Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Melvin Turpin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Commits suicide at age 43.
Thoughts and prayers are with his family.
He was 49 bro..but still this is very sad. The Big Dipper was one of my favorite UK players ever, especially when I was a little kid. I wore 54 when I was in 4th, 5th and 6th grade because of him..Thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
My bad, thought I read 43 :Thumbs:
Crazy stuff. Must have been a tortured soul. My thoughts and prayers -- out to the family and loved ones.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.
Ballers Wrote:Crazy stuff. Must have been a tortured soul. My thoughts and prayers -- out to the family and loved ones.

i second that,wow,i thank GOD , everyday for a sound mind..
Very Sad.

R.I.P
hate to hear this dinner bell mel was one of my favorite uk players prayers to his family
Such a sad sad story to hear of suicide for such a legendary figure. I can not believe that Melvin had so many demon going around that he fell to the point of taking his own life. God bless you Melvin for what you did for UK and you will be missed.
Sad to hear about Melvin. One of the greatest UK players of all time. My thoughts and prayers go to the family. He will be missed.
OMG, wow. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family
Very Sad. RIP
My son spent quite some time in UK and everytime I saw him there he would ask how he was or would just set down and have a conversation with you, and that meant a lot. He was one of the nicest people I've ever met, My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Very heart breaking just saw him the night before at UKMC
Grand Slam Wrote:Very heart breaking just saw him the night before at UKMC

That may have been the begin of this situation... ? I can stand to see these kinds of personalities become so depressed and come to this kind of end. It is horrible to think what that fame and fortune ultimately cost him.
Rip