Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prediction!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If UK were to meet WVU next year in hoops, WVU would beat their butts by 20 points!!!! Huggy OWNS Cheatipari 8-1!!!!:Cheerlead
Necessary how?
They lost there two best players and UK lost there top 4 players but are replacing them with elite recruits.
ok is there any sense in this thread? next year hasn't came yet and is quite a ways away, so until next year comes and if they meet then threads should and can be created but threads like this just to start stuff is ridiculous and needs to be closed!
Can some say C-L-O-S-E-D!
Rumor has it that WVU and UK will have a home and home in the 11-12 season and the 12-13 season. From what I understand, CBS is working to make it a TV deal for them.
If the Duke UK prediction thread can stay open, so can this one.
This thread was brought up by neerfan to state the fact that Huggins is 8-1 against Calipari... That is it, no reasonable discussion. However, if he was to have stated something about a the possible TV deal for the UK-WVU series in a few years then I think that would have been fine. However, he put " If UK were to meet WVU next year in hoops, WVU would beat their butts by 20 points!!!! Huggy OWNS Cheatipari 8-1!!!!" Not really anything of substance or anything to contribute to a conversation which leads me to wonder if neerfan even knew a reason for starting it. Oh and then four hours later pose an actual question with information. Kind of stupid if you ask me.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Rumor has it that WVU and UK will have a home and home in the 11-12 season and the 12-13 season. From what I understand, CBS is working to make it a TV deal for them.

I hope it happens to. Your so stuck on 1 win, Which well i guess i would be to if i didn't have much to cheer about.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I hope it happens to. Your so stuck on 1 win, Which well i guess i would be to if i didn't have much to cheer about.

It does feel good knowing that some teams strive for just that one win against Kentucky.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:This thread was brought up by neerfan to state the fact that Huggins is 8-1 against Calipari... That is it, no reasonable discussion. However, if he was to have stated something about a the possible TV deal for the UK-WVU series in a few years then I think that would have been fine. However, he put " If UK were to meet WVU next year in hoops, WVU would beat their butts by 20 points!!!! Huggy OWNS Cheatipari 8-1!!!!" Not really anything of substance or anything to contribute to a conversation which leads me to wonder if neerfan even knew a reason for starting it. Oh and then four hours later pose an actual question with information. Kind of stupid if you ask me.

My buddy in Louisa DARED me to post this. He figured that someone would make a crack like that.

As for beating you guys, well, lets put it this way. If WVU had beaten UK in Vegas in the 08-09 season, you guys would have blown it off as "well, you beat the worst UK team in years coached by Billy Clyde." Instead, WVU beats the BEST team UK has had in years with 5 first round NBA draft picks. So pardon me if I still brag on it. Losing to Dookie V did not bother me in the least. Just beating UK to go to the Final Four was a great memory I will cherish for the rest of my days. Goes right along side the big win in the 06 Sugar Bowl against the SEC Champ Georgia.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:My buddy in Louisa DARED me to post this. He figured that someone would make a crack like that.

As for beating you guys, well, lets put it this way. If WVU had beaten UK in Vegas in the 08-09 season, you guys would have blown it off as "well, you beat the worst UK team in years coached by Billy Clyde." Instead, WVU beats the BEST team UK has had in years with 5 first round NBA draft picks. So pardon me if I still brag on it. Losing to Dookie V did not bother me in the least. Just beating UK to go to the Final Four was a great memory I will cherish for the rest of my days. Goes right along side the big win in the 06 Sugar Bowl against the SEC Champ Georgia.

I guess your friend likes seeing people state that your thread was made for no reason but only to make yourself look like a 13 year old... Alright, whatever helps you sleep bud. Congrats on the WIN and I hope that WVU enjoys the 50 years of success build on the UK victory until your next final four.
pst. I hope it happens.. West V will get demolished.
If UK had beaten WVU last year, other than putting them in the Final Four it would have been just another win. Beating WVU at anything really isn't an accomplishment and certainly nothing to hang your hat on because teams do it all the time.

To WVU fans, the win over UK will become known as THE WIN because it was their biggest win in the last 50 years and they probably won't get another big win for another 50 years. They will hang a banner in Morgantown because this is as close to a national championship as they'll get in basketball. Heck, they probably have already handed out championship rings for this win alone.
Congrads Eerie.
Westside Wrote:If UK had beaten WVU last year, other than putting them in the Final Four it would have been just another win. Beating WVU at anything really isn't an accomplishment and certainly nothing to hang your hat on because teams do it all the time.

To WVU fans, the win over UK will become known as THE WIN because it was their biggest win in the last 50 years and they probably won't get another big win for another 50 years. They will hang a banner in Morgantown because this is as close to a national championship as they'll get in basketball. Heck, they probably have already handed out championship rings for this win alone.
Congrads Eerie.

LMAO.. I AGREE!!!!:lmao::rockon::biggrin::Clap::Thumbs:
Westside Wrote:If UK had beaten WVU last year, other than putting them in the Final Four it would have been just another win. Beating WVU at anything really isn't an accomplishment and certainly nothing to hang your hat on because teams do it all the time.

Congrads Eerie.

Ouch.. Laying out the truth aren't you.

Congrads Eerie.

Ah, this coming from a Marshall fan that still brags about Junior Championships and Bobby "if yer skeered, get a dawg" Pruett. Maybe the elusive win over WVU will come in Huntington this year. If Doc and crew cannot knock off Gomer this year, Marshall NEVER will. :flame:
I would personally love to see a West Virginia vs Kentucky game! That statistic about Coach Bob Huggins being 8-1 against Coach Calipari just shows how great of a coach Huggins is. And with only losing 3 times last year, Coach Calipari is a good coach as well.

