Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky Team Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When There Is News About The Wildcats Post It Here So There Won't Be So Many Threads!
go CATS
we'll see how long this lasts
I dont like this, i want a new thread for each topic.
I think these thread titles are just as a run on joke..... right?
Kentucky Wildcats, the super team that shoulda won the NCAA tourney Sad
Don't forget the woman. They will be scary good this year.
we are just seeing how they go. there not permanet!

so let me get this straight you all go on the other team threads (Louisville, Duke, West Virginia) and poke fun at them but you come on the Kentucky Team Thread and don't like it? you all don't like this thread but yet you like the other one's?
I was just wondering, what's going to be the big differences between this year's University of Kentucky basketball team and last year's University of Kentucky basketball team? Which do you think is better?
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I was just wondering, what's going to be the big differences between this year's University of Kentucky basketball team and last year's University of Kentucky basketball team? Which do you think is better?

To tell you the honest truth I think that this years team in MORE balanced than last years creating a more fluid playing style for the Dribble Drive motion. The components are just as strong and we have athleticism off of the charts at ever position. Take last years team with the BIG achilles heel being 3 point shooting..... and it obviously hurt in the en not having a pure shooter to rely on in games such as the WVU loss. However, in this years team that will be balance along with the rest with Knight and Lamb who are excellent three point shooters and can be that missing piece from last year. Take that, a first draft pick center in Kanter and place it with a first rounder pick in Jones then you got a lot of the holes filled. This team will not have that same star power as last years but each component in going to make for an amazing combination when Cal figures it out. In my opinion it is not anything close to being uncalled for if someone says that this team can do just as much as the last or even more.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:To tell you the honest truth I think that this years team in MORE balanced than last years creating a more fluid playing style for the Dribble Drive motion. The components are just as strong and we have athleticism off of the charts at ever position. Take last years team with the BIG achilles heel being 3 point shooting..... and it obviously hurt in the en not having a pure shooter to rely on in games such as the WVU loss. However, in this years team that will be balance along with the rest with Knight and Lamb who are excellent three point shooters and can be that missing piece from last year. Take that, a first draft pick center in Kanter and place it with a first rounder pick in Jones then you got a lot of the holes filled. This team will not have that same star power as last years but each component in going to make for an amazing combination when Cal figures it out. In my opinion it is not anything close to being uncalled for if someone says that this team can do just as much as the last or even more.

This will help UK so much this year, but I can't see this team being as good because they will have no leadership. Sure, you all can say Brandon Knight will lead the team and this and this...but I think if it wasn't for Patterson, last year's team would have fallen apart.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:To tell you the honest truth I think that this years team in MORE balanced than last years creating a more fluid playing style for the Dribble Drive motion. The components are just as strong and we have athleticism off of the charts at ever position. Take last years team with the BIG achilles heel being 3 point shooting..... and it obviously hurt in the en not having a pure shooter to rely on in games such as the WVU loss. However, in this years team that will be balance along with the rest with Knight and Lamb who are excellent three point shooters and can be that missing piece from last year. Take that, a first draft pick center in Kanter and place it with a first rounder pick in Jones then you got a lot of the holes filled. This team will not have that same star power as last years but each component in going to make for an amazing combination when Cal figures it out. In my opinion it is not anything close to being uncalled for if someone says that this team can do just as much as the last or even more.

:Thumbs:
PC_You_Know Wrote:This will help UK so much this year, but I can't see this team being as good because they will have no leadership. Sure, you all can say Brandon Knight will lead the team and this and this...but I think if it wasn't for Patterson, last year's team would have fallen apart.

Patterson was the veteran of the team, but let's be real PC.. THERE WAS NO TRUE LEADER they were all good, they stood their own ground... And each one of them for the most part did their job. What about Dodson or Liggins? They will be Veterans of this team still.. And I am sure they can help lead the team to victory.
Darius Miller will be a leader in the locker room. Whether he is ready for that kind of role remains to be seen but he will step into that "father figure" type role that Patterson had last year. So that is our starting small forward being the guy that the younger ones will look to. I am okay with that. Miller is on the verge of being that BIG TIME player and this is exactly the confidence booster that he needs. I do not think that Cal would be saying that he COULD potentially go to the draft after this year or next if he didnt feel as though he could lead the team and step up his game. Him and Liggins will be in the same kind of situation with Cal, they are great for his system and now that this team is built more for the DDMO then I think that both guys should be able to contribute even more. So as of right now I have the potential lineup as:

Starter/back up
G- Knight/ Lamb
G-Liggins/ Dodson/ Hood/ Polson
SF- Miller/ Poole
PF- Jones/ Vargas (swings over)
C- Kanter/ Vargas/ Harrellson

C-Kanter
PF-Jones
SF-Miller
SG-Lamb
PG-Knight
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Darius Miller will be a leader in the locker room. Whether he is ready for that kind of role remains to be seen but he will step into that "father figure" type role that Patterson had last year. So that is our starting small forward being the guy that the younger ones will look to. I am okay with that. Miller is on the verge of being that BIG TIME player and this is exactly the confidence booster that he needs. I do not think that Cal would be saying that he COULD potentially go to the draft after this year or next if he didnt feel as though he could lead the team and step up his game. Him and Liggins will be in the same kind of situation with Cal, they are great for his system and now that this team is built more for the DDMO then I think that both guys should be able to contribute even more. So as of right now I have the potential lineup as:

Starter/back up
G- Knight/ Lamb
G-Liggins/ Dodson/ Hood/ Polson
SF- Miller/ Poole
PF- Jones/ Vargas (swings over)
C- Kanter/ Vargas/ Harrellson

C-Kanter
PF-Jones
SF-Miller
SG-Lamb
PG-Knight

Man, What a team. I cant wait for the season to start! I agree with PC on the lack of leadership with a young team we have but still with this talent I really like the chances to make a run of a title just like last season. Go Cats!!!
What does everyone think the record for the Grind Iron Cats will be this year?
MVP2 Wrote:[/B]

Man, What a team. I cant wait for the season to start! I agree with PC on the lack of leadership with a young team we have but still with this talent I really like the chances to make a run of a title just like last season. Go Cats!!!

