Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Darnell Dodson Will NOT Play At UK This Season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
John Calipari has just announced on Facebook that junior Darnell Dodson is academically ineligible and will not play at Kentucky this season.

Here is Calipari's post:

John Calipari Practice is underway as we prepare for our Canada trip & I'm pleased with the energy everyone brought. I do want to let you all know that junior Darnell Dodson will not be playing for UK this season. If Darnell, who is academically eligible, decides to return, he could practice with the team if he meets our standards.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/08/breaki...l-not.html
Not sure how this will effect us.
I really think he has great potential to be a great small forward. He's good at shooting 3-point shots and he's tall enough to get rebounds.

I would like to watch him at the University of Kentucky for another season!
nm
Well I can say I am not shocked by any means.
Sounds like Dodson had a run in with the team or Cal.
It's never good to see something like this....
but Dodson isn't a huge loss.
zaga_fan Wrote:It's never good to see something like this....
but Dodson isn't a huge loss.

It's not a small one either.. Dodson helps out that's for sure.
Ballers Wrote:It's not a small one either.. Dodson helps out that's for sure.

Liggins and the new guards should use his minutes up very well.
zaga_fan Wrote:Liggins and the new guards should use his minutes up very well.

Liggins is known to be streaky, Miller should come up bigger. Knight and Kanter will also fill the big spot of Cousins and Wall being gone.. Not to mention we have another great PF in Jones.
Ballers Wrote:Liggins is known to be streaky, Miller should come up bigger. Knight and Kanter will also fill the big spot of Cousins and Wall being gone.. Not to mention we have another great PF in Jones.

I miss Patrick Patterson. Sad
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I miss Patrick Patterson. Sad

Me also. We definitley lost a CAT when he left. He was true to UK.. One of the all time greats at UK if you ask me. Patterson was there in the down time at UK and the hype of UK.
Ballers Wrote:Me also. We definitley lost a CAT when he left. He was true to UK.. One of the all time greats at UK if you ask me. Patterson was there in the down time at UK and the hype of UK.
100% agree....i really see dodson being back on the team by the begining of the season. but he does have to get his act together and we already know the beans will spill about what happened
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I miss Patrick Patterson. Sad

Dont make me cry buddy!!
Sad
PatPat will be missed next season.
this is a big hurt on the floor