Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cal's Cats Have # 2 Recurting Class Nationwide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With all the noise (yes, I'm chalking it up as noise at this point) over Terrence Jones and now the news that Marcus Thornton has removed UK from his list of schools (What?, more on that in the next post). It's easy to forget the fact that UK currently has the #2 ranked recruiting class going into next season.

Here's what Rivals.com released with their new rankings after the signings over the spring...

Kentucky makes the largest splash, jumping into the rankings at No. 2 thanks to the spring signings of Enes Kanter (No. 3), Brandon Knight (No. 6) and Doron Lamb (No. 21). If Kentucky were to land Terrence Jones, who has yet to decide between UK and Washington, the Wildcats would take over the No. 1 spot for the second year in a row. The signing period ends May 19.

With Kentucky's entry into the rankings, the SEC is now tied with the ACC with five schools in the rankings. The ACC, however, has three of its schools ranked in the top 10; Kentucky and Tennessee are the SEC programs in the top 10.

Did you see that? Yep, It was a Terrence Jones mention. I'm trying to stay away from it, but we would move from #2 to #1 if we can land Jones. Now I'm left asking myself, why are we not satisfied wit the #2 recruiting class? I guess it's the same type of passion that's given us seven NCAA Championships and is the backbone of the greatest fan-base in the country.

http://www.nationofblue.com/cal-s-cats-h...wide-1079/
Get Jones and have that top class for three years in a row.
Even with the number 2 recruiting class it is not near as good as last years...we lost so much including Patterson that we needed Jones and Thorton and several others like Leslie to be a single digit losing team...but look for the wildcats to have double digit loses and be a 5-8 seeds come NCAA tourney.
I think we'll be a 3 seed and have 5-7 losses.
So for next year UK's starting lineup will be:

PG: Knight
SG: Lamb
SF: Miller
PF: Harrelson
C: Kanter

This is more like a Calipari DDMO team, expect lots of ball movement and run and gun with Harrelson's ability to shoot the 3.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Even with the number 2 recruiting class it is not near as good as last years...we lost so much including Patterson that we needed Jones and Thorton and several others like Leslie to be a single digit losing team...but look for the wildcats to have double digit loses and be a 5-8 seeds come NCAA tourney.

theres no possible way they will be a 5-8 seed. i mean seriously, we may not have a talented athletic team but this year we will have a better "team" not a bunch of individuals. the reason why we lost out so early last year is because everyone thought about me instead of we. this year cal will probably implement the team aspect to the new players. watch and see, the cats will surprise a lot of people. im sure by may 19 we will have someone to fill in that 4 spot. watch and see, next year will be another good year.
Next season we will see maybe a few more losses but many and will be between a 1-3 seed
im feeling a 2-4 seed for UKnext season...There not going to be great but they will be in the hunt again...about 5-7 losses for them next season i think
I look for more in the 7-10 loss range
Elite Eight is not being knocked out early, although it is earlier than what all the Kentucky fans wanted.
Axel Foley Wrote:Elite Eight is not being knocked out early, although it is earlier than what all the Kentucky fans wanted.

i was comparing to expectations.
Is there anyone else we could land other than Jones that would give us the number 1 rankings? Surely there are others.
Got to believe Cal has something in mind. Going to be a small team if something does not happen.
Odd observation in this thread, a Cardinal fan referring to UK as we and a UK referring to UK as they.
I am feeling that the Cats will surprise and get a 2 seed losing around 4-6 games. I really dont know if there will be a totally dominant team next year, a whole lot like last year.
I'm gonna say UK challenges for the title again.. But this time we have a little more experience with having Kanter.. Maybe 4 losses, no more then that. #2 - 3 seed overall for the Cats.. I hope so anyways.
Ballers Wrote:I'm gonna say UK challenges for the title again.. But this time we have a little more experience with having Kanter.. Maybe 4 losses, no more then that. #2 - 3 seed overall for the Cats.. I hope so anyways.

Hope you are right my friend!!TongueirateSho UK all the way!!
The Blue Blur Wrote:Odd observation in this thread, a Cardinal fan referring to UK as we and a UK referring to UK as they.

:p