Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia Has Some "Splainin' To Do"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5440231"]West Virginia Mountaineers accused of five major football violations - ESPN[/ame]

"The NCAA has accused West Virginia's football program of five major and one secondary rules violations from 2005 to 2009, including under former coach Rich Rodriguez.

The allegations released Thursday allege student managers, graduate assistants and others worked with football players on their skills and techniques in violation of NCAA limits. The alleged violations occurred under both Rodriguez and current coach Bill Stewart.
"

Hearing dangerousdan talk I thought Kentucky was the only school who could possibly cheat in collegiate athletics. Looks like Rich Rod's document shredding got pieced back together after allConfusedhh:

:popcorn:
Uh ohhhh. Kinda interested to see what happens from here.

Hope the best for them moutaineers up ther' bo's. *cough cough not* :biggrin:
:yes:
^ bahahahahaha
I'v always known WVU football was dirty there is no way a pathetic excuse for a coach like Rich Rod could ever build a decent program. But is there proof?
In the nearly 120 years of WVU football, this is the most serious NCAA problem. But, unlike UK, WVU does not have 8 probation banners hanging from the WVU Coliseum rafters. This is embarrassing. Maybe this will get our new AD off the schnide and get rid of Stewart. But, at least WVU will not be on the cover of SI and the caption is "Kentucky's Shame."
Note to Westy before he chimes in. (and I know he will). cough - "Mops for Props" - cough
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I'v always known WVU football was dirty there is no way a pathetic excuse for a coach like Rich Rod could ever build a decent program. But is there proof?

Ask Michigan Fan how well he can "build" a program. They are not all that impressed
[quote=dangerousdaneerfan]In the nearly 120 years of WVU football, this is the most serious NCAA problem. But, unlike UK, WVU does not have 8 probation banners hanging from the WVU Coliseum rafters. This is embarrassing. Maybe this will get our new AD off the schnide and get rid of Stewart. But, at least WVU will not be on the cover of SI and the caption is "Kentucky's Shame."[/QUOTE]

1. WVU Football team is not nearly as Nationally relevant as Kentucky basketball
2. They very well could have been if not for more nationally relevant football programs like Alabama and Michigan and even North Carolina "beating them to the punch". This is white noise with all the other NCAA investigations going on.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:[quote=dangerousdaneerfan]In the nearly 120 years of WVU football, this is the most serious NCAA problem. But, unlike UK, WVU does not have 8 probation banners hanging from the WVU Coliseum rafters. This is embarrassing. Maybe this will get our new AD off the schnide and get rid of Stewart. But, at least WVU will not be on the cover of SI and the caption is "Kentucky's Shame."[/QUOTE]

1. WVU Football team is not nearly as Nationally relevant as Kentucky basketball2. They very well could have been if not for more nationally relevant football programs like Alabama and Michigan and even North Carolina "beating them to the punch". This is white noise with all the other NCAA investigations going on.

Right you are mate :Thumbs:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:In the nearly 120 years of WVU football, this is the most serious NCAA problem. But, unlike UK, WVU does not have 8 probation banners hanging from the WVU Coliseum rafters. This is embarrassing. Maybe this will get our new AD off the schnide and get rid of Stewart. But, at least WVU will not be on the cover of SI and the caption is "Kentucky's Shame."

C'mon bro....
no need to bring up UK....
this thread is about WVU's situation, not UK's past :dontthink
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Note to Westy before he chimes in. (and I know he will). cough - "Mops for Props" - cough

:lmao: I think I'll sit this one out.
Stardust Wrote:Ask Michigan Fan how well he can "build" a program. They are not all that impressed

Thats my point he is a cheater. He could do it at WVU without getting caught because they aren't relavent. But at michigan he has to play by the rules and we see how that is going for him.
Good Ole Rich Rod
Westside Wrote::lmao: I think I'll sit this one out.

:Clap:
zaga_fan Wrote:C'mon bro....
no need to bring up UK....
this thread is about WVU's situation, not UK's past :dontthink

If anything, it will enhance WVU's resume into getting into the SEC.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:If anything, it will enhance WVU's resume into getting into the SEC.

Pretty well played...

It could also mean that Big East teams are ready to start taking their football as serious as their basketball.
Great job Gomer!!!!!!