Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: If the SEC expanded to 16 teams....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SEC East

Florida
South Carolina
Tennessee
Georgia
UK
WVU
Louisville
Cincy

SEC West

Arkansas
LSU
Alabama
Auburn
Ole Miss
Mississippi State
Memphis
Vandy

Thoughts????/
Wow, when did this ever come up. I mean if it did happen I think that would be pretty close to the set up.
how many teams are in it now
The Big(11)Ten is making noise about expansion. They are interested in Rutgers, Pitt, Syracuse, and UConn. South Florida would probably be swallowed up by the ACC. Since the ACC showed no interest in WVU to begin with, then the last hope would be to the SEC. Either that or fall into the abyss of Conference USA with our Green Headed little brother in Huntington. Since WVU put on a good audition for the SEC in beating UK, then that may be WVU's only hope.
ok they need to go were they are needed which is the conference usa they beat uk once and they think they are everything IMO
back_in_black Wrote:ok they need to go were they are needed which is the conference usa they beat uk once and they think they are everything IMO

:lmao:

The only reason the SEC would want WVU is basketball. Since Stewart arrived in Morgantown, WVU would be battling it out with UK for last place in the SEC East.
I don't think any teams north of Lexington would be added to the SEC.

Miami-FL
Florida State
Texas
Clemson
Georgia Tech

Those teams would probably be the only teams that the SEC would add, because they're big schools with excellent athletic programs and they're also located in the south.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I don't think any teams north of Lexington would be added to the SEC.

Miami-FL
Florida State
Texas
Clemson
Georgia Tech

Those teams would probably be the only teams that the SEC would add, because they're big schools with excellent athletic programs and they're also located in the south.
I agree with the bold.
Amun-Ra Wrote:I agree with the bold.

yup, agree.. I just dont see Texas heading to the SEC lol
Clemson and Georgia Tech definitely make the most sense and are probably the most realistic two out of all the teams mentioned. Both would be competitive in the two major sports, football and mens basketball. Memphis fits geographically and would add something for basketball, but would be pointless from a football stand point. In the end, I think all of this talk is for football, anyway. Even if the Big Ten or any other conference tries to load up, the SEC would still be a better conference as it is today.
Vandy would love for WVU to come to the SEC. Then they would have someone they could pound on every year in football and not finish in last place. WVU would be the new doormat.
Westside Wrote:Vandy would love for WVU to come to the SEC. Then they would have someone they could pound on every year in football and not finish in last place. WVU would be the new doormat.

Westy, I think WVU's last shot would be the SEC. The ACC ship sailed and Eddie Pastilong was on the dock waving bye bye as VPI, Miami, and BC left town. The Big Ten does not want WVU because our our academics. The leaves either the SEC or being relegated the the abyss known as CUSA with the has been's, used-to be's, never-were's, and Marshall.
Westside Wrote:Vandy would love for WVU to come to the SEC. Then they would have someone they could pound on every year in football and not finish in last place. WVU would be the new doormat.

Cmon now.

:biggrin: :Thumbs: :lmao: :rockon:
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote::lmao:

The only reason the SEC would want WVU is basketball. Since Stewart arrived in Morgantown, WVU would be battling it out with UK for last place in the SEC East.

last place really UK should be 10 times better than wvu next year because wvu is losing butler and somebody else i cant remember
The teams I mentioned are the teams that have been rumored to be moving to the SEC when expansion has been discussed on various college forums.
back_in_black Wrote:last place really UK should be 10 times better than wvu next year because wvu is losing butler and somebody else i cant remember

back in black, I was talking about FOOTBALL. As long as Huggy is in Morgantown, the sky is the limit. As long as Stewart is the football coach, well, he is no Rich Fraud.
back_in_black Wrote:last place really UK should be 10 times better than wvu next year because wvu is losing butler and somebody else i cant remember

Yea, another bunch of "one and doner's" for Cal. :flame:
Why would the SEC ever expand, they dont need more teams.

They are the strongest sport confrence in...

-Football- like 4 of last 6 national title teams.
-Track - the SEC track teams of LSU and Florida dominate nationals and Olympic trials
-Girls Basketball - UT is the most historcal girls team, LSU has made countless final fours. Teams like Georgia, UK, UF, and Vanderbilt are become very realivent.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Why would the SEC ever expand, they dont need more teams.

-Track - the SEC track teams of LSU and Florida dominate nationals and Olympic trials
-Girls Basketball - UT is the