Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Huggy breaks 4 ribs in hotel room fall
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/201007240127

I am surprised no one has mentioned this here yet.
That's what he gets for upsetting Big Blue Nation...

Just kidding guys, lol. He gets hurt alot..hope he didn't break them to bad and the heal correctly, broken ribs are a *****. You gotta watch em' they can puncture a lung easily.
Three falls in the last 6 months! You have to wonder if his history of drinking has caused deterioration in the brain structure and function? Here is an interesting quote from a recent article I read on alcoholism; " The individual appears more capable than is actually the case, because existing verbal abilities are among the few faculties that are relatively unimpaired by chronic alcohol abuse." Hope he has a quick recovery and has not fallen off the wagon.
Huggy is very clumsy. I hope that he heals well and gets back to his team quick.
^ I guess it's fair to assume that Huggs fell due to either current or past drinking problems, but it's just as feasible to think that he fell because of current and past heart problems. I'm sure that the first thing that came to everyone's mind was alcohol, but his recent falls (not counting this one, because we don't know), has not been alcohol related.
I use to not be a big fan of Huggins but after the NCAA tourney, I have the utmost respect for him. I hope he recovers as quickly as possible whether he fell sober or drunk.
Stardust Wrote:^ I guess it's fair to assume that Huggs fell due to either current or past drinking problems, but it's just as feasible to think that he fell because of current and past heart problems. I'm sure that the first thing that came to everyone's mind was alcohol, but his recent falls (not counting this one, because we don't know), has not been alcohol related.

how do you know it is not alcohol related. Yes, maybe it is not due to "currently" drinking, but it could be from brain damage due to past drinking problems. Balance issues are very commen problem with alcoholics.
sstack Wrote:how do you know it is not alcohol related. Yes, maybe it is not due to "currently" drinking, but it could be from brain damage due to past drinking problems. Balance issues are very commen problem with alcoholics.

I didn't say it was alcohol, which was my point. You appear to have jumped straight to that conclusion. Balance issues are also very common with those with heart problems, and Huggs is on pretty serious heart medication which make make alcohol very doubtful in his diet. You cannot take kuminin and still drink.
"Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy, a former Huggins assistant at the University of Cincinnati, said in a text message to ESPN.com the incident was not related to Huggins' history of heart problems."

Blame it on the goose, got ya feelin' loose.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/201007240127

I am surprised no one has mentioned this here yet.

No one mentioned it because WVU goings on really isn't that big of a deal. No one really cares outside of WV. They're kind of insignificant. Huggy does need to get help though.
[quote=Stardust]I didn't say it was alcohol, which was my point. You appear to have jumped straight to that conclusion. Balance issues are also very common with those with heart problems, and Huggs is on pretty serious heart medication which make make alcohol very doubtful in his diet. You cannot take kuminin and still drink.[/QUOTE
Do you mean Coumadin? You can drink very minimally with this drug, but most MD's discourage all drinking if on it. You are going to find more balance issues with alcohol abuse than Heart problems. Heart problems cause more weakness and endurance issues with balance issues being secondary and correctable. With alcohol abuse you find alot of permenant balance issues. Ataxic gait pattern and alcoholic neuropathy are common in alcohol abuse. Symptons of alcohol neuropathy include numbness of feet, weakness in legs and clumsiness. How many people have stated Huggins is "JUST CLUMSY". I am not saying the falls are due to his past drinking, but it is more likely due to the drinking than the heart isssues and heart medications.
Prayers and thoughts for him. He's a great coach, and I hope he is able to be with his team.
Ballers Wrote:"Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy, a former Huggins assistant at the University of Cincinnati, said in a text message to ESPN.com the incident was not related to Huggins' history of heart problems."

Blame it on the goose, got ya feelin' loose.

lmao that made my day.
Hey what ever happen to "if it happens in Las Vegas, it stays in Las Vegas"?
Strikeout King Wrote:WVU says he Broke 7 Ribs Not 4

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...spitalized

Had to been wiped out of his mind to do that. None the less, I hope he gets well soon.
According to the Charleston Daily Mail, Huggy had taken meds on an empty stomach. I had ZERO to do with whether or not he had been drinking.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:According to the Charleston Daily Mail, Huggy had taken meds on an empty stomach. I had ZERO to do with whether or not he had been drinking.

Yeah that is wht I heard the other day!
They should get him some drunk training wheels for his shoes...LOL
Before you UK fans rag too much on Huggy, just remember Billy Clyde and Eddie Sutton.
OUCH!! Hopefully he will get better soon.