Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know what Letcher will have in football this year? I know they have lost much personnel during the last three years. Can we expect them to be down or just reloaded?
We can expect great things from this team. Terry Howard and his staff will get them ready. Lineman is one thing we will be lacking, but I think once he gets them going, they will get it ready.
That is what I wanted to hear C Pride. Another great bunch of athletes feeding the highschool team. Go Cougars.........
tcb-To me it is all about this coaching staff. I would put this staff getting these kids ready against anyone in eastern Ky. Terry Howard and Co record for great kids and what they have done for them speaks for itself.
Good luck
Any word on how things are going in practice?
They are working hard but you nailed it in your earlier post when you said that I was thin at the offensive line. I guess we have been spoiled over the last few years with the size and mass that we have had. Looks like we are going with small and quick this year but that's alright because they are pushing themselves daily and I can see improvement from all of them. I say that we will be a middle of the pack team early but we will come around by the end of the regular season and be fine when it counts. Your to quick to give me credit for these boys playing so well. I honestly owe my great assistants more than most people realize when it comes to our wins and success, I lost a good one in Chad Bates, he has always worked with my offensive line and he moved up the high school staff and it will be impossible to replace him with only one person. I would say that my staff works as hard as any in the mountains to prepare these kids and they do not get enough credit and remember these guys are unpaid volunteers. But most of all I have been lucky enough to have the best kids in the world to work with, they are always up to try anything that I may think up and never complain, just a bunch of "Yes Sir" kinds of kids that work their butts off for us.
Kids love and respect your coaching staff coach...That is what it boils down to.....Kids give their all for you and Tom and Chad because they know you really care...My son would walk through **** or high waters for either one of you...I really appreciate the years he spent with you and your staff
Coach Howard summed it up pretty well. The kids are excellent, they listen and do everything you tell them too, the leadership from the 8th grade kids is unbelievable, they are a great group of kids. The biggest thing we'll have to overcome this year is size of the o-line, however, these kids have heart and determination, and that makes up for size. They might be smaller, but these kids don't care to line up and hit ya in the mouth, and that's what football is all about. It's hard to tell anything until you scrimmage, and go against someone else. However, I think we'll be ready to roll by the time the first game rolls around.