Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Louisville Guard Preston Knowles In Trouble?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A University of Louisville basketball player has been accused of punching his girlfriend's stepfather.

Preston Knowles, a senior guard from Clark Co. has not been arrested. According to police, Knowles was involved in an altercation with his girlfriend. The argument developed over a hairbrush.

According to the police report there was a "verbal argument between boyfriend and girlfriend, and the stepfather intervened and blows were exchanged. The report says the stepfather was "struck in left eye."

Knowles claims that he was shoved. According to Louisville TV reports, he told police that it was self-defense.

According to a police report, Bullitt County sheriff's deputies were called to a Shepherdsville home Sunday around 9 p.m. after a verbal argument between Knowles and his girlfriend escalated.

"At some point there, Mr. Knowles stated that the victim's father had shoved him and he, in defense of himself, stated he had hit the victim's stepfather in this case," Bullitt County Detective Scotty McGaha told WLKY-TV.

"In this case, the victim's stepfather was referred to the county attorney on what we call misdemeanor assault. He has some minor injury," McGaha said.

The University of Louisville said they are aware of this incident.

http://www.lex18.com/news/louisville-pla...tepfather/
Is this Karen Sypher, making something else up? lmao
The pictures are up on KSR and the dad looks pretty bad.
Strikeout King Wrote:A University of Louisville basketball player has been accused of punching his girlfriend's stepfather.

Preston Knowles, a senior guard from Clark Co. has not been arrested. According to police, Knowles was involved in an altercation with his girlfriend. The argument developed over a hairbrush.

According to the police report there was a "verbal argument between boyfriend and girlfriend, and the stepfather intervened and blows were exchanged. The report says the stepfather was "struck in left eye."

Knowles claims that he was shoved. According to Louisville TV reports, he told police that it was self-defense.

According to a police report, Bullitt County sheriff's deputies were called to a Shepherdsville home Sunday around 9 p.m. after a verbal argument between Knowles and his girlfriend escalated.

"At some point there, Mr. Knowles stated that the victim's father had shoved him and he, in defense of himself, stated he had hit the victim's stepfather in this case," Bullitt County Detective Scotty McGaha told WLKY-TV.

"In this case, the victim's stepfather was referred to the county attorney on what we call misdemeanor assault. He has some minor injury," McGaha said.

The University of Louisville said they are aware of this incident.

http://www.lex18.com/news/louisville-pla...tepfather/

What?!
If the dad was running his mouth and was pushing on him then he had every right.

Must be a pretty hairbrush.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:If the dad was running his mouth and was pushing on him then he had every right.

Must be a pretty hairbrush.

Most people would strick back if they were pushed and shoved.
If he was getting abused (shoving, mouthed at) I dont blame him for that! I like preston and he is a great ball player
theVILLE Wrote:If he was getting abused (shoving, mouthed at) I dont blame him for that! I like preston and he is a great ball player

i'm not knocking on him or anything but if he's a great ball player like you say, then why does he miss most of the shots he takes?
He plays hard, good role player.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preston Knowles (born March 29, 1989) is a Junior guard for the 2008-09 University of Louisville men's basketball team. Knowles has been a defensive leader for the Cardinals[1] and finished the 2009 season as the Big East leader in three-point shooting percentage.[2]
I guess he don't miss most of his shots Wink
Aslan Wrote:From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Preston Knowles (born March 29, 1989) is a Junior guard for the 2008-09 University of Louisville men's basketball team. Knowles has been a defensive leader for the Cardinals[1] and finished the 2009 season as the Big East leader in three-point shooting percentage.[2]
I guess he don't miss most of his shots Wink

the games i watched he did....but he also had double digit points
theVILLE Wrote:If he was getting abused (shoving, mouthed at) I dont blame him for that! I like preston and he is a great ball player

He has a witness to prove that is what happened.

WHAS Interviews Witness

WHAS11 News found a man who lives just feet from where the alleged fight happened. The man did not want to go on-camera but says he’s being interviewed by detectives on Friday about what he saw.He says he saw Knowles’ girlfriend hitting Knowles outside the house, and he then saw the step-father walk out and start swinging at Knowles.The witness at this point says that's when Knowles also swung back and a fight started.
As good ol' Jim Ross says..."Business is about to pick up"!
Not like I have some inside track on Knowles or anything... but he never seemed to me to be an instigator type, much less stupid enough to attack someone and put himself in a situation like this for no reason... but I could easily be wrong.
Strikeout King Wrote:i'm not knocking on him or anything but if he's a great ball player like you say, then why does he miss most of the shots he takes?

look at his % as a freshman and sophmore my friend! He has a great 3 pt %!!!! Junior year he injured his wrist and knocked it down a little...I wasnt comparing to MJ or something he is just a great player and plays D and get hit the trey ball
Strikeout King Wrote:the games i watched he did....but he also had double digit points

Everyone has an off night! Maybe you should watch more than one game
theVILLE Wrote:look at his % as a freshman and sophmore my friend! He has a great 3 pt %!!!! Junior year he injured his wrist and knocked it down a little...I wasnt comparing to MJ or something he is just a great player and plays D and get hit the trey ball

don't watch hardly any Louisville Games, but the ones i have watched he wouldn't putting the ball in the basket.

theVILLE Wrote:Everyone has an off night! Maybe you should watch more than one game

all we have is cable and there is hardly ever any games on, unless its the weekend then its normally Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse and some others, they hardly ever show any Louisville Games!

i have however seen him play in high school
Strikeout King Wrote:don't watch hardly any Louisville Games, but the ones i have watched he wouldn't putting the ball in the basket.

all we have is cable and there is hardly ever any games on, unless its the weekend then its normally Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Syracuse and some others, they hardly ever show any Louisville Games!

i have however seen him play in high school

Preston is a great passer, maybe you should have paid more attention to his asists those games...LOL. Also he is a very good defense player, that is why he has gotten his PT at Louisville. Preston knows his role on the team and has played it very well.
Gold Charger Wrote:Preston is a great passer, maybe you should have paid more attention to his asists those games...LOL. Also he is a very good defense player, that is why he has gotten his PT at Louisville. Preston knows his role on the team and has played it very well.

he is a good player or else he wouldn't be at Louisville!
An athlete of his caliber and size, you'd have to be crazy not to carry a ball bat or something around just in case something like this happens, haha.