Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your Kentucky Dream Team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is your Kentucky dream team? If you're not a UK ball fan, then post your favorite teams dream team.

Starters:
C/F- Dan Issel
F- Patrick Patterson
SF- Tayshaun Prince
SG- Tony Delk
PG- John Wall

Bench:
F- Kenny Walker
F- Jamal Mashburn
F- DeMarcus Cousins
F- Scott Padgett
F- Chuck Hayes
G- Keith Bogans
G- Dirk Minnifield
G- Rajon Rondo
Starters:
C/F- Dan Issel
F- Chuck Hayes
SF- Tayshaun Prince
SG- Tony Delk
PG- Rajon Rondo

Bench:
F- Kenny Walker
F- Jamal Mashburn
F- DeMarcus Cousins
F-Jack Givens
F- Patrick Patterson
G- Kelenna Azubuike(Spelling)
G- Keith Bogans
G- John Wall
G- Jodie Meeks
Starters

F-DeMarcus Cousins
F-Dan Issell
F-Tayshaun Prince
G-John Wall
G-Rajon Rondo

Bench--

Keith Bogans
Tony Delk
Wayne Turner
Jeff Shepard
Pat Riley
Eric Bledsoe
Chuck Hayes
IMO before too long, wher'e going to have to have an all time team pre coach Cal and post coach Cal. Just in this year alone we might have 5 first round picks. IMO with already three 5* players coming in this season, and Mike Gilchrist was maybe the best player in the country as a junior.

Coach Cal "era"

F-DeMarcus Cousins
F-Patrick Patterson
F-Mike Gilchrist
G-Brandon Knight
G-John Wall

Bench

Marques Teague
Eric Bledsoe
Daniel Orton
Doron Lamb
CJ Leslie-.....lol, i hope
Starters -

C/F Dan Issell
F Chuck Hayes
F Jamal Mashburn
G Tony Delk
G John Wall

Bench-

F- Kenny Walker
G- Keith Bogans
F-DeMarcus Cousins
F-Tayshaun Prince
F-Patrick Patterson
F- Scott Padgett
G- Dirk Minnifield
G- Rajon Rondo
G-Jodie Meeks
F-Antoine Walker(spelling?)
Has everyone forgot about Cameron Mills and Jeff Shepard?
2000 wins 7 NC teams and we can only name 3 players in the first 60 years of UK basketball?

40 names have been kicked around and 37 are from 1985 till today wait till next year. for a team of tradition the fans have short memories.
What about Basil Hayden, Cliff Hagan, Ralph Beard, Jack Givens?????
My roster:

Centers: Dan Issel, DeMarcus Cousins

Forwards: Jamal Mashburn, Larry Conley, Tayshaun Prince, Pat Riley, Kenny Walker, Patrick Patterson

Guards: John Wall, Tony Delk, Jack Givens, Rex Chapman, Rajon Rondo, Travis Ford

My starting 5:
John Wall
Tony Delk
Jamal Mashburn
Larry Conley
Dan Issel
My roster:

Centers: Dan Issel, DeMarcus Cousins

Forwards: Jamal Mashburn, Larry Conley, Tayshaun Prince, Pat Riley, Kenny Walker, Patrick Patterson

Guards: John Wall, Tony Delk, Jack Givens, Rex Chapman, Rajon Rondo, Travis Ford

My starting 5:
John Wall
Tony Delk
Jamal Mashburn
Larry Conley
Dan Issel
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:What about Basil Hayden, Cliff Hagan, Ralph Beard, Jack Givens?????

Didnt most of these guys get banned for cheating?
Dan issel
Kenny Sky Walker
Jamal Mashburn
Rajon Rondo
Tony Delk

Bench
Cousins
Scott Padgett!!!
Tayshaun Prince
Jeff sheppard
Rex Champman
Everyone forget about Cliff Hawkins
theVILLE Wrote:Everyone forget about Cliff Hawkins

Flashy to watch, Not great.
I thought he was fun to watch...He was a good left handed kid that was a decent shooter...iwas surprised no one mentioned him...What about gerald fitch?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Didnt most of these guys get banned for cheating?

Really??? I know that Jack had some off the of the court issue later on but not in college. But Basil Hayden? I will have to do some research into this.

Points shaving scandal?
theVILLE Wrote:I thought he was fun to watch...He was a good left handed kid that was a decent shooter...iwas surprised no one mentioned him...What about gerald fitch?

Decent players, nothing more.
Cliff Hawkins was more of a defender than anything else. He was an animal who hounded whoever had the ball in front of him.
PG -Wall
SG -Delk
Point Forward - Rondo
Small Forward - Mercer
Power Forward- Mashburn
Sixth Man - D. Anderson

Run Calipari's Dribble Drive Offense and Pitino's Full Court Press
johnnyt Wrote:2000 wins 7 NC teams and we can only name 3 players in the first 60 years of UK basketball?

