Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Source: Kentucky To Play Notre Dame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A source tells me that Kentucky will play Notre Dame in Louisville next season in early December as part of the beginning of a series with the Irish. The game may actually be part of the Big East-SEC challenge (which originally was thought to potentially match up Kentucky and Syracuse), but even if classified as part of that event, will likely be the beginning of semi-regular meetings between the two schools.

If only it was a year earlier…we could have had more Harangody for your entertainment. As it is now, lets hope that Mike Brey stays away from all local television reporters in the process.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=51536
:Thumbs: It will be great to watch Kentucky play against another well-known program.

Does Kentucky basketball still have North Carolina and Connecticut on their schedule?
UCONN was a one year thing
Deathstar 80 Wrote::Thumbs: It will be great to watch Kentucky play against another well-known program.

Does Kentucky basketball still have North Carolina and Connecticut on their schedule?

UNC is a staple and will continue to be for years. I think that the UConn game was technically part of the SEC-Big East challenge and UK's team this year will be Syracuse. The other big name staples are Indiana and Louisville. With the teams in the Maui Classic this will be an excellent schedule to test the team and get them some experience. Oh yeah and who could forget the big one with Pikeville College! I am actually really excited to see that one just because I have so many connections to my hometown school.
Not a bad pickup. I would rather see them add a Texas or Kansas, but Notre Dame has always been a top 35 program.

Let's not forget that UK will be playing UNC, UofL, Indiana, the Maui Invitational with teams such as Washington, Michigan State, etc., and also playing in the Big East/SEC Challenge with rumors of that game being against Syracuse. If that is what UK's schedule looks like this year, that is one difficult looking schedule.
Notre Dame is no easy team... Especially with Harongody.
Notre Dame will be a good matchup.
Ballers Wrote:Notre Dame is no easy team... Especially with Harongody.
Gody is gone.
We used to have a series with Notre Dame during the Tubby days and they always give us a run for our money.

Should be a great addition to the schedule.
Playing Notre Dame is a good idea. You don't want to overload the schedule with too many elite (top 10) level teams, but also want to have some games that will look good on your resume at the end of the year. ND fits that bill.

Incidentally, I have seen a couple people on here mention Syracuse as a possibility for the SEC/Big East challenge, which is also a rumor that I saw on KSR a while back. But by my figuring, I don't know if that is possible. When the two conferences signed a 4-year deal back in 2007, my understanding was that over the course of the 16 games (4 games/yr), each Big East team would participate once, and each SEC team would participate at least once. Now, UK can certainly play in it again this year, as Arkansas is the only SEC team yet to participate. But Syracuse was just in it this past year, which would seem to eliminate them as a candidate for the 2010 challenge. FYI, the Big East teams yet to participate are ND, Pitt, Rutgers, and Seton Hall. If these are the only choices, then obviously the marquee matchup would be UK-Pitt.