Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts on WVU's Spring Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was in Morgantown last night for WVU's spring game. The Blue team beat the Gold team 38-0. Coley White (Pat White's brother) played the entire game with both the first team offense and the second team offense. Tavon Austin, Noel Devine, and Shawne Alston all looked good. Nice crowd of 21K was there. Still a lot of questions that need answered on offense. Defense looks very solid. If you asked for a prediction on how well WVU will do this fall, I would say no worse than 7-5. If Geno Smith, Devine, and Austin all are healthy, they could very well win the Big East. But, they are putting a lot on the shoulders of a sophmore QB that played two halves of football last year.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I was in Morgantown last night for WVU's spring game. The Blue team beat the Gold team 38-0. Coley White (Pat White's brother) played the entire game with both the first team offense and the second team offense. Tavon Austin, Noel Devine, and Shawne Alston all looked good. Nice crowd of 21K was there. Still a lot of questions that need answered on offense. Defense looks very solid. If you asked for a prediction on how well WVU will do this fall, I would say no worse than 7-5. If Geno Smith, Devine, and Austin all are healthy, they could very well win the Big East. But, they are putting a lot on the shoulders of a sophmore QB that played two halves of football last year.

How bad do you think Marshall will beat WVU?
Westy, if Doc does not beat Gomer this year, then he never will.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Westy, if Doc does not beat Gomer this year, then he never will.

Yeah and I think the WVU will win again this year unfortunately. But I do think Marshall has a better head coach than WVU now.

Running back Devin is back for WVU. They must replace their quarterback. Its my understanding that WVU held the quarterback to be Geno Smith out last night. I think your prediction is about right.

My question to you dangerousdaneerfan is Bill Stewart feeling any heat in Morgantown?
Westside Wrote:Yeah and I think the WVU will win again this year unfortunately. But I do think Marshall has a better head coach than WVU now.

Running back Devin is back for WVU. They must replace their quarterback. Its my understanding that WVU held the quarterback to be Geno Smith out last night. I think your prediction is about right.

My question to you dangerousdaneerfan is Bill Stewart feeling any heat in Morgantown?

Easy to feel heat when you are in your third year of revamping a team that did not fit your style. Stew should be given this year and even next to get this ship floating towards the top again.
Westside Wrote:Yeah and I think the WVU will win again this year unfortunately. But I do think Marshall has a better head coach than WVU now.

There is no reason with the talent on this team that they could not win the Conference title. If the same problems that have plagued us for the past two seasons (kickoff coverage, offensive line issues, coaching decisions) rear their ugly heads again, Stewart will be really feel the heat. Call me spoiled, but I enjoyed winning 33 games and two BCS bowls in three years. Winning 18 games, beating UNC team in the Car Bowl, and losing to FSU in the Gator Bowl in the past two seasons did not make me very happy.