Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK's Starting Lineup for the 2010-11 season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts?

Knight
Lamb
Miller
Jones
Kanter

Key Subs: Liggins, Dodson, Vargas, Poole Jr.
Sounds good to me.
Sounds good to me! I hope Miller can provide the leadership that Patterson gave last year. He seems to be too quiet to do that, but I hope that I am wrong.
Dodson or Liggins may start in the place of Lamb for more experience.. But either way it looks good to me.
Pretty obvious who the 5 are going to be.
sounds good
uhavenoidea Wrote:Thoughts?

Knight
Lamb
Miller
Jones
Kanter

Key Subs: Liggins, Dodson, Vargas, Poole Jr.

poor old Hood wont get to see the floor much again, thats bad to be a MR.BASKETBALL, i grew up in madisonville and not to put him down but hes not a MR BASKETBALL..
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Dodson or Liggins may start in the place of Lamb for more experience.. But either way it looks good to me.

I would agree with that
Knight
Dodson/Lamb
Miller
Jones
Kanter
Axel Foley Wrote:Knight
Dodson/Lamb
Miller
Jones
Kanter

One thing. I dont think Dodson would play into the starting lineup. I think that with Lamb in the lineup is perfect. Maybe even having Liggins instead of lamb. But I think that Cal will go with a pure shooter to have in the starting lineup.
I think this seasons is complete opposite of last season! Last seasons team couldnt shoot to save their lives, and this season is going to be shootign the lights out. I think they will have there off nights shooting though like everyone else, which this season will cost them some games with absence of a cousins and orton under the goal! But this years class has nothing on 2011 class, I really look forward to see if the 2011 class is the greatest ever!
another sec championship?
theVILLE Wrote:I think this seasons is complete opposite of last season! Last seasons team couldnt shoot to save their lives, and this season is going to be shootign the lights out. I think they will have there off nights shooting though like everyone else, which this season will cost them some games with absence of a cousins and orton under the goal! But this years class has nothing on 2011 class, I really look forward to see if the 2011 class is the greatest ever!

:Thumbs: Great post! I completely agree.

According to a thread saying Lamb will be Knight's backup, this is what I suppose the lineup will be:

Starting:
PG - Brandon Knight
SG - Darnell Dodson
SF - Darius Miller
PF - Terrence Jones
C - Enes Kanter

Backup:
PG - Doron Lamb
SG - Stacey Poole
SF - DeAndre Liggins, Jon Hood
PF - Eloy Vargas
C - Eloy Vargas, Josh Harrellson

I think Coach Calipari will switch Eloy Vargas with both Terrence Jones and Enes Kanter (just like he did with Orton).

I think Josh Harrellson will get more playing time this year (pobably about as much as Perry Stevenson did last year).
Deathstar 80 Wrote::Thumbs: Great post! I completely agree.

According to a thread saying Lamb will be Knight's backup, this is what I suppose the lineup will be:

Starting:
PG - Brandon Knight
SG - Darnell Dodson
SF - Darius Miller
PF - Terrence Jones
C - Enes Kanter

Backup:
PG - Doron Lamb
SG - Stacey Poole
PF - Eloy Vargas

I think Coach Calipari will switch Eloy Vargas with both Terrence Jones and Enes Kanter (just like he did with Orton).

I think Josh Harrellson will get more playing time this year (pobably about as much as Perry Stevenson did last year).

I agree with your post here as well! I dont see any banners been hung at rupp this season, but the next year if all the recruits come in again and some of these stay the could! YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME KIND OF EXPIERENCE TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP!
YouCantGuardMe Wrote:another sec championship?

Hmmm possibly! It all depends on how this team shoots! They will have to have great games to do that! THey wont be able to suck it up 38 minutes of the game and then miracuously pull it off

Starting:
PG - Brandon Knight
SG - Darnell Dodson
SF - Darius Miller
PF - Terrence Jones
C - Enes Kanter

Backup:
PG - Doron Lamb
SG - Stacey Poole
PF - Eloy Vargas

I think Harrellson will play a decent lot this season. But it will be the situation like last year where Cal tried to not have Orton and Stevenson out there together. He'll try to do the same this year by not playing Vargas and Harrellson at the same time.

Starting:
PG - Brandon Knight
SG - Darnell Dodson
SF - Darius Miller
PF - Terrence Jones
C - Enes Kanter

Backup:
PG - Doron Lamb
SG - Stacey Poole
PF - Eloy Vargas

Good post but give me Liggins over Dodson any day of the week.
Cant wait to see this lineup get going. They really are going to be a more balanced team and will doing a lot more of dribble drive type offense. It is an exciting problem to have when you have to decide between starting a 5 star freshmen or a 4 star junior. I think that the team has so much potenital and can achieve just as much if not more than last years bunch.
So I believe that the majority of people agrees that it looks like this with the other guard spot being the only ? .

Knight-PG
Lamb-SG
Miller-F
Jone-PF
Kanter-C

But if you take the statements that say that Lamb will backup knight, then I think that lineup can look more like this (small changes):

Starter/back up
Knight/ Lamb- PG
Liggins/ Dodson/ Hood/ Polson
Miller/ Poole
Jones/ Vargas (swings over)
Kanter/ Vargas/ Harrellson

I would put that lineup and bench up against anyteam. I think that the Cats have so much deapth at every spot and all that is needed now is time to gain experience. Like I said earlier in this post, they have so much potential and can achieve even more than last years if they gel quick.

Go Cats!!!
IMO I believe Cal will start Vargas over Dodson or Miller, Patterson added some length to UK's 5 and he's gonna want the same from Vargas and have him out there with Kanter.
Ballers Wrote:IMO I believe Cal will start Vargas over Dodson or Miller, Patterson added some length to UK's 5 and he's gonna want the same from Vargas and have him out there with Kanter.

i believe that is not the case cal said himself that it was not his preferance to play so many bigs that he did last year but with the talent level he had no choice.
PG Knight/Lamb/Liggins/Miller/Polson
SG Liggins/Lamb/Miller/Poole/Dodson/Hood/Polson
SF Miller/Liggins/Jones/Poole/Dodson/Hood
PF Jones/Kanter/Vargas/White/Harrellson
C Kanter/Vargas/Harrellson

Question marks for next year's roster in bold.
LClion4life Wrote:Good post but give me Liggins over Dodson any day of the week.

Amen to that.
Two great looking lineups back to back!
Good to be a UK fan!