Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Eloy Vargas commits to Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And the choice is Kentucky.

It is official according to Evan Daniels.
With this commitment, that should go ahead and put us back to the number 1 class.
Kentucky has landed 6-10 C/PF forward Eloy Vargas according to Evan Daniels at Scout.com.

Coming out of high school in the 2008 class, Vargas was ranked No. 26 overall by Rivals.com. He committed to Florida and played one season then transferred to Miami-Dade College (JUCO).

After a season at the JUCO level, Vargas is headed back to the Southeastern Conference - this time as a Kentucky Wildcat.

Vargas averaged 25 points and 15 rebounds last season at Miami-Dade.

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/05/eloy-v...tucky.html
What kind of numbers did Vargas have at Florida? Is he going to be good?
lwc Wrote:What kind of numbers did Vargas have at Florida? Is he going to be good?

i don't know the numbers but it should put kentucky to the #1 recruiting class in 2010
Strikeout King Wrote:i don't know the numbers but it should put kentucky to the #1 recruiting class in 2010

:Thumbs:
lwc Wrote:What kind of numbers did Vargas have at Florida? Is he going to be good?
0.6 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.00% FG. Hopefully, he will be much more productive in his second SEC season.
This should give us some depth in the frontcourt.
Axel Foley Wrote:This should give us some depth in the frontcourt.

Depth? Heck, this kid could wind up in the starting five.
I have heard that the kid had some ankle trouble when he at Florida. His JUCO number were monsterous though. I think that he should be a great pick up, and now if Jones doesn't commit we are for sure that we have two capable bodies for that position. Great get Cal!
Im just glad we got another big guy.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Im just glad we got another big guy.

I think that is the key. If this guy can be good, he doesn't have to be a superstar. the CATS just needed someone to play the four and be a positive contributor.

If he turns out to be a superstar, that would be EVEN BETTER!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:0.6 ppg, 0.7 rpg, 0.00% FG. Hopefully, he will be much more productive in his second SEC season.
Wow. So he never made a field goal while at Florida?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Depth? Heck, this kid could wind up in the starting five.

I sure hope he's good enough to start over Harrelson! Lmao.
Aslan Wrote:Wow. So he never made a field goal while at Florida?

I sure hope he's good enough to start over Harrelson! Lmao.

He Didnt play that much at florida.
Good Pickup..but does anyone have any news on Jones?
Way to go Coach Cal... More front court depth. Even if this kid isnt a future lottery pick, it doesnt matter. We are getting quality depth.

All we need is Terrance Jones....If Jones comes to UK...which has to be decided by Wendesday...UK IMO will be a top 5 team by mid season

Knight
Liggins
Miller
Terrance Jones
Kantar

Lamb
Dodson
Vargas
Poole Jr.
Hood
Harrleson
Polson

If Dodson does come back, which may happen, but just as likely may not....UK will be very good.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Way to go Coach Cal... More front court depth. Even if this kid isnt a future lottery pick, it doesnt matter. We are getting quality depth.

All we need is Terrance Jones....If Jones comes to UK...which has to be decided by Wendesday...UK IMO will be a top 5 team by mid season

Knight
Liggins
Miller
Terrance Jones
Kantar

Lamb
Dodson
Vargas
Poole Jr.
Hood
Harrleson
Polson

If Dodson does come back, which may happen, but just as likely may not....UK will be very good.

Wrong. There is a loophole, he can decide whenever.

And I highly doubt Liggins will start over Lamb. UK needed a shooter last year, Doron Lamb is that shooter.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Wrong. There is a loophole, he can decide whenever.

And I highly doubt Liggins will start over Lamb. UK needed a shooter last year, Doron Lamb is that shooter.

yep, i heard that tonight that Jones Can Decide when ever he wants
Lot's of academic baggage with this young man. There were a ton of academic allegations about him when he was being recruited a few years ago. I hope this one does not turn bad
While at Miami-Dade JC he got his academics in order and has now been accepted into the University of Kentucky as a transfer student and will start summer courses the 2nd summer session.