Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jay Bilas Is Really Dumb Or Something
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He Says He Wouldn't Draft DeMarcus Couisns!
DeMarcus Cousins does have great potential... I personally would draft him. Jay Bilas might be talking about drafting someone like Derrick Favors instead of DeMarcus Cousins, though.
^ yea but how can you not Draft DeMarcus???
cousins will go top 5 easy
As in not draft him in the entire NBA draft?!? I personally would draft him probably at #4. (I didn't watch Derrick Favors, but I really think he's the best fit for the New Jersey Nets.)
DeMarcus Cousins is the best post player in the draft. Some question his attitude, but what has he really done to deserve that label? I don't know of how many times he was fouled hard and all he done was walk away. He has retaliated very few times, but who the heck hasn't?

Jay Bilas is probably saying this crap to get a rise out of people and/or some headlines from news outlets across the country.
I respect Jay Bilas opinion more than any other college basketball analyst. I'm sure there a reason he said this. He's far from dumb. He's the least bias analyst on there. He tells it like it is. UK fans thinks everyone hates them.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:DeMarcus Cousins is the best post player in the draft. Some question his attitude, but what has he really done to deserve that label? I don't know of how many times he was fouled hard and all he done was walk away. He has retaliated very few times, but who the heck hasn't?

Jay Bilas is probably saying this crap to get a rise out of people and/or some headlines from news outlets across the country.

Yeah, I'm sure thats it!!!! :Thumbs:...:zzz:
Aslan Wrote:[/B]

Yeah, I'm sure thats it!!!! :Thumbs:...:zzz:

Jay seems like a very heady guy. I do like listening to him and I respect his analysis, but if he where a NBA GM in need of a post player, then why wouldn't he select DeMarcus Cousins?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:DeMarcus Cousins is the best post player in the draft. Some question his attitude, but what has he really done to deserve that label? I don't know of how many times he was fouled hard and all he done was walk away. He has retaliated very few times, but who the heck hasn't?

BCA, you have to admit that Demarcus is a Rasheed Wallace in the making. Let's be real here, the young man plays an extremely aggressive style of basketball and he plays off pure emotion. We had disciplinary issues in HS and he certainly play on the edge at UK. At times he was even thuggish, but never to the point that he had a complete meltdown. He did not have a meltdown because of the control that is so under-evaluated that Cal has over his players. He is truly the Godfather, and these guys know not to completely cross the line with him.

That said, in the NBA, where players pretty much dictate their own style, Demarcus will contend for the league lead annually in technical fouls. His style leads him to that conclusion. Now, back to my comparison to Rasheed Wallace, I'm no fan of his, but I admit that he has been a fantastic player in the league. While Detroit was in the midst of their dominate years, it was Rasheeds aggressive style that dictated the play. Can Demarcus have that kind of success, yes, and probably more so. But will he be as volatile as Rasheed, YES!
Stardust Wrote:BCA, you have to admit that Demarcus is a Rasheed Wallace in the making. Let's be real here, the young man plays an extremely aggressive style of basketball and he plays off pure emotion. We had disciplinary issues in HS and he certainly play on the edge at UK. At times he was even thuggish, but never to the point that he had a complete meltdown. He did not have a meltdown because of the control that is so under-evaluated that Cal has over his players. He is truly the Godfather, and these guys know not to completely cross the line with him.

That said, in the NBA, where players pretty much dictate their own style, Demarcus will contend for the league lead annually in technical fouls. His style leads him to that conclusion. Now, back to my comparison to Rasheed Wallace, I'm no fan of his, but I admit that he has been a fantastic player in the league. While Detroit was in the midst of their dominate years, it was Rasheeds aggressive style that dictated the play. Can Demarcus have that kind of success, yes, and probably more so. But will he be as volatile as Rasheed, YES!

I can agree with this, but can we agree that the NBA is more so about entertainment? The NBA does allow their players one technical foul each game. After so many it does count, but I do not believe that DeMarcus will be as bad as Rasheed is. He will get his fair share of technicals, but who doesn't?

DeMarcus will bring excitement to any organization he goes to and from what I've been reading, Detroit's Joe Dumars really likes DeMarcus and his "cut-throat" style of play.
Out of all the players in the draft Demarcus is my favorite.. Him saying that he wouldn't draft him is ludacris. IMO Demarcus will be rookie of the year, and potentially be the best out of this class among others moving forward. He's a great fit for the NBA.
I was watching the pre-draft analysis last night and Demarcus was nowhere to be seen in Jay Bilas's picks.
If I was the wizards I would have a hard time choosing between Cousins and Wall but If I was the team with the #2 pick I am not thinking twice about taking cousins over the kid from ohio state. I think that Evan Turner is going to be a bust. He may not be a total bust but he won't be the big contributor people think and to even talk about Favors over Cousins is a joke. He doesn't have half the skills DeMarcus has. Besides the Sixers have an abundance of 2's and 3's which is all Evan Turner will ever be they need a big.
JCHS05 Wrote:If I was the wizards I would have a hard time choosing between Cousins and Wall but If I was the team with the #2 pick I am not thinking twice about taking cousins over the kid from ohio state. I think that Evan Turner is going to be a bust. He may not be a total bust but he won't be the big contributor people think and to even talk about Favors over Cousins is a joke. He doesn't have half the skills DeMarcus has. Besides the Sixers have an abundance of 2's and 3's which is all Evan Turner will ever be they need a big.

:notworthy Great post!