Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK FB Committ Glenn Faulkner #83 in Country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rivals released their Top 100 players and UK committ Glenn Faulkner debuted at #83 and as a 4*. He is the highest rated committ UK has had since Micah Johnson.

Boyle County's Lamar Dawson also made the list at #99 and as a 4*.
Very nice. I think Dawson will go higher, but I know NOTHING about recruiting? EKUAlum05, would you agree?
lwc Wrote:Very nice. I think Dawson will go higher, but I know NOTHING about recruiting? EKUAlum05, would you agree?

I don't know. To be in the Top 100 is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE honor and you can count the number of KY kids who have accomplished this the past decade on one hand. Dawson's performance in Columbus aided his cause, but his offer list probably is the only thing holding him back. The only "Elite" offers he has so far are Florida and Notre Dame. If more offer he could easily move up, but playing in Kentucky against what is viewed as "weaker competition" as compared to most other states also means if he doesn't dominate it could hurt his stock.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't know. To be in the Top 100 is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE honor and you can count the number of KY kids who have accomplished this the past decade on one hand. Dawson's performance in Columbus aided his cause, but his offer list probably is the only thing holding him back. The only "Elite" offers he has so far are Florida and Notre Dame. If more offer he could easily move up, but playing in Kentucky against what is viewed as "weaker competition" as compared to most other states also means if he doesn't dominate it could hurt his stock.

Thanks!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I don't know. To be in the Top 100 is a HUUUUUUUUUUGE honor and you can count the number of KY kids who have accomplished this the past decade on one hand. Dawson's performance in Columbus aided his cause, but his offer list probably is the only thing holding him back. The only "Elite" offers he has so far are Florida and Notre Dame. If more offer he could easily move up, but playing in Kentucky against what is viewed as "weaker competition" as compared to most other states also means if he doesn't dominate it could hurt his stock.

Do you think Kentucky will be in the running for Dawson when it is all said and done?
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Do you think Kentucky will be in the running for Dawson when it is all said and done?

Definitely.

Not saying they get him, but the home state school who grew up a fan of... with Chuck Smith recruiting him (the man who made Boyle County's program), and the fact he is one of UK's top targets practically assures his final decision will include UK.
hopefully they will get him
back_in_black Wrote:hopefully they will get him

The LB core is getting a little slim as is talent wise after Micah grauating it would be nice to pull in a state kid who is talented. Joining right along with Patterson will be nice.