Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Georgetown College Camp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any info. on this camp?? Ive heard nothing but praise about this camp.:thanks::Clap::Clap:
This will make the third year that I have taken my son to the GC football camp, we also have nothing but praise for this camp and how it is ran. The ratio of coach to player is really good and I like the fact that my son is getting instruction from college level coaches. He also made friends with a good group of kids from Corbin last year and we also faced them in a bowl game last year, and the kids from both teams really enjoyed playing against each other. If I had to pick just one camp to send my son to it would start with G-town.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:This will make the third year that I have taken my son to the GC football camp, we also have nothing but praise for this camp and how it is ran. The ratio of coach to player is really good and I like the fact that my son is getting instruction from college level coaches. He also made friends with a good group of kids from Corbin last year and we also faced them in a bowl game last year, and the kids from both teams really enjoyed playing against each other. If I had to pick just one camp to send my son to it would start with G-town.
That is what I am going to like about it is that college coaches will be instructing the boys. It will be my sons first yr. and I know of at least 3 others that will be going again this yr that are on the incoming 8th grade team. Do they have a family day or anything like that at the end of camp?
I don't think that they have any thing like a parents day, but it has been my experience that whenever you are in town, it is OK to watch them go at it, from a distance. The staff is always very business-like and will answer questions when they have the time. From what I see as long as you know your place as a parent they have no problems with people watching. One thing that was helpful to me was watching different drills, and adapting those that I hadn't seen into our practice schedule backhome.
Mountain pride 10 Wrote:I don't think that they have any thing like a parents day, but it has been my experience that whenever you are in town, it is OK to watch them go at it, from a distance. The staff is always very business-like and will answer questions when they have the time. From what I see as long as you know your place as a parent they have no problems with people watching. One thing that was helpful to me was watching different drills, and adapting those that I hadn't seen into our practice schedule backhome.
Tks for the info. It would b nice to see what the kids were being taught and and apply that to their game. Thats how the coaches are from where iam at; as along as you dont step on their toes you are allowed to watch workouts and practices.:thanks:
Hey Redhound my cousin's son play's for the hounds and he will be in the 8th grade, do you know Jeff Anderson? Look forward to maybe meeting you in a couple of weeks.
Iam sorry, but no i dont. Is that the boys name or dads name? Where did he transfer from? We have gotten at least 4 new kids that have joined the team. These coaches are great men that know the game and are excited about the coming year.
Jeff is the father, Dalton is his son.
[quote=Mountain pride 10]Jeff is the father, Dalton is his son.[/QUOTE..I Know of him, his son is a great player.