Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Brennan Says Evan Turner Should be First Pick in Draft
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN's Eamonn Brennan says the easiest pick in the 2010 NBA Draft is taking Evan Turner with the first pick.

Alright, I realize that Brennan is not an NBA analyst (he's no Chad Ford), but here is what he says about Turner and Wall:

1. Evan Turner, guard, Ohio State. (Chad Ford mock draft position: No. 3): This one was easy. Turner was the best player in college basketball last season -- hands down. He filled up the stat sheet with a versatility unseen anywhere else in the game, averaging 20.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, 6.0 assists, 1.7 steals and 0.9 blocks per game. At 6-foot-7, Turner made for a devastating point guard hybrid at Ohio State in 2009-10, bigger and more athletic than all of his contemporaries. And he's not tied to that position, either; a college team could take him and slot him just about anywhere. He was the national player of the year for very good reason. He was, simply, the best. Like I said, this one was easy.

2. John Wall, guard, Kentucky. (Chad Ford mock draft position: No. 1): Through two picks, this looks like a semi-bold NBA mock draft and nothing more. But it makes sense. Wall was really, really good in his first and only collegiate season. He wasn't as statistically impressive as Turner, and his outside shooting deficiencies held him back from being an otherworldly force. However, his command of the game, his speed, his ballhandling, his uncanny passing and his ability to finish at the rim made him the top non-Turner contender for player of the year. Wall will no doubt be better in the future. Considering how good he's been already, that's a scary thought.

He thinks DeMarcus Cousins should be the third overall pick and no other Kentucky players should be in the Lottery portion of the first round. He points out that Daniel Orton scored 3 points and pulled down 3 rebounds last season for UK.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/05/brenna...ld-be.html
Orton scored more than 3 points didn't he?
Orton, averaged, 3 points, and 3 rebs a game....I like orton as a mid to late lottery pick! 10-14 range...I like turner as the #1 pick but idk if it will happen, because the hype that wall gets
No team is going to pick Wall over Turner because of hype. Wall is younger and less experienced than Turner, so if he is picked #1 it will because his perceived potential is greater in the eyes of the management of one NBA team.
I'm not sold on Turner. Thad has not developed any significant NBA talent. Good for college, but nobodies in the NBA. Give me players who have come from coaches that has presented solid NBA talent from the college ranks.
that guy is retarded (who said that)
ESPNS Who? Lol. Never heard of the guy. Turner wasnt surrounded by superstars. Wall has to share the spotlight every game. Had he played for Decent team his numbers would have been great.

Wall is NBA ready.

As if you have to be a great shooter? Has he ever seen rondo play?
This guy is basing everything he comes up with on just stats. Turner was absolutely a great player in college but he won't be near the player Wall could, and should, be at the next level.