Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sources: Marquis Teague to be a Kentucky Wildcat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just came home from a church meeting (where Kentucky basketball was a big topic of discussion) to see that my cell phone was suffering from text message and missed call meltdown.

The general moral of the story was:

"Wireman, several folks saying Teague will be a Cat! You heard anything?"

I have made some calls and it appears that most everyone feels Teague will announce his intentions to be a Kentucky Wildcat tomorrow.

In catching up, it looks likeMarc Maggard of TrueBlueKentucky.com posted this on Twitter earlier tonight:

marcmaggard UK fans new to mobilize and head to Pike high school tomorrow for the teague announcement! No joke. Ill he leaving Lexington at 930am

About an hour later, he posted:

marcmaggard UK fans... get to Pike high school tomorrow at 1pm. Teague will announce for UK. Make a splash and show every future recruit how UK rolls!

marcmaggard Teague WILL announce for UK. Now show up to cheer!

When asked about this posts on Twitter, Maggard said, "Teague will announce for UK. Done deal."

My best source with close connections to the Cincinnati program confirmed that Teague is heading to Kentucky.

I just got off the phone with a good source at UK who will not say that Teague is heading to Kentucky, but did state, "I think tomorrow will be a very good day for Kentucky basketball."

In the recruiting world, it's always hard to say 100% or done deal, but that is essentially what everyone I've talked to tonight is saying.

I always feel better when I hear a recruit make the actually announcement and pose in the blue and white baseball cap, but there is no question tonight that [FONT=&quot]all signs indicate that Marquis Teague will be the next in a long line of superstar Calipari point guards.[/FONT]

http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/04/source...ll-be.html
Marc Maggard has been tweeting about this all night.

Tony Wroten Jr. says he just got off the phone with Teague and he will be a Wildcat tomorrow.

How's this sound theVILLE?
BREAKING NEWS: Fellow 2011 Recruit Says Marquis Teague is a Cat
by Matt Jones @ 10:46 pm. Filed under Blue Blooded Opinions

This has to be one for the record books. After much speculation, 2011 recruit Tony Wroten Jr just sent a message on Twitter that says he has spoken to Marquis Teague and he will be going to Kentucky. Wroten loves to Tweet and while Drew Franklin may be correct that he isnt a person to tell secrets to, if correct, it is our first case of one recruit breaking another’s commitment publically that I have ever heard.

We wont know for sure until the press conference, but Wroten quotes his friend Teague…so it looks like UK.

KSR
Both Marc Maggard and Anthony Wireman are reporting it, so I believe 'em.

Welcome to Kentucky, Marquis!
AWESOME if TRUE
This looks so good!!! Man I am so excited for UK basketball for years and years to come.
UK is going to be amazing in 2011-2012. Possible National title. That class could be Gilchrist, Teague, Miller, Wroten, and more.
As many have said.... and I am not being a UK homer, this could potentially be the best class of all time. players 1, 2, 3, 9 and ?
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:As many have said.... and I am not being a UK homer, this could potentially be the best class of all time. players 1, 2, 3, 9 and ?

There is no doubt it would be the best ever, if they got Chandler, that's 5 of the top 10. Calipari should be arrested for that type of recruiting. WOW!
PC_You_Know Wrote:There is no doubt it would be the best ever, if they got Chandler, that's 5 of the top 10. Calipari should be arrested for that type of recruiting. WOW!

I really do not know if it can get any better than that many big time players being on one team.
Coach Cal may have just landed his 5th straight #1 point guard.....POINTGUARDU.=UK/CAL.

Derrick Rose-Bulls
Tyreke Evans-Kings
John Wall-Nets
Brandon Knight-??
Marquis Teague- ??

ohh yeah, i think that other guard....Eric Bledsoe is predicted as a 1st round pick....Coach Cal's pitch to Marquis Teague and Brandon Knight....."son, come play for me at UK...have fun...be worshiped...play in front of 24k every game....oh and did i forget...this year will make me 5 PG's selected in the first round in four years.....lol....or go play for U of L, and Peyton Siva will teach how to trim urself a douch bag chin strap beard.
Told ya'll. Gilchrist, Teague, Quincy Miller, and Tony Wroten Jr. will all be cats. Don't sleep on the Chandler kid that just de-committed from UofL. If he can get qualified, he will be a Cat as well. UK will have the best recruiting class that college basketball has ever seen.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Marc Maggard has been tweeting about this all night.

Tony Wroten Jr. says he just got off the phone with Teague and he will be a Wildcat tomorrow.

How's this sound theVILLE?

no surprise to me...All the top PG's are going to go to UK and rightfully so...With all the sucess that Wall, Evans and the best one of the group derrick rose! Rub it in all you want but i always knew he was most likely going to UK
The Iceboxx Wrote:Coach Cal may have just landed his 5th straight #1 point guard.....POINTGUARDU.=UK/CAL.

Derrick Rose-Bulls
Tyreke Evans-Kings
John Wall-Nets
Brandon Knight-??
Marquis Teague- ??

ohh yeah, i think that other guard....Eric Bledsoe is predicted as a 1st round pick....Coach Cal's pitch to Marquis Teague and Brandon Knight....."son, come play for me at UK...have fun...be worshiped...play in front of 24k every game....oh and did i forget...this year will make me 5 PG's selected in the first round in four years.....lol....or go play for U of L, and Peyton Siva will teach how to trim urself a douch bag chin strap beard.

Dang right this is point guard U. After having the likes of Michael Porter (God love him).
Why does everyone hate on Peyton Siva? Really why...What did he do...I mean he didnt even play against you guys
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Dang right this is point guard U. After having the likes of Michael Porter (God love him).

Yelp PGU i have to agree....I have to say he is the best at getting PG's to the university for 1 SEASON though....Out of all them i have to say derrick rose is a BEAST compared to the rest