Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Operation Win.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anybody else really digging this whole operation win thing Coach Phillips has goin on? Personally I love the military aspects to it, and how he is really reaching out to the communities.
I havent seen a personal meeting with the community up here in Pikeville but I think that it is a really neat way to get the state excited. I know that most sites and databases have the Wildcats as a maybe a 5-7 team but I really do think that they could just as be in the hunt for a 7-5 or even 8-4. Joker is a fantastic fit for a long duration.
^ i hate jokers play calling, So idk what to expect for the upcoming season. We do have some nice recruits coming in though.
Sanders will do a better job with play calling when it comes to the offense.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ i hate jokers play calling, So idk what to expect for the upcoming season. We do have some nice recruits coming in though.

Yea, a lot of the play calling the past couple years have been shaky at best. I think with someone else doing the offense play calling we may see a little more logic put into the calls.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Sanders will do a better job with play calling when it comes to the offense.

he is the best coach on the staff if u ask me.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:he is the best coach on the staff if u ask me.

I second that statement and have been wanting him play calling for the past 3 years. I like Joker however, I feel that the man that works with your QBs everyday especially with the type of offense and checking at the line of scrimmage needs to be the one calling the shots. The day we lose Saunders or if we do will be the demise of UK football IMO.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I second that statement and have been wanting him play calling for the past 3 years. I like Joker however, I feel that the man that works with your QBs everyday especially with the type of offense and checking at the line of scrimmage needs to be the one calling the shots. The day we lose Saunders or if we do will be the demise of UK football IMO.

I think he will be staying around for a while. Especially now that he is calling the shots on offense.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I think he will be staying around for a while. Especially now that he is calling the shots on offense.

Lets hope so.
This uk team is young but will do fine IMO
Grand Slam Wrote:This uk team is young but will do fine IMO

I just want to see a defense that flies around and hits people. I think the offense will be fine, but we are gonna have to gamble ALOT on D but whats the fun in watching football without the gambles?
Here is the newest part of operation win.

http://www.ukathletics.com/blog/2010/08/...enter.html

Does anyone else think that a army themed uniform would be awesome for the military appreciation game?