Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Florida Under Investigation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Florida and NCAA officials are investigating a potential rules violation that allegedly occurred last December involving former Gators football standout Maurkice Pouncey, sources said.

Florida is internally investigating what sources described as an allegation that a representative of an agent paid Pouncey $100,000 between the Gators' loss to Alabama in the Southeastern Conference championship game to Alabama and their season-ending Sugar Bowl victory over Cincinnati. Florida apprised the NCAA of the allegation after it became aware of it.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5392159"]Sources: Florida Gators, NCAA investigating allegations that Maurkice Pouncey took money from agent before bowl game - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5393030@@AMEPARAM@@5393030[/ame]
Good, I hate Florida.
Wow!!! This is going to be very interesting to watch but knowing the NCAA a decision may not be made until Florida has another 2 or 3 titles.
I'm real curious to see how all the Cal supporters reply to this one. Why should the school or the coach be punished for what the player did?????
Stardust Wrote:I'm real curious to see how all the Cal supporters reply to this one. Why should the school or the coach be punished for what the player did?????

Ahh, can't say I am a big fan of Florida.. I hated them during the Noah era.. But I hope the best for our SEC brethren.
First, South Carolina and Florida.. Now, Alabama is looking into a possible violation.
Stardust Wrote:I'm real curious to see how all the Cal supporters reply to this one. Why should the school or the coach be punished for what the player did?????

Are you still waiting?
Logically, I don't see how UF is responsible for this, but nothing about the NCAA is logical.
This whole agent stuff is getting downright stupid. Just do away with it and make it that the only time they can EVER possibly have contact be at the NFL combine (I believe Saban came out and said that exact thing today). I am sick of all of this bullying by the NCAA and punishing the school years down the line when a investigation discovers something that the school is not entirely at fault for. Punish the agents and the player in some manner.
Add Georgia to the list. Just saw where they are being investigated, as well.
Good^
Simple way to fix this. Any AGENT caught contacting a college athlete should PERMANENTLY have his license revoked and never allowed to work as an agent again. Im sure some would be stupid enough to do it, but it would cut down on the nonsense drastically. No 3 strike rule applied. One strike and your done.
If an investigation does find that a player did receive benefits from an agent, what kind of punishment would the school receive? Would it be similiar to the USC punishment, where the school provided benefits, or be different?