Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cal at the top of Cavs' list
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He Goes No Where. I dont know what is so appealing about Cal to NBA coaches.

Well i guess buying players is in his mojo...... lol.... j/k
I think he goes back to the NBA, but not this year.
If they pay him more than UK is paying him, I can see him leaving.. BUT... You also have to see how far he has came... Went from a dud conference, and a dud school and is now at the grand-daddy of college basketball schools -- with us. He might take that into consideration... In his press conference he did say he wanted to turn our program around and I could see him definitley staying with us for a few more years. I'm not real sure about the whole NBA thing.. Just speculation.
Ballers Wrote:If they pay him more than UK is paying him, I can see him leaving.. BUT... You also have to see how far he has came... Went from a dud conference, and a dud school and is now at the grand-daddy of college basketball schools -- with us. He might take that into consideration... In his press conference he did say he wanted to turn our program around and I could see him definitley staying with us for a few more years. I'm not real sure about the whole NBA thing.. Just speculation.

Its Not about the Money. LOL. Its always About The Money.

No But really cals extension on his contract involves no pay raise. He said he is making enough now.
Cal will not leave the Cats. He has it made in Kentucky. But if his ego takes over and the money is right he will be gone next year.
What everyone is failing to realize, and I sometimes catch myself doing this too, is that Cal has no deep rooted connection to Kentucky. At the end of the day it may be one of the greatest jobs in basketball but it is still just that, a job. It is still not in the same category as being the head coach of one of the best teams in the NBA with one of the greatest players of his generation. Ultimately Coach Cal is in the coaching profession and as in any other profession you always look for ways to advance yourself if you can. I wouldn't blame him for leaving at all.
he will stay at uk
if he trys to leave anytime soon, they may have to sneak him out if he wants out alive,lol
cuppett777 Wrote:if he trys to leave anytime soon, they may have to sneak him out if he wants out alive,lol

LMAO.. That is sooooo true!
I see Cal going to the Lakers next season when Jackson retires.
You fire a guy that was 140 games over .500 and put a guy 40 games under .500 at the top of your list. Makes a lot of sense.