Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2010 state playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone have any idea or info. on the exact dates of the finals?
First round of state playoffs will be October 16th.

Second round will be October 23rd.

Semi-finals will be in Lexington on October 30th and the Championships the next day on the 31st.

The plan is to have 3 divisions this year (as opposed to just 2 that we had last year). There is also a 7th grade division.

For more information, go to http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com
KMSFA2 Wrote:First round of state playoffs will be October 16th.

Second round will be October 23rd.

Semi-finals will be in Lexington on October 30th and the Championships the next day on the 31st.

The plan is to have 3 divisions this year (as opposed to just 2 that we had last year). There is also a 7th grade division.

For more information, go to http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com
Tks for the dates....how do I find out what division schools will be in and when will that be available if not already? tks
Each school is ranked on their male enrollment in grades 7th and 8th per the KDE report. I believe (and hold me to these exact numbers because I am trying to recall what was agreed to) D3 is up to 125, D2 is 126-200, and D1 is 201 and up.

There are close to 100 schools in the KMSFA now.

We have a master list, and to be honest, we could probably post that on the KMSFA website?

Is there a school in particular you are interested in? If it is Corbin, I believe they are D2. I can check or you can ask Coach Jackson?
Coach how many D3 schools do you have?
Tks for the info. Iam glad to see that the middle school ranks are increasing
I don't have the exact number (again, please forgive me).

We get an automatic email everytime a coach registers his team. We have a database, but I am not in charge of that part of it. I mainly run the coaches listserv, assist with the 7 on 7s and some offseason events (Nike Clinic, Combines, etc.) and am on some other committees (state championship, rules, etc.).

Don't hold me to this number, but I believe Coach Mann (who is the KMSFA Playoff/Championship Coordinator) stated we had to have 30 or so D3 schools, plus all current members to maintain, in order for us to go to 3 divisions. I am pretty sure that the numbers have been better than expected (sort of a "if you build it they will come" since most D3 sized schools had previously thought they would have a tough time year in and year out playing in the 2 division setup as before). This all hinges on membership numbers, regardless.

I would like to highlight that there are so many more benefits to being a member of the KMSFA. Our East vs West All Star game where the top 100 8th graders play against one another at Kentucky State University, our alignment with 2 different national all-star games (played in Myrtle Beach, SC and San Antonio, TX), off season events such as 7 on 7s that are held at universities, insurance, rules and standards, along with professional training and development for coaches.

The KMSFA, in my opinion, is THE hardest working organization for ANY middle school sport in the state.
Did Letcher Middle join this year out of the Big Sandy?
KMSFA2 Wrote:I don't have the exact number (again, please forgive me).

We get an automatic email everytime a coach registers his team. We have a database, but I am not in charge of that part of it. I mainly run the coaches listserv, assist with the 7 on 7s and some offseason events (Nike Clinic, Combines, etc.) and am on some other committees (state championship, rules, etc.).

Don't hold me to this number, but I believe Coach Mann (who is the KMSFA Playoff/Championship Coordinator) stated we had to have 30 or so D3 schools, plus all current members to maintain, in order for us to go to 3 divisions. I am pretty sure that the numbers have been better than expected (sort of a "if you build it they will come" since most D3 sized schools had previously thought they would have a tough time year in and year out playing in the 2 division setup as before). This all hinges on membership numbers, regardless.

I would like to highlight that there are so many more benefits to being a member of the KMSFA. Our East vs West All Star game where the top 100 8th graders play against one another at Kentucky State University, our alignment with 2 different national all-star games (played in Myrtle Beach, SC and San Antonio, TX), off season events such as 7 on 7s that are held at universities, insurance, rules and standards, along with professional training and development for coaches.

The KMSFA, in my opinion, is THE hardest working organization for ANY middle school sport in the state.
I have to agree with you, imo its professionally ran and organized considering that it hasnt been around that long, KUDOS to everyone that has a hand in it.:rockon::rockon::Thumbs::1:
I was at the Big Sandy's conference meeting a few months back. I know Letcher's coaches were there.

If they have joined, I don't remember their registration being emailed to me (the automatic notification I usually get).

There are several teams from over that way that have joined. Paintsville and Allen have for sure. I believe there are a few others. Hopefull all of the Big Sandy will join. Morgan County (which is nearby) has been in the state finals and semi-finals the last 2 years. I know you all play some good football down there.

Thank you, Redhound, for the compliments. We try to go out of our way to make the events special for the players, coaches, and parents. We work hard to make sure the small details are taken care of. Opportunities for kids are what we are all about. We want the label "State Championship" to carry the weight that it warrants. The same goes for the state-wide All Star game. If you didn't see those 2 teams playing, you missed out. It looked like 2 high school teams. The NFL guys who were there were greatly impressed at the level of competition the KMSFA had assembled. That game will also be televised on Wazoo this year (along with the 4 state championships D1, D2, D3 and 7th grade).
Someone e-mail Terry Howard and get it done.
is bell co. going to be able to be a part of the play-offs
Coach Chaney registered Bell County 3 days ago, so to answer your question - yes, they are members this year. As to whether or not they participate in the playoffs, well that is up to the Bobcats! Win your conference and the answer is another "yes"!

The breakdown for the playoffs will be -

D1 - Top 32 teams
D2 - Top 16 teams
D3 - Top 16 teams
7th Grade - Top 16 teams
I've been away for awhile...any info as to which division Jackson Co is?