40 names have been kicked around and 37 are from 1985 till today wait till next year. for a team of tradition the fans have short memories.

I love UK history, but come on...if Wall or Cousins played 50 years ago they maybe couldnt averaged 35 ppg. I kinna believe that people are just a little more athletic in 2010 than what they were in 1960.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Really??? I know that Jack had some off the of the court issue later on but not in college. But Basil Hayden? I will have to do some research into this.

Points shaving scandal?

Yep Yep
I think that it is really interesting to look back at all of the UK all Americans even stemming to the years way before the first championship.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I love UK history, but come on...if Wall or Cousins played 50 years ago they maybe couldnt averaged 35 ppg. I kinna believe that people are just a little more athletic in 2010 than what they were in 1960.

i agree that they are more athletic today, but being athletic doesnt mean they are great. just ask yourself this, in 20 years will you still see wall in the same way. dan will always be the best UK player will john wall be the best point guard/freshmen at UK? i am sure given time someone will probably pass him up. there are great players in all sports of the past that if they were around today probably would be chewed up and spit out. look at football back in the 50's and 60's pro linemen were in the 220-260 lb range. how do you think they would hold up today, but that doesnt mean that they are not great
Starters
Dan Issel
Kenny "Sky" Walker
Jamal Mashburn
"KING" Rex Chapman
Kyle Macy, best point gaurd to play @ UK

Bench
Sam Bowie
Tony Delk
Tashun Prince
Chuck Hayes
Dirk Minnifield
Jack Givens

This is my All-Star team. A good mix of scorers, defenders and playmakers.
starters
C-Bowie
PF-Cousins
SF-Mashburn
SG-Delk
PG-Wall

Bench
C-Issel
F-Patterson
F-Walker
F-Hayes
F-Prince
G-Rondo
G-Bledsoe
G-Macy
G- Kyle Macy
G- Louie Dampier
F- Jamal Mashburn
F- Kenny Walker
C- Dan Issel

Bench
Kevin Grevey
Tony Delk
Jack Givens
Cotton Nash
Sam Bowie
Melvin Turpin
Dirk Minnefield
Cliff Hagan
Bill Spivey
Ron Mercer
Pat Riley
Ralph Beard
Jeff Shepherd
Jeff Brassow
The Iceboxx Wrote:I love UK history, but come on...if Wall or Cousins played 50 years ago they maybe couldnt averaged 35 ppg. I kinna believe that people are just a little more athletic in 2010 than what they were in 1960.
Lets go back past 15 years..the '77-'78, '79-'80, '83-84, '85-'86 teams would beat this years team. The '92-'93 would beat this team by 15+ and the '95-'96 team would beat this team by 25-30. If those players 40-50 years ago had the technology, equipment, camps, and rules of todays players, theres maybe a handful of players today that would have been able to play back then. Maybe.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Lets go back past 15 years..the '77-'78, '79-'80, '83-84, '85-'86 teams would beat this years team. The '92-'93 would beat this team by 15+ and the '95-'96 team would beat this team by 25-30. If those players 40-50 years ago had the technology, equipment, camps, and rules of todays players, theres maybe a handful of players today that would have been able to play back then. Maybe.

I think you hit the nail squarely on the head TH32. Today basketball is a year long process for these players. The shoes of today's players are light years ahead of the old Converse All-Stars that weighed a ton. Today's shoes and uniform materials are ultra light and more comfortable than the old days. I don't want to disrespect other posters opinions about talent but great players can play in any era.
Ralph Beard, Alex Groza, Wallace (Wah Wah Jones), and Bill Spivey could play today and not miss a beat. They were great athletes as well as great players. I'll get out of the 40's & 50's and just give a few examples of players from the 60's on up. Dan Issel, Louie Dampier (maybe the best guard of all time) Kevin Grevey, Cotton Nash, Kyle Macy, Rick Robey, Dirk Minniefield, Kenny Walker, Rex Chapman, Derek Anderson, Tayshawn Prince, Tony Delk there are so many great players from the past that could play today. I will say that this years team is probably one of my favorite teams of all time to watch. I think because some of these players are one and done it will be really hard to compare them to the great players that stayed 4 years and really became great players.
ky
Chapman
Pelphrey
Feldhouse
Farmer
Issel
Dampier
Padgett
Wah Wah Jones
And any other home grown Talent I may have left out. My favorite Ky teams are the ones that contain Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:ky

??? lol
Now Wah Wah Jones
Pages: 1 2