conversely you would have to say that if the NCAA thought that they had one on UK, they would be chomping at the bit to get at them right away.

C'mon guys, be realistic, there are no black helicopters watching what you are doing, and the NCAA is no more interested in sticking it to UK than they are any other school!
Pages: 1 2