I love our chances and the changes made to create a faster all-around team for the dribble drive.

MVP2 Wrote:What does everyone think the record for the Grind Iron Cats will be this year?

I thinking 7-5. I can hope otherwise this may be a rough start for Operation Win. 4 games can go both ways and I say we get two of them.
With the dismissal of Darnell Dodson, looks like shooting is once again going to be the weak point. However, Brandon Knight is a way better shooter than Wall was, Cal said Liggins has improved his shot, and Lamb is a deadly shooter. Hopefully these guys can take over where Dodson would have helped.
BCF4L Wrote:With the dismissal of Darnell Dodson, looks like shooting is once again going to be the weak point. However, Brandon Knight is a way better shooter than Wall was, Cal said Liggins has improved his shot, and Lamb is a deadly shooter. Hopefully these guys can take over where Dodson would have helped.

I agree. This years team will be a lot better shooting team.. Knight can stroke, and IMO is quicker than Wall.. I haven't watched many videos on Lamb, but from what I seen he's a pretty good shooter.
How far do you guys think the woman's volleyball and girls basketball team will go?
cougarpride08 Wrote:How far do you guys think the woman's volleyball and girls basketball team will go?

UK womens basketball usually does pretty good.. I fully expect their season to look something like 24-7. Just a rough estimate.
Ballers Wrote:UK womens basketball usually does pretty good.. I fully expect their season to look something like 24-7. Just a rough estimate.

good estimate. they should do well this year.
The volleyball team didn't loose a whole lot of seniors. I think Mendoza<--spell is a senior this year, and I thought she got 1st team last year in the SEC!
BCF4L Wrote:With the dismissal of Darnell Dodson, looks like shooting is once again going to be the weak point. However, Brandon Knight is a way better shooter than Wall was, Cal said Liggins has improved his shot, and Lamb is a deadly shooter. Hopefully these guys can take over where Dodson would have helped.

I just think that Dodson was SOOOOOOooooo Streaky and that was his specialty. His spot will hopefully be able to be utilized in a difference.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I just think that Dodson was SOOOOOOooooo Streaky and that was his specialty. His spot will hopefully be able to be utilized in a difference.

He was streaky, but you'd have to be crazy to say he didn't help UK out.
Ballers Wrote:He was streaky, but you'd have to be crazy to say he didn't help UK out.

Hey I didnt say that he didnt helpI know he did in many games but he didnt play his role as good as he should have. He was suppose to be an absolute pure shooter and he was too streaky for that role on the team. Thus we could not exactly rely on a guy like him in a game such as the WVU lose. He was a good player but I am sure Cal could utilize that spot in a different manner.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Hey I didnt say that he didnt helpI know he did in many games but he didnt play his role as good as he should have. He was suppose to be an absolute pure shooter and he was too streaky for that role on the team. Thus we could not exactly rely on a guy like him in a game such as the WVU lose. He was a good player but I am sure Cal could utilize that spot in a different manner.

You make some good points.. Let's just hope Cal brings in some recruits that are ready to drain the 3 ball this year.
Ballers Wrote:You make some good points.. Let's just hope Cal brings in some recruits that are ready to drain the 3 ball this year.

Thank you buddy!! I am not too concerned about Dodson not contributing. We will be fine.
Kentucky freshman Enes Kanter is facing extensive questioning from the NCAA about his amateur status and has not yet been cleared to play for the Wildcats this season, UK spokesman DeWayne Peevy confirmed Tuesday.

The 6-foot-10 forward's amateur status is uncertain because he played for a professional team in his native Turkey before moving to the United States. Kanter will not be allowed to accompany the Wildcats on a three-day trip of exhibitions in Canada unless he is cleared by Aug. 15.

Kanter is a projected to be a top five pick if he enters the 2011 NBA Draft.

He finished with 33 points and 13 rebounds against other top prospects in April's Nike Hoop Summit.

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/...istMiniCnt
ImagineThat! Wrote:Kentucky freshman Enes Kanter is facing extensive questioning from the NCAA about his amateur status and has not yet been cleared to play for the Wildcats this season, UK spokesman DeWayne Peevy confirmed Tuesday.

The 6-foot-10 forward's amateur status is uncertain because he played for a professional team in his native Turkey before moving to the United States. Kanter will not be allowed to accompany the Wildcats on a three-day trip of exhibitions in Canada unless he is cleared by Aug. 15.

Kanter is a projected to be a top five pick if he enters the 2011 NBA Draft.

He finished with 33 points and 13 rebounds against other top prospects in April's Nike Hoop Summit.

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/...istMiniCnt

I can't beleive this to be true. There is no possible way the UK would not have known that this young man played professional basketball. To think that this could have "slipped by" is just not feasible, thus I can't see that the Cats would have made an offer to a player who could possibly have elligibility problems.
Pages: 1 2