Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dead period???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is suppose to be a dead period in recruiting isnt it??? a dead period is when a coach cannot:
Make in-person recruiting contacts
Conduct in-person evaluations -- on or off-campus
Schedule official campus visits
Allow unofficial campus visits
Offer complimentary tickets to games
The only permissible communications during a dead period are phone calls (limited by NCAA regulations to one call per week) and correspondence.
Who knows? All your posts you seem to know everything else
Jones called Cal!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jones called Cal!

This is true! Confusederved:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jones called Cal!

LINK??? I mean i can get a link showing cal called him!
Another interesting thing, is that UW's former coach is now Pres. of the NCAA!
what about link where jones called cal?
Because I misread Percy Allen's article, the John Calipari aspects in this post don't apply. It was in fact Terrence Jones who called Calipari, not the other way around. Please disregard and accept my apologies. I would've noticed this it sooner but was unavailable most of Saturday. There's an update from Allen here.
So you have know link to say that Jones called cal
theVILLE Wrote:So you have know link to say that Jones called cal

Did you even click on the link or are you just illiterate? It says in the first three to four sentences that Jones was the one who called Cal. I usually don't have a problem with your posts but you're not making any sense in this thread.
It's a quiet period, not a dead period. A dead period is where you cannot have any type of contact with a recruit. A quiet period is where you can't visit a kid, but can talk to them on the phone.

Good luck finding anything that Cal did wrong. 1. Jones called Cal. 2. If Cal called Jones, it doesn't matter. There is no rule against a coach calling a recruit that has yet to sign a LOI. In this case, Cal still has done nothing wrong.
BCF4L Wrote:It's a quiet period, not a dead period. A dead period is where you cannot have any type of contact with a recruit. A quiet period is where you can't visit a kid, but can talk to them on the phone.

Good luck finding anything that Cal did wrong. 1. Jones called Cal. 2. If Cal called Jones, it doesn't matter. There is no rule against a coach calling a recruit that has yet to sign a LOI. In this case, Cal still has done nothing wrong.

You have to say it is fishy though!
It seems to me there is more investigation going on about Coach Cal in Louisville than there is in the NCAA.
theVILLE Wrote:You have to say it is fishy though!

How is it fishy? Jones made a last-second decision to go to Washington, then had second thoughts and called Calipari. What was he supposed to do, tell Jones to go **** himself and hang up on him? No, he did what any other coach (yes, ANY other coach) would've done in that same situation - he talked to him.

I honestly think that you even find it "fishy" when Cal goes to pick up his dry cleaning.
cougarpride08 Wrote:It seems to me there is more investigation going on about Coach Cal in Louisville than there is in the NCAA.

:Thumbs:
theVILLE Wrote:You have to say it is fishy though!
Nothing fishy at all. Terrence Ross just had a radio interview in Seattle and he was quoted as saying that he was surprised that Jones picked Washington because he thought he was going to Kentucky. Everyone, including Jones, thought he was going to Kentucky until he sat down and picked Washington. Jones called Cal and Cal wanted to know what was up. For all we know, Cal said congrats and good luck to the kid and Jones was the one who started backpedaling. No one knows and will probably never know.
Nothing fishy at all i guess...cal has a shady past, how you trust him ill never know...Dont go to how do you trust pitino think...I dont trust him, not one bit...Is he a godd coach yelp, but that doesnt mean i trust him
I'm not saying Cal is as clean as a whistle. I know he's not. I'm sure he recruits in the gray area and I'm sure he's probably had infractions that have gone undetected. But do I think he is worse than a Roy Williams, Rick Pitino, Coach K, Rick Barnes, etc.? No, I do not. Coaches will do whatever to get a kid to commit.
BCF4L Wrote:I'm not saying Cal is as clean as a whistle. I know he's not. I'm sure he recruits in the gray area and I'm sure he's probably had infractions that have gone undetected. But do I think he is worse than a Roy Williams, Rick Pitino, Coach K, Rick Barnes, etc.? No, I do not. Coaches will do whatever to get a kid to commit.

Wor knew that his players was getting gifts from boosters. Yet he had nothing said to him.
Coach Roy^