Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Austin Rivers (undecided)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I love watching this kid play as many of you know lol... Here is a link of some videos to watch him...
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYPTmwqTaXE"]YouTube- Austin Rivers Has GAME; Doc Rivers Son.[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upU9gZCzygM"]YouTube- Austin Rivers Mix-A Star is Born[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juscEdXkQ98"]YouTube- Austin Rivers Lights Up St. Benedicts For 45 Points at City Of Palms Classic[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eVM1A60lM"]YouTube- Doc Rivers Son Austin Rivers Doing Work[/nomedia]

College of Intersest are

Duke Medium interest and has offers
Florida medium and just decommited a few weeks ago and has offers
North Carolina Medium No offers
Kansas No offers
Kentucky No offers
Texas No offers

I cant wait to watch this kid at the next level...What is everyone elses thoughts on this kid?
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhTTnJcH3vM"]YouTube- Austin Rivers Basketball Highlights[/nomedia]
at about 1:10 mark check out the crossover
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbkRYPMbZfw&feature=watch_response"]YouTube- 6'3 Austin Rivers Absolutely Posterizes Kid, Then Catches oop; Sick Back to Back Plays Ignite Crowd[/nomedia]
here is one of him posterizing a kid
This kid can ball! He has the speed, the shot, the ability to drive to the goal, can handle the ball, and he doesnt back down from anybody. The bigger the game the bigger he plays
Why is UK not looking at this kid?
your guess is as good as mine
Rivers will be a Dukie.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Why is UK not looking at this kid?

Marquis Teague and potentially Worten Jr. I think that is the only reason. I think that he ends up at Duke.
Austin rivers is better than both of them
^..... I dont know about that.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:^..... I dont know about that.

If he was greatly considering UK I bet you'd think he was better than Wroten, and on the same level as Teague.
One of my friends who is a UK fan feels the same way about Rivers, he thinks he's not that good, but he also thinks Brandon Knight had better all-star games than Kyrie Irving did.
PC_You_Know Wrote:If he was greatly considering UK I bet you'd think he was better than Wroten, and on the same level as Teague.

Nope, I was one of the people that two weeks ago, said we would only go after him if Teague did not come. Either way, Im pretty sure that the most unbiased fan in the whole nation would say that Teague is a little above Rivers and Worten.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Nope, I was one of the people that two weeks ago, said we would only go after him if Teague did not come. Either way, Im pretty sure that the most unbiased fan in the whole nation would say that Teague is a little above Rivers and Worten.

Yeah, but you said you didn't know about Rivers being better than Wroten. I can't agree with that.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Marquis Teague and potentially Worten Jr. I think that is the only reason. I think that he ends up at Duke.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Yeah, but you said you didn't know about Rivers being better than Wroten. I can't agree with that.

Saying UK may get Teague and Worten does not suggest that Worten is better than Rivers. It just states that UK would be strong at the guard spot with Teague and Worten and would not need to recruit Rivers.
I got this feeling about rivers....dont care if he goes to UK, duke, unc or morehead...i think he will be better than john wall
The kid is going to be really really good. I think that Pitino needs to go after him now.
Im pretty sure he will go to Duke.. Think I herd back when Boston was playing a couple of months ago that Rivers really wanted to go to Duke!
theVILLE Wrote:I got this feeling about rivers....dont care if he goes to UK, duke, unc or morehead...i think he will be better than john wall

Hes a SG? Correct? What would make him better than John Wall?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Hes a SG? Correct? What would make him better than John Wall?

He is a combo guard he can play either...How are we comparing Lebron to kobe in the NBA thread...I mean Lebron plays SF not SG...lol
NYY10 Wrote:Im pretty sure he will go to Duke.. Think I herd back when Boston was playing a couple of months ago that Rivers really wanted to go to Duke!

Duke is my prediction as well
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:The kid is going to be really really good. I think that Pitino needs to go after him now.

I only wish he would
theVILLE Wrote:Austin rivers is better than both of them

Uh.... no.

Rivers better than Wroten? Possibly, although I think a fair assessment would put them on the same level.

But better than Teague? No way. Teague is unanimously regarded as the best PG in that class.
PC_You_Know Wrote:If he was greatly considering UK I bet you'd think he was better than Wroten, and on the same level as Teague.

Wrong. Teague is regarded as the best PG in that class by all the recruiting services, and his committment to UK has nothing to do with believing he is better than Austin Rivers.

Even if he changed his mind back to Louisville next week, I would still say he's the most talented PG in that class (although I would have to wonder about his sanity a bit). :biggrin:
More Cowbell Wrote:Wrong. Teague is regarded as the best PG in that class by all the recruiting services, and his committment to UK has nothing to do with believing he is better than Austin Rivers.

Even if he changed his mind back to Louisville next week, I would still say he's the most talented PG in that class (although I would have to wonder about his sanity a bit). :biggrin:

Agreed. I think that the guard combo of Teague and Worten would be a pretty dynamic duo and should be a hard match for most teams.
More Cowbell Wrote:Uh.... no.

Rivers better than Wroten? Possibly, although I think a fair assessment would put them on the same level.

But better than Teague? No way. Teague is unanimously regarded as the best PG in that class.

ok...there are several instances where the best player in the recruting class is not once he gets at the next level
theVILLE Wrote:ok...there are several instances where the best player in the recruting class is not once he gets at the next level

yeah, but how can one tell until they start their college play. Teague, like Knight, like Wall is rated as the best PG in the class. I guess you can always differ as what your personal opinion is like Selby being better than Knight or Rivers being better than Teague, but until they play I think most will stick to rivals rankings.
Kid has Duke written all over him IMO.
I dont see Rivers coming to UK...i also think he is a little OVERRATED...his brother plays for IU, and he was highly regarded just like Austin...but...he was also overrated. It is a lot easier to get you foot in the door when your dad is a NBA legend, and NBA title winning coach.

IMO

Uk's 2011 roster, which IMO will be Coach Cal's first national championship will look like this.

Darius Miller
Doron Lamb
Enes Kanter
CJ Leslie
Stacey Poole Jr.
DeAndre Liggins
Marquis Teague
Mike Gilchrist
Jon Hood
Quincy Miller
Tony Wroton Jr.
Marcuc Thorton

Thats 12 schollys....i dunno where austin rivers will fit.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I dont see Rivers coming to UK...i also think he is a little OVERRATED...his brother plays for IU, and he was highly regarded just like Austin...but...he was also overrated. It is a lot easier to get you foot in the door when your dad is a NBA legend, and NBA title winning coach.

IMO

Uk's 2011 roster, which IMO will be Coach Cal's first national championship will look like this.

Darius Miller
Doron Lamb
Enes Kanter
CJ Leslie
Stacey Poole Jr.
DeAndre Liggins
Marquis Teague
Mike Gilchrist
Jon Hood
Quincy Miller
Tony Wroton Jr.
Marcuc Thorton

Speculation that Kanter would have to stay 2 years was wrong. He'll be one and done.
The Iceboxx Wrote:I dont see Rivers coming to UK...i also think he is a little OVERRATED...his brother plays for IU, and he was highly regarded just like Austin...but...he was also overrated. It is a lot easier to get you foot in the door when your dad is a NBA legend, and NBA title winning coach.

IMO

Darius Miller
Doron Lamb
Enes Kanter
CJ Leslie
Stacey Poole Jr.
DeAndre Liggins
Marquis Teague
Mike Gilchrist
Jon Hood
Quincy Miller
Tony Wroton Jr.
Marcuc Thorton

Even though he isnt under Scholly....Add Jared Polson to this roster, and maybe another Danrell Dodson
Pages: 1 2