Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tennesse Coach Bruce Pearl Says "Florida By Far Is The Most Talented Team In The SEC"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bruce Pearl says the Florida Gators, who narrowly escaped the NIT last season, are "by far the most talented team in the SEC."

[FONT=&quot]"Billy Donovan has had several years of really, really good recruiting,'' Pearl said, according to Mike Griffith of the Knoxville News Sentinel. "They will be by far the most talented team in the SEC.''

[/FONT]
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/05/pearl-...lented.htm
that is a joke.
:lmao:
JCHS05 Wrote:that is a joke.

i thought the same exact thing when i first saw it
Florida will be talented but not, "by far the most talented team in the SEC."
They are not even talented. They are terrible. And I hated them when Noah played there.. Still hate Noah.
Florida has had some top recruiting classes other than last year but still. Where is that talent now? If you have talent you would should be winning championships!
He is doing what Don King and other boxing promoters do: Boost their opponents to ease the blow of a potential loss and to make the win sweeter. If he tells the world that Florida will be great, whenever (if) they lose, people just think "Well they are the most talented team anyway"
wow can you crazy
But he has still lost 4 out of the last 5 to Kentucky. Just wanted to throw that in there.
I think Bruce Pearl and ole Billy is gettin; it on.. But that's just me.
Ballers Wrote:I think Bruce Pearl and ole Billy is gettin; it on.. But that's just me.

yea lol
Does it really matter? This past season, UK was probably the most talented team in the nation and we all know how that ended.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Does it really matter? This past season, UK was probably the most talented team in the nation and we all know how that ended.

:Thumbs:
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Does it really matter? This past season, UK was probably the most talented team in the nation and we all know how that ended.

This coming from a die hard Tenn. fan go figure.
Wonder who'd win in a fight if Cousins fought the whole ball club over there?

Yep, one win away from the Final Four. That happens to young teams, sometimes.
Axel Foley Wrote:Yep, one win away from the Final Four. That happens to young teams, sometimes.

Young indeed and finishing the season with only 3 losses..
Hmm.. Wonder if they all woulda stayed if they coulda claimed a championship? Not a tough answer on that one.
Ballers Wrote:This coming from a die hard Tenn. fan go figure.
Wonder who'd win in a fight if Cousins fought the whole ball club over there?

Die hard UT fan is right, but it was just a good example of what talent really means. And... I'm not very concerned with Cousins' abilities to fight. I'm sure they'll serve him well in the NBA.

The most talented and the youngest too!! But haters tend to leave out all the details. Youngest team in the tourney, 35-3 record, and won the SEC championship. What say you about those VOLS. What did they accomplish this year??
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Die hard UT fan is right, but it was just a good example of what talent really means. And... I'm not very concerned with Cousins' abilities to fight. I'm sure they'll serve him well in the NBA.

Just glad UT's "talent" as well as the Gators "talent" shined bright in the SEC tourney this year.
Florida the most talented team by far? I'm scratching my head one this one.:what:
Wildcats11 Wrote:The most talented and the youngest too!! But haters tend to leave out all the details. Youngest team in the tourney, 35-3 record, and won the SEC championship. What say you about those VOLS. What did they accomplish this year??

Looks like you better get used to being the youngest team every season, with the type of players Calipari brings in.

Obviously the Vols didn't have the record UK had.. And UK did win the overall series between the two, but we did beat UK. We also made it just as far as UK did in the NCAA Tournament. Beating then #1 Kansas, short-handed, was an accomplishment, as well. I'm not trying to compare the two programs because there is no comparison, but those were big accomplishments for a UT program that has had very little success in basketball. Honestly, I thought both UT and UK had great seasons.
BloodyHarlanVOL Wrote:Looks like you better get used to being the youngest team every season, with the type of players Calipari brings in.

Obviously the Vols didn't have the record UK had.. And UK did win the overall series between the two, but we did beat UK. We also made it just as far as UK did in the NCAA Tournament. Beating then #1 Kansas, short-handed, was an accomplishment, as well. I'm not trying to compare the two programs because there is no comparison, but those were big accomplishments for a UT program that has had very little success in basketball. Honestly, I thought both UT and UK had great seasons.

Well then I guess you better get used to getting beat by the youngest team every season...

Bruce Pearl is a retarded idiot for saying that. He knows good and well UK is the most talented team in the SEC, by far. And I agree with you, UT did have a great season this year. To tell ya the truth...I think UK football will be surpassing UT football within the next 5-10 years.

But, that's just a theory...:rockon:
vundy33 Wrote:Well then I guess you better get used to getting beat by the youngest team every season...

Bruce Pearl is a retarded idiot for saying that. He knows good and well UK is the most talented team in the SEC, by far. And I agree with you, UT did have a great season this year. To tell ya the truth...I think UK football will be surpassing UT football within the next 5-10 years.

But, that's just a theory...:rockon:

As long as Calipari is your coach and Pearl is our coach, I feel pretty good about keeping the games competitive and being able to beat UK. Other than the SEC tournament game this past season, the Pearl-Calipari games have usually been great games and Pearl definitely knows how to beat Calipari. I actually feel better about UT's chances against the Calipari UK teams than I did against the Gillispie UK teams. Obviously, UK will have a lot of success with Calipari there, but I do think UT will be a thorn in his side, just as they were while he was at Memphis.

Now as far as football goes, I just can't see UK ever surpassing anyone in the SEC East, other than Vandy. UT is down right now and UK could possibly beat them while they're rebuilding, but they better do it before things get turned around. If not, the streak could reach 50 years. With all due respect though, UK football is miles ahead of where they used to be. They're no longer an automatic "W" on the schedule and teams have to be ready to play against them. Brooks did a great job with the program and maybe Joker will continue that trend.