I've looked at West Virginia's roster and it looks like they will have most of their players again for next year. If this is true, then I would definitely want to see a West Virginia vs Kentucky game! Kentucky with talent and athleticism against West Virginia and their balanced mix of talent and experience. Both with great coaches. Good match-up!
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Ah, this coming from a Marshall fan that still brags about Junior Championships and Bobby "if yer skeered, get a dawg" Pruett. Maybe the elusive win over WVU will come in Huntington this year. If Doc and crew cannot knock off Gomer this year, Marshall NEVER will. :flame:

It will indeed. But then again who cares. Beating WVU won't be a big deal.:ChairHit:
Cant we all just get along! Wink I think that a WVU-UK series would be cool but I just dont think that it would grab a lot of national appeal like a UK-UNC or UK-IU matchup. The tv people would have a big say in it on whether or not it would grab the ratings it would want.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Cant we all just get along! Wink I think that a WVU-UK series would be cool but I just dont think that it would grab a lot of national appeal like a UK-UNC or UK-IU matchup. The tv people would have a big say in it on whether or not it would grab the ratings it would want.

You're right. it wouldn't grab national appeal because everybody knows UK would win every game. WVU can't beat UK in football or basketball. Last seasons WIN was a fluke and won't happen again.

I'm not saying this as a joke but those of you who get a lot of West Virginia TV stations like I do will know what I'm talking about. It is funny when you watch the news on these stations and watch Mountaineer Magazine. They make WVU out to be a football power throughout college football history. In reality what have they honestly accomplished. Very little. They certainly have never been a national power.
Westside Wrote:You're right. it wouldn't grab national appeal because everybody knows UK would win every game. WVU can't beat UK in football or basketball. Last seasons WIN was a fluke and won't happen again.

I'm not saying this as a joke but those of you who get a lot of West Virginia TV stations like I do will know what I'm talking about. It is funny when you watch the news on these stations and watch Mountaineer Magazine. They make WVU out to be a football power throughout college football history. In reality what have they honestly accomplished. Very little. They certainly have never been a national power.

Pffft, neither has MooTech. It took a campaign promise from the Governor just to make that happen. While WVU goes to Final Fours and BCS Bowls, Marshall is bragging about Junior Football (1AA) Titles won and their last two "state championships" when they beat WVU two straight years when WVU went to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight in 05 and 06. Marshall has not seen an NCAA Tourney since the late 80's. So Westy, enjoy those "moral victories."
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Pffft, neither has MooTech. It took a campaign promise from the Governor just to make that happen. While WVU goes to Final Fours and BCS Bowls, Marshall is bragging about Junior Football (1AA) Titles won and their last two "state championships" when they beat WVU two straight years when WVU went to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight in 05 and 06. Marshall has not seen an NCAA Tourney since the late 80's. So Westy, enjoy those "moral victories."

You're to much lol. I always look forward to your posts because I know they're good for a laugh. You should work for Mountaineer Magazine because much like them, you're good at fiction. How many final fours has WVU been to in the last 50 years? How many BCS games have they played in? If they didn't play in a weak football conference like the Big Least, they would have never played in one. You make it sound like it occurs yearly. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:
Well here's my prediciton.. If indeed UK and WVU meet, WVU loses by fifty.. Later on in the season UK makes it into the NCAA tourney, WVU is stuck in the NIT. Just IMO stuff tho Smile
Westside Wrote:You're to much lol. I always look forward to your posts because I know they're good for a laugh. You should work for Mountaineer Magazine because much like them, you're good at fiction. How many final fours has WVU been to in the last 50 years? How many BCS games have they played in? If they didn't play in a weak football conference like the Big Least, they would have never played in one. You make it sound like it occurs yearly. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyeroll::eyeroll::eyeroll:

Westy, MooTech has not beaten a BCS Conference opponent since before Pruett left. Snyder was 0-14 vs BCS schools. And if former AD Bob Marcum had not screwed the pooch with Tennessee, you would have had back to back home games vs Tennessee and WVU IN HUNTINGTON. Instead, you are tO$U's rent a win in Columbus.:lmao:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Pffft, neither has MooTech. It took a campaign promise from the Governor just to make that happen. While WVU goes to Final Fours and BCS Bowls, Marshall is bragging about Junior Football (1AA) Titles won and their last two "state championships" when they beat WVU two straight years when WVU went to the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight in 05 and 06. Marshall has not seen an NCAA Tourney since the late 80's. So Westy, enjoy those "moral victories."

And this is coming from someone that is bragging about one win against Kentucky. What is the all time record of UK and WV basketball, 13-5. First win for WV since 1959
Benchwarmer Wrote:And this is coming from someone that is bragging about one win against Kentucky. What is the all time record of UK and WV basketball, 13-5. First win for WV since 1959

Ouch..... That stings.
Reading this thread brings a thought to my mind. You all are giving the WVU fans heck because they're picking on you after the win over UK this year in basketball.

I wonder how UK fans are going to act towards Tennessee fans once you all finally break the streak in football? You all may want to think about that before you give the WVU basketball fans so much bicker.

Ok, I'm going to try writing fiction like you. Marshall has undefeated seasons in the Division 1 A on a regular basis (they've actaually had 1 since they came up from Division 1 AA which is more than WVU has had in modern history).:lmao:
Westside Wrote:Ok, I'm going to try writing fiction like you. Marshall has undefeated seasons in the Division 1 A on a regular basis (they've actaually had 1 since they came up from Division 1 AA which is more than WVU has had in modern history).:lmao:

Westy, you are my favorite Herdiot. You have the "delusions of grandour" gig down pat.:lmao:
Pages: 1 2