Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky/West Virginia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This Thread Was Created Due To All The Kentucky/West Virginia Replies On Other Threads! so if anyone has anything to say about These To Schools Please Say It On This Thread!

Thanks!!!
John Flowers doing the "John Wall".....That's all that needs to be said....

Before that, it was Jeff Hostetler beating an outclassed UK team in the 83 Hall of Fame Bowl in Birmingham. Hoss went on to win two Super Bowl's for the Giants including the now famous "Wide Right" Super Bowl XXV in Tampa.

Give up Cayut fans, you are not going to win this argument with me!!!!:igiveup:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:John Flowers doing the "John Wall".....That's all that needs to be said....

Before that, it was Jeff Hostetler beating an outclassed UK team in the 83 Hall of Fame Bowl in Birmingham. Hoss went on to win two Super Bowl's for the Giants including the now famous "Wide Right" Super Bowl XXV in Tampa.

Give up Cayut fans, you are not going to win this argument with me!!!!:igiveup:

You act like WVU won the national title, by making that statement.

Who's the team that won it again? I didn't see Flowers doing any dancing after the Duke game.
UK has the better basketball program, WVU better football.
UK is better.. UK shoulda won the championship.. How many of WV players is in the top 10, top 20, top 30 in the draft? Just an educated guess but zero. And how about Duke, PC you know? National Champs and Jon Scheyer being predicted to be drafted 50 something... nice.
and yes, before you even start I am an 18%er... You must be a Duke 2%er.
Ballers Wrote:UK is better.. UK shoulda won the championship.. How many of WV players is in the top 10, top 20, top 30 in the draft? Just an educated guess but zero. And how about Duke, PC you know? National Champs and Jon Scheyer being predicted to be drafted 50 something... nice.

Duke's players in the NBA have had much better success than UK's. Until these players from UK going in the draft right now do something amazing like Duke's players have, let's not bring them up.
^ What Has JJ Redick Done?
I would like to see them play football against each other that would be a real coal bowl.
Strikeout King Wrote:^ What Has JJ Redick Done?

6th man for the Magic. Not too shabby considering everyone that wasn't a Duke fan thought he sucked.
PC_You_Know Wrote:6th man for the Magic. Not too shabby considering everyone that wasn't a Duke fan thought he sucked.

Could you name these successful duke players?

Grant Hill, Christian Laettner, Elton Brand, and Carlos Boozer?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Could you name these successful duke players?

Grant Hill, Christian Laettner, Elton Brand, and Carlos Boozer?

Shavlik Randolph has been productive, Chris Duhon has been a good player, Luol Deng is a big part of the Bulls, Shane Battier is an all star player, Maggette is still going, Josh McRoberts is contributing, Dahntay Jones averaged 10 points a game, Mike Dunleavy averaged almost 10 a game.

You got yourself into a losing battle if you want to compare UK players and Duke players in the NBA right now.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Shavlik Randolph has been productive, Chris Duhon has been a good player, Luol Deng is a big part of the Bulls, Shane Battier is an all star player, Maggette is still going, Josh McRoberts is contributing, Dahntay Jones averaged 10 points a game, Mike Dunleavy averaged almost 10 a game.

You got yourself into a losing battle if you want to compare UK players and Duke players in the NBA right now.

Battier has actually never played in a all-star game, you might have him confused with Carlos Boozer.

Duke does have better players in the NBA than Kentucky currently, but after the draft this week, Kentucky will have the better players.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Battier has actually never played in a all-star game, you might have him confused with Carlos Boozer.

Duke does have better players in the NBA than Kentucky currently, but after the draft this week, Kentucky will have the better players.

left out the word "caliber" before player, my bad. And we'll see about the UK players, they have the potential, but we all know how far potential gets you in this world, no where.
PC_You_Know Wrote:6th man for the Magic. Not too shabby considering everyone that wasn't a Duke fan thought he sucked.

6th MAN? ARE YOU SERIOUS? You must have fell & bumped your head, he is far from 6th man.. Maybe 10th at the best.. Pietrus is the 6th man... Your talking to a die hard Magic fan so take that crap else where. We won't get on the topic of better players in NBA.. We all know who rondo played for.. As well as A. Walker.. 2 UK players off the top of my head that HAS rings within the past few years.. Not a Duke player comes to mind when we talk champs in the NBA.
Ballers Wrote:6th MAN? ARE YOU SERIOUS? You must have fell & bumped your head, he is far from 6th man.. Maybe 10th at the best.. Pietrus is the 6th man... Your talking to a die hard Magic fan so take that crap else where. We won't get on the topic of better players in NBA.. We all know who rondo played for.. As well as A. Walker.. 2 UK players off the top of my head that HAS rings within the past few years.. Not a Duke player comes to mind when we talk champs in the NBA.

You realize JJ was the 5th leading scorer for the Magic right? And didn't he start a few games for them?
PC_You_Know Wrote:You act like WVU won the national title, by making that statement.

Who's the team that won it again? I didn't see Flowers doing any dancing after the Duke game.

Ah Mr Dookie Vee, this thread is WVU/Kentucky.

That was WVU's first Final Four in some 50 years. They did not win the title (took the worst time to play their worst game of the year), but just knocking off UK with FIVE first round NBA draft picks was the icing on the cake.
Ballers Wrote:UK is better.. UK shoulda won the championship.. How many of WV players is in the top 10, top 20, top 30 in the draft? Just an educated guess but zero. And how about Duke, PC you know? National Champs and Jon Scheyer being predicted to be drafted 50 something... nice.

DaShane Butler should go late first round/early second round. 2 years ago Joe Alexander was the first round pick by the Milwaukee Bucks. He is now playing for the Chicago Bulls.

