Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: CJ Leslie to NC State
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NC State. Per Rivals.com.
A mistake in my book and a big loss for the Wildcats.
With two kids turning down UK makes you wonder who is going to commit to the cats.
BBN, say hello to Marcus Thornton. I think that's his name, the GA Mr. basketball.
Not too optimistic about Jones but I think that Eloy Vargas may begin coming in the discussions for that spot. I hope that Cal can land somebody because that is the biggest question mark right now for next years team.
Looks to me like UK is screwed next season with Kanter being the only big man on the roster, well the only one that is any good anyway. I guess the so called experts from ESPN Rise or whoever it was that said he was a lock for UK was wrong. I really can't see Jones committing to UK. Things aren't looking good for UK, because the class we have so far will not come anywhere close to this past season. You would think that Cal would have tried harder to get Orton and/or Cousins to stay. From some of the things I read of Cousins, he wanted to stay but Cal pretty much pushed him out the door to the nba. Looks like Cal isn't as good a recruiter as some would like to think. Don't get me wrong, I love Brandon Knight's game as well as Kanter's but with the players we have coming back, those two alone along with Lamb, can't carry this team alone. I could be wrong and I hope I am, it's just hard to see. At least UK has some shooters and people that know how to score. Next thing is making sure everyone on the team can hit the free throws, thats where cal comes in. Like I said, it will be rough this coming season, but maybe this team can do what last years couldn't do and should have done. We will have to wait and see.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Looks to me like UK is screwed next season with Kanter being the only big man on the roster, well the only one that is any good anyway. I guess the so called experts from ESPN Rise or whoever it was that said he was a lock for UK was wrong. I really can't see Jones committing to UK. Things aren't looking good for UK, because the class we have so far will not come anywhere close to this past season. You would think that Cal would have tried harder to get Orton and/or Cousins to stay. From some of the things I read of Cousins, he wanted to stay but Cal pretty much pushed him out the door to the nba. Looks like Cal isn't as good a recruiter as some would like to think. Don't get me wrong, I love Brandon Knight's game as well as Kanter's but with the players we have coming back, those two alone along with Lamb, can't carry this team alone. I could be wrong and I hope I am, it's just hard to see. At least UK has some shooters and people that know how to score. Next thing is making sure everyone on the team can hit the free throws, thats where cal comes in. Like I said, it will be rough this coming season, but maybe this team can do what last years couldn't do and should have done. We will have to wait and see.

Great post man. I have to disagree with the comment in bold. One missed recruit does not define a man's career as a high profile recruiter. I know that Cal has an ace in the hole. A player that he knows would put up the numbers that we need for next year. All is no where near lost and I have faith in my coach to even get a lower tier player and let him make some noise. We will be fine and as you said at the end of your post, we shall see. Once again great post.
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:Looks to me like UK is screwed next season with Kanter being the only big man on the roster, well the only one that is any good anyway. I guess the so called experts from ESPN Rise or whoever it was that said he was a lock for UK was wrong. I really can't see Jones committing to UK. Things aren't looking good for UK, because the class we have so far will not come anywhere close to this past season. You would think that Cal would have tried harder to get Orton and/or Cousins to stay. From some of the things I read of Cousins, he wanted to stay but Cal pretty much pushed him out the door to the nba. Looks like Cal isn't as good a recruiter as some would like to think. Don't get me wrong, I love Brandon Knight's game as well as Kanter's but with the players we have coming back, those two alone along with Lamb, can't carry this team alone. I could be wrong and I hope I am, it's just hard to see. At least UK has some shooters and people that know how to score. Next thing is making sure everyone on the team can hit the free throws, thats where cal comes in. Like I said, it will be rough this coming season, but maybe this team can do what last years couldn't do and should have done. We will have to wait and see.

We may NEVER get an other class like the one we had
Some of you people are so naive that it's not even funny. Do you expect recruiting classes like UK had in 2009 every single year? We have an excellent class coming in for 2010. Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Stacey Poole, Doron Lamb, and possibly Terrence Jones, Marcus Thornton, and Eloy Vargas. What more do you people want? We're not going to see classes that can be debated as "one of the best of all time" every year. If you think we are or that we should, you're fooling yourself.

