Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texas Committed to Staying in Big 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Orangebloods.com: According to sources, Texas will announce as early as today that UT will commit to a 10-member Big 12.

Here is the source.

http://twitter.com/ChipBrownOB

Who the heck knows what is going to happen. These sources have been back and forth with this whole deal.
I've heard that there's a source that says Texas is going to the Pac-10.I've also heard there's another source that says Texas is staying in the Big 12.

This came from ESPN.
I believe there is a "SOURCE" for everything out there.
Stardust Wrote:I believe there is a "SOURCE" for everything out there.

:Thumbs:
Sources: TEXAS Departure to Pac-10 coming

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/stor...AHeadlines
Who knows? The only thing clear is that Texas holds the key to the survival of the Big 12 (now 10). If they leave for the Pac-10, then there's no conference to save.
More Cowbell Wrote:Who knows? The only thing clear is that Texas holds the key to the survival of the Big 12 (now 10). If they leave for the Pac-10, then there's no conference to save.
Honestly, now I think it is in the hands of A&M. Texas will stay put in the Big 12 as long as A&M stays. I think if A&M bolts, you will see Texas, Tech, OU, and Okie State bolt to the Pac 10/16.
Stardust Wrote:I believe there is a "SOURCE" for everything out there.

Exactly. OrangeBloods was correct about some of their reports, but it seems like now they're running with anything. I think we'd be smart to sit back and wait because it seems as if its a different story every 30 minutes.
BCF4L Wrote:Honestly, now I think it is in the hands of A&M. Texas will stay put in the Big 12 as long as A&M stays. I think if A&M bolts, you will see Texas, Tech, OU, and Okie State bolt to the Pac 10/16.

That may be true, but my point is the survival of the conference hinges on Texas. The Big 12 could survive the loss of A&M (if they still wanted to continue) as long as Texas stays. They could invite TCU to replace A&M, and move on as a 10-team conference. But with the Longhorns gone, the Big 12 is DEAD.