Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 5 UK Players Taken in 1st Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You guys going to hang a banner in Rupp after the biggest choke job in College Basketball history?????:flame:
alright there is no need in starting this stuff! this thread needs to be closed
Aw, is someone jealous?
Them be fighting words..
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Aw, is someone jealous?

Me jealous??? Heck no!!!! Makes the win over you guy even better. Also should be a reminder to you guys that basketball IS a team sport.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Me jealous??? Heck no!!!! Makes the win over you guy even better. Also should be a reminder to you guys that basketball IS a team sport.

Would you get over yourself. Yay we lost to you guys, we have 7 national banners. How many u got? You have a win over a more talented team that had a bad night.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Would you get over yourself. Yay we lost to you guys, we have 7 national banners. How many u got? You have a win over a more talented team that had a bad night.

Excuses, excuses, excuses......
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Excuses, excuses, excuses......

Idc about excuses. You guys beat is. Great. But then you got spanked. YOu accomplished nothing. We accomplished nothing.
Alright WVU fans...let's not brag when you didn't win the tournament.
UK should have won it with this much talent. No excuses.
Aslan Wrote:UK should have won it with this much talent. No excuses.

Quite true!!!!
PC_You_Know Wrote:Alright WVU fans...let's not brag when you didn't win the tournament.

We may have lost you guys and Butler's blown knee cost him a first round draft spot. I really think that by the time we played you guys, we were just out of gas. But, the icing on the cake was beating UK. And as we found out tonight, it was all the better beating 5 first round draft picks without one point guard and the other playing at 60%.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:We may have lost you guys and Butler's blown knee cost him a first round draft spot. I really think that by the time we played you guys, we were just out of gas. But, the icing on the cake was beating UK. And as we found out tonight, it was all the better beating 5 first round draft picks without one point guard and the other playing at 60%.

IF all you have to brag about is beating kentucky one game then your school must not have much to cheer about.
Aslan Wrote:UK should have won it with this much talent. No excuses.

Is anyone giving excuses? We lost. How far did you guys go again?
Yes, Kentucky should have won the NCAA tournament. But when you aren't hitting your jump shots, then you simply are not going to win.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Is anyone giving excuses? We lost. How far did you guys go again?

I didn't point out any excuses, I was just saying there should be no excuses though. However, I have heard quite a few excuses from that loss.
I root for all Kentucky teams. UL, UK, EKU, WKU, ect.
Its Bluegrassrivals not mountainneerrivals.
^ Seriously!
Get over yourself wvu fans. You didn't prove anything by beating us. You beat, what was on that specific night, a bad team. Then got MURDERED by the potential champions. That doesn't prove anything. Oh and you got bailed out by crap shots at the end of games throughout the whole year. You barely got a 2 seed.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Excuses, excuses, excuses......

Some players got it others don't.. In this case, WV definitley doesn't have it.:eyeroll:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I really think that by the time we played you guys, we were just out of gas.

now look who is coming up with an excuse.

relish that one win against UK for the rest of your life because that will probably be the pinnacle of WVU basketball, beating UK once in the NCAA tournament. congratulations you can now be talked about in the same conversation with UAB.
johnnyt Wrote:now look who is coming up with an excuse.

relish that one win against UK for the rest of your life because that will probably be the pinnacle of WVU basketball, beating UK once in the NCAA tournament. congratulations you can now be talked about in the same conversation with UAB.

It will be relished by me for quite some time to come. Just like winning the toughest Conference tournament in the country will be relished for some time to come.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^ Seriously!
Get over yourself wvu fans. You didn't prove anything by beating us. You beat, what was on that specific night, a bad team. Then got MURDERED by the potential champions. That doesn't prove anything. Oh and you got bailed out by crap shots at the end of games throughout the whole year. You barely got a 2 seed.

If WVU proved anything by beating UK to go to the Final Four, it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt how overrated you were all year AND you played NO ONE of any consequence until you played us.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:If WVU proved anything by beating UK to go to the Final Four, it proved beyond a shadow of a doubt how overrated you were all year AND you played NO ONE of any consequence including us.

fixed

WVU were not world beaters, they were a good team that over-achieved at tournament time, then played the best game in the history/future of the school against UK who quite possibly played their worst game of the year. so on their best day WVU could only beat UK on their worst by 7 points.

i would also go a little easy on the big east being toughest conference. over half of the teams from the big east didnt make it out of the first weekend. talk about over-rated i think the big east got alot of miles on "reputation" and not on performance.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Me jealous??? Heck no!!!! Makes the win over you guy even better. Also should be a reminder to you guys that basketball IS a team sport.

compare our basketball banners to WV then talk to me
back_in_black Wrote:compare our basketball banners to WV then talk to me

We don't have any National Championship banners (unless you consider the 1942 NIT title team the national champion). We also do not have any probation banners either.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:We don't have any National Championship banners (unless you consider the 1942 NIT title team the national champion). We also do not have any probation banners either.

Here's what dangerous meant:

We have no probation problems, so we have no national titles.
johnnyt Wrote:fixed

WVU were not world beaters, they were a good team that over-achieved at tournament time, then played the best game in the history/future of the school against UK who quite possibly played their worst game of the year. so on their best day WVU could only beat UK on their worst by 7 points.

i would also go a little easy on the big east being toughest conference. over half of the teams from the big east didnt make it out of the first weekend. talk about over-rated i think the big east got alot of miles on "reputation" and not on performance.

We played 3 top 5 teams in the regular season....Ohio State, Villanova, and Purdue. Evan Turner was rendered ineffective in our blowout of the Buckeyes. You all won 35 games and did not impress anyone. You had a come-from-behind win this year over Miami of Ohio. It took overtime for you to win the SEC title game vs MSU.

So UK fans, enjoy your once in a lifetime NBA draft broadcast. I will just enjoy the replay of the WVU/UK game for the umpteenth time.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Here's what dangerous meant:

We have no probation problems, so we have no national titles.

Christian Lattiener beating the "Unforgetables" on a last second jump shop. That had to hurt too!!!!!
dangerousdaneerfan are you that obsessed with Beating UK That 1 Game, then turn around and got blown out by Duke? if you are obsessed then you need to get over it because its not gonna change anything now or in the future and if you are which it sounds like you are then you need help or something. what was you saying couple years ago when Billy G beat Huggy???[URL="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/member.php?u=17173"]
[/URL]
congrats to all
Pages: 1 2 3