Is Coach Cal supposed to be some sort of miracle worker? Enes Kanter is really the only solid big man in the 2010 class other than Jared Sullinger and Josh Smith (whom I'm skeptical of to begin with). I'd rather have Kanter than any big man in the class. For the second straight year, we have another top point guard in Brandon Knight, two solid guards in Poole and Lamb, and Coach Cal's not done yet. I am ashamed of some of the way you Kentucky fans perceive yourselves. Coach Cal is the best recruiter in the game right now, no questions asked. I can't believe anyone, especially Kentucky "fans" are even questioning that. We already have the top two players for 2011 and are in great position top land a couple others in the top ten. If we do that, then we will have an even better class than we did in 2009. Everyone quit whining.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Some of you people are so naive that it's not even funny. Do you expect recruiting classes like UK had in 2009 every single year? We have an excellent class coming in for 2010. Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Stacey Poole, Doron Lamb, and possibly Terrence Jones, Marcus Thornton, and Eloy Vargas. What more do you people want? We're not going to see classes that can be debated as "one of the best of all time" every year. If you think we are or that we should, you're fooling yourself.

Is Coach Cal supposed to be some sort of miracle worker? Enes Kanter is really the only solid big man in the 2010 class other than Jared Sullinger and Josh Smith (whom I'm skeptical of to begin with). I'd rather have Kanter than any big man in the class. For the second straight year, we have another top point guard in Brandon Knight, two solid guards in Poole and Lamb, and Coach Cal's not done yet. I am ashamed of some of the way you Kentucky fans perceive yourselves. Coach Cal is the best recruiter in the game right now, no questions asked. I can't believe anyone, especially Kentucky "fans" are even questioning that. We already have the top two players for 2011 and are in great position top land a couple others in the top ten. If we do that, then we will have an even better class than we did in 2009. Everyone quit whining.

Thank you!!!:worthy: We will be fine either way.
Wow....i really didnt see this coming. We are very weak at the four...at this point i dont even know who cal is gonna play at PF.

Way to go CJ....sorry dude, but it will suck as you will be the 3rd or 4th best team in your own state.
Nice debate we have going on. I'll never understand how Cal didn't win with the team he had last year but no use talking about it anymore. It's no secret, this year's class won't be near as good as last years, but like Outdoorsman said, you can't expect classes like that every year. I could see UK being the UNC of last year and be a NIT or a bubble team. Tons of talent, little experience.
Aslan Wrote:Nice debate we have going on. I'll never understand how Cal didn't win with the team he had last year but no use talking about it anymore. It's no secret, this year's class won't be near as good as last years, but like Outdoorsman said, you can't expect classes like that every year. I could see UK being the UNC of last year and be a NIT or a bubble team. Tons of talent, little experience.

if they go to bubble team or nit , they will get rid of CAL..
Aslan Wrote:Nice debate we have going on. I'll never understand how Cal didn't win with the team he had last year but no use talking about it anymore. It's no secret, this year's class won't be near as good as last years, but like Outdoorsman said, you can't expect classes like that every year. I could see UK being the UNC of last year and be a NIT or a bubble team. Tons of talent, little experience.

I agree with everything except what's in bold. If Kentucky goes to the NIT or is even a "bubble" team in the upcoming season, I will jog down New Circle Road naked.

UK won't be 35-3 like they were this past season. I have no argument with that. But the "NIT" talk is a pretty far-fetched.

I confidently expect UK to win about 27+ games in 2010-2011.

Tweet from Aaron'sUKBballBlog:

"Jason King from Yahoo Sports says UK should be in the mix for an SEC title and the possibility is there for a deep NCAA tournament run."
UNC was preseason top 5, with two returning seniors and a top 5 recruiting class. So I don't think it's as far fetched as you believe. Talent wise, UNC was more talented than almost everybody they played, but they just didn't play well together + injuries. If this new team don't mesh well together and has a few bad breaks, UK could very well be in the NIT.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I agree with everything except what's in bold. If Kentucky goes to the NIT or is even a "bubble" team in the upcoming season, I will jog down New Circle Road naked.

UK won't be 35-3 like they were this past season. I have no argument with that. But the "NIT" talk is a pretty far-fetched.

I confidently expect UK to win about 27+ games in 2010-2011.

Tweet from Aaron'sUKBballBlog:

"Jason King from Yahoo Sports says UK should be in the mix for an SEC title and the possibility is there for a deep NCAA tournament run."

