Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The SEC to expand?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard an interesting comment this morning on Rivals Radio that the SEC is looking at taking Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. They would all come into the SEC-West - Alabama and Auburn would be bumped to the SEC-East!

Thoughts?
chance of this happening 1-2%.
^ I agree, I just do not see this happening.
what a league then, wow
Hope it does not happen, 12 is enough.
This was a mock thing on college football live
If this happen the whole sec and big 12 will be so messed up
If the SEC expanded.....Teams would only play half the teams in its league in a football season. Which would be really really messed up.

Lets say the SEC expanded to 16 teams....with Georgia Tech, Clemson, Florida State, and ECU

and just for laughs, lets say the SEC is devided still into two divisons

West- Alabama, Aubrun, LSU, Miss State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, ECU.
East - Florida, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Tenn., Georgia Tech, S. Car, Kentucky.

That is 11 teams that are BCS bowl conterders, and 14 teams that made a bowl game last season.
According to ESPN Radio, Mike Slive (SEC commish) has been in preliminary discussions with 4 schools. FSU, Miami, GT, and WVU. Another source has Louisville instead of GTech. This old Mountaineer fan would take an invite to the SEC in a heartbeat!!!!!
If this happens, does anyone know how soon it would take place?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:If this happens, does anyone know how soon it would take place?

My best guess for voting to possibly range from a few months to a year and a half. I guessed this because I heard from talks about expansion of the Big Ten that voting could take place as soon as this summer to a year and a half from now.

Saying that, I suppose a team could enter the SEC this season, but most likely I would imagine the SEC would wait a season or two to have teams enter. I personally think this would help the affected teams transition better to everything.
To paraphrase Hulk Hogan "Whatcha gonna SEC when MountaineerMania runs wild on you????????"
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:To paraphrase Hulk Hogan "Whatcha gonna SEC when MountaineerMania runs wild on you????????"

Pft. I'll act like I didn't hear that.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:To paraphrase Hulk Hogan "Whatcha gonna SEC when MountaineerMania runs wild on you????????"

Not a Mountaineer fan but I'm cool with bringing wrestling into any thread...WOOOO!
is there a benefit of expansion past 12 schools from a football stand point?

Really? It will be a big time adjustment for any school coming into the SEC and I don't see anybody coming in and running wild on the conference.
johnnyt Wrote:is there a benefit of expansion past 12 schools from a football stand point?

Only if the schools that you add bring in the same amount of money from their programs that all of the other schools already in the conference do from theirs. That is why Texas and Texas A&M are the best possibilities.
when you look though at regular season play 12 teams makes sense 14-16 teams in football starts to really hamper your non-conference scheduling.
Is the SEC trying to get a jump on the Big Ten by talking to Texas since the Big Ten said they haven't contacted anyone about expansion?
cant see this happening, why would you want to make a change in the most powerful Conference in the country?
I pray that this will never happen. I dont see the big 12 letting anyone go. Personally, I like it the way things are now.
Real Badman Wrote:I pray that this will never happen. I dont see the big 12 letting anyone go. Personally, I like it the way things are now.
I agree with you 110%..I hate the thought of a 16 team "super conference"..