As for UK winning it all....well, you know what they about woulda shoulda coulda???
I would love to see a UK vs WVU game, basketball or football!

By the way, in the elite eight game between UK and WVU, how did WVU make all of those 3-point shots?
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I would love to see a UK vs WVU game, basketball or football!

By the way, in the elite eight game between UK and WVU, how did WVU make all of those 3-point shots?

When Beilein left to go to Michigan 3 years ago, the kids he recruited like Butler, Flowers, and Mazzula all could hit the trey. Huggy took advantage of that and made it very successful. The HUGE difference between Beilein's team and Huggy's team is that Huggy's boys can rebound. Had we been able to rebound in 05, WVU would have went to that Final Four with a win over Louisville.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:When Beilein left to go to Michigan 3 years ago, the kids he recruited like Butler, Flowers, and Mazzula all could hit the trey. Huggy took advantage of that and made it very successful. The HUGE difference between Beilein's team and Huggy's team is that Huggy's boys can rebound. Had we been able to rebound in 05, WVU would have went to that Final Four with a win over Louisville.

No! Big Grin
That was a great game. Lville made a huge comeback.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:DaShane Butler should go late first round/early second round. 2 years ago Joe Alexander was the first round pick by the Milwaukee Bucks. He is now playing for the Chicago Bulls.

As for UK winning it all....well, you know what they about woulda shoulda coulda???

It's actually "coulda shoulda woulda".. But anyways, people on that team had games of their life that night. A guy that averages 2.2 points a game had 6 3-pointers. Luck was not on UK's side, and whether you like to hear this or not, 9/10 UK woulda beat their ***.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Ah Mr Dookie Vee, this thread is WVU/Kentucky.

That was WVU's first Final Four in some 50 years.
They did not win the title (took the worst time to play their worst game of the year), but just knocking off UK with FIVE first round NBA draft picks was the icing on the cake.

That says it all. WVU is a basketball powerhouse.:lmao:

I really don't think WVU could beat UK in football. After all WVU plays in the Big Least.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You realize JJ was the 5th leading scorer for the Magic right? And didn't he start a few games for them?

Just telling you how it is.. 6th man is the first man off the bench.. which definitley was not him.. And might have gotten 5-10 minutes total of PT in the playoffs.
Westside Wrote:That says it all. WVU is a basketball powerhouse.:lmao:

I really don't think WVU could beat UK in football. After all WVU plays in the

Big least:Clap::lmao:.
:thanks:
I don't have kids yet. If I did... I could only imagine that the backseat of a long car ride would sound eerily like the way this thread does.HAHA

This thread just proves that football season needs to hurry up and get here so all of us UK fans can be happy with our 7 win season, our obligatory upset of a team we shouldn't beat, and our close losses to teams we blow the game against. After our annual "how the heck did we lose that game to Tennessee" moment, many UK fans will instantly forget football and turn their focus to arguing why UK should be #1 in every conceivable pre-season basketball poll known to man. This will also be about the time theVille comes out of his hybernation (known as football season) and stirs up emotions.

It will also allow Dangerousdan to focus on what he loves the most: burning couches, winning 9 games in the Big East, and pondering on the possibilities that could allow RichRod to return. As he celebrates his 2nd Tier New Year's Day Bowl (which he will make sure to rub in UK's face as if it is the National Championship Game) he will start his memoires in which he will try to portray Coach Stewart as one of College Football All-Time Greats,a hidden less known fact about him only made public when he posts a thread with a stat about current head coaches in which he twists Stewart's numbers to resemble Saban, Meyer, Mack Brown, and all the other top coaches.

It would also allow the Duke fans to....well...... hmm.... geez....... I guess they will keep doing exactly what they are doing right now. Go Cutcliffe!
Ballers Wrote:Just telling you how it is.. 6th man is the first man off the bench.. which definitley was not him.. And might have gotten 5-10 minutes total of PT in the playoffs.

looks like more then 5-10 minutes of Playing time to me

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4139
Ballers Wrote:Just telling you how it is.. 6th man is the first man off the bench.. which definitley was not him.. And might have gotten 5-10 minutes total of PT in the playoffs.

I reckon he averaged almost 20 mins/game in the playoffs. I think you were referring to his minutes per quarter in the playoffs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't have kids yet. If I did... I could only imagine that the backseat of a long car ride would sound eerily like the way this thread does.HAHA

This thread just proves that football season needs to hurry up and get here so all of us UK fans can be happy with our 7 win season, our obligatory upset of a team we shouldn't beat, and our close losses to teams we blow the game against. After our annual "how the heck did we lose that game to Tennessee" moment, many UK fans will instantly forget football and turn their focus to arguing why UK should be #1 in every conceivable pre-season basketball poll known to man. This will also be about the time theVille comes out of his hybernation (known as football season) and stirs up emotions.

It will also allow Dangerousdan to focus on what he loves the most: burning couches, winning 9 games in the Big East, and pondering on the possibilities that could allow RichRod to return. As he celebrates his 2nd Tier New Year's Day Bowl (which he will make sure to rub in UK's face as if it is the National Championship Game) he will start his memoires in which he will try to portray Coach Stewart as one of College Football All-Time Greats,a hidden less known fact about him only made public when he posts a thread with a stat about current head coaches in which he twists Stewart's numbers to resemble Saban, Meyer, Mack Brown, and all the other top coaches.

It would also allow the Duke fans to....well...... hmm.... geez....... I guess they will keep doing exactly what they are doing right now. Go Cutcliffe!

:Thumbs:
why don't UK play WVU in Both Basketball and Football?
Pages: 1 2 3