That is how I feel about it. Im pretty confident in next years team to get 27 wins or even push 30.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Some of you people are so naive that it's not even funny. Do you expect recruiting classes like UK had in 2009 every single year? We have an excellent class coming in for 2010. Brandon Knight, Enes Kanter, Stacey Poole, Doron Lamb, and possibly Terrence Jones, Marcus Thornton, and Eloy Vargas. What more do you people want? We're not going to see classes that can be debated as "one of the best of all time" every year. If you think we are or that we should, you're fooling yourself.

:worthy:

Aslan Wrote:UNC was preseason top 5, with two returning seniors and a top 5 recruiting class. So I don't think it's as far fetched as you believe. Talent wise, UNC was more talented than almost everybody they played, but they just didn't play well together + injuries. If this new team don't mesh well together and has a few bad breaks, UK could very well be in the NIT.

Not going to the NIT!
Aslan Wrote:UNC was preseason top 5, with two returning seniors and a top 5 recruiting class. So I don't think it's as far fetched as you believe. Talent wise, UNC was more talented than almost everybody they played, but they just didn't play well together + injuries. If this new team don't mesh well together and has a few bad breaks, UK could very well be in the NIT.
Wont happen.
I bet UNC fans said that before the season started too.
I don't think they will be in the NIT, but it's very much a possibility. It does help that UK plays in the SEC thats been down the last few years.
Chill guys, UK is getting Jones and Thornton. No need to panic.
^ What makes you so sure?
Just a hunch. Also been hearing that the Leslie decision is what has given the UK staff a great feeling about Jones. Jones and Leslie did not want to play together and with Leslie going to NC State, it opens the door for Jones to step in and not have to compete for PT.

I'm not going to say 100% that Jones is coming to UK, but I feel better about it now than I did a few days ago. Let's just hope my gut feeling is right and not just a bad case of gas lol.
BCF4L Wrote:Just a hunch. Also been hearing that the Leslie decision is what has given the UK staff a great feeling about Jones. Jones and Leslie did not want to play together and with Leslie going to NC State, it opens the door for Jones to step in and not have to compete for PT.

I'm not going to say 100% that Jones is coming to UK, but I feel better about it now than I did a few days ago. Let's just hope my gut feeling is right and not just a bad case of gas lol.

I hope you are right buddy!! I am really excited to see what happens on Friday.

Maybe this year he will make them shoot more free throws in practice, and know when to stop shooting the threes.
I hope UK can get Jones and Thornton but I just don't see it. I'm not as confident as you all are on getting them, but I hope my feeling is wrong and yours is right. Friday will be rough playing wait and see. UK really needs another big player to go with Knight, Lamb, Kanter and Poole and it needs to be in the frontcourt, thats where UK's weakness is now without Patterson, Cousins and Orton. Oh and is it just me or does anyone else think that Bledsoe might come back, considering he has signed with an agent?
Bledsoe won't be back, trust me. He is gone as is Orton and the rest of the gang.
LOL, and heres the thing, if UK goes, say, 27-8, which is a great season, 90% of the people in this state will talk about what a waste of time it was to hire Cal. Theyll talk tirelessly at how "Cal cant coach" or how "Cal cant recruit, all he gets is these one and doners" and whine and whine and whine at how UK "only" won 27 games when any other coach would have went undefeated and swept the Cleveland Cavaliers in four games. Winning 35 games with a team full of freshman was the worst thing Cal could have done, lol..and I have a feeling he's about to find that out the hard way..
TidesHoss32 Wrote:LOL, and heres the thing, if UK goes, say, 27-8, which is a great season, 90% of the people in this state will talk about what a waste of time it was to hire Cal. Theyll talk tirelessly at how "Cal cant coach" or how "Cal cant recruit, all he gets is these one and doners" and whine and whine and whine at how UK "only" won 27 games when any other coach would have went undefeated and swept the Cleveland Cavaliers in four games. Winning 35 games with a team full of freshman was the worst thing Cal could have done, lol..and I have a feeling he's about to find that out the hard way..

Maybe the cry baby bandwagon fans.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Maybe the cry baby bandwagon fans.
Definitely..Im not talking about all UK fans. Not at all. You know which ones Im talking about, lol..the ones that expect 37-0 national championship seasons every year..
Pages: 1 2