Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky leads nation in attendance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Kentucky
2. Syracuse
3. Louisville
4. Tennessee
5. North Carolina
6. Wisconsin
7. Maryland
8. Memphis
9. Kansas
10. Marquette

http://ncaa.org/wps/portal/ncaahome?WCM_...s_05_12_10
How can anyone say their school has the best fans anywhere if they're not a fan of Kentucky?

I mean, there's the numbers. The numbers don't lie.
Where's Duke? :p
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Where's Duke? :p

Why even bring this up? You know Duke's famous gym is too small to make the list.
How many years is that in a row now 5?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Why even bring this up? You know Duke's famous gym is too small to make the list.

It was just a joke. Smile Duke has a great fan base.
Duke really should be on that list because of the fan base but as PC said, the fans there have to deal with the limited space of the indoor arena.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Duke really should be on that list because of the fan base but as PC said, the fans there have to deal with the limited space of the indoor arena.

If Duke had a larger facility, they could probably fill close to 20 thousand seats every night.
Good to see two Kentucky schools in the top 3.
Aslan Wrote:Good to see two Kentucky schools in the top 3.

Yep. Shocked that L-ville is in the top 3.
as far as fan base, Duke would be 2nd behind UK...Lets face it there is no fan base as crazy as UK!!! There NUTS! I mean they think if you support another school, you should be hung lol...Nah there crazy in a good way though
Ballers Wrote:Yep. Shocked that L-ville is in the top 3.

Why??
theVILLE Wrote:Why??

I was shocked also. I figured there wasn't enough college basketball fans in the state of Kentucky to put both Kentucky and Louisville on this list, especially in the top three.
Iv always jokingly said that UK needs to Dome commonwealth and play all sports there. Imagine 67,000 people at every UK basketball home game
PC_You_Know Wrote:If Duke had a larger facility, they could probably fill close to 20 thousand seats every night.

Agree with you to an extent. I don't know about 20 k consistently because it is a private university with most graduates sprinkled around the country are not really around the campus. I would also say that most of the state roots for UNC and thus the traveling fans (.like UK Pikeville fans) would probably not be as significant if Duke had a bigger arena. I still think that they would have a fantastic attendence but nothing like the a sell out each night with that many. They have their cathedral in Camreon indoor and I think that they will stick with it for some time (as they should).
Deathstar 80 Wrote:I was shocked also. I figured there wasn't enough college basketball fans in the state of Kentucky to put both Kentucky and Louisville on this list, especially in the top three.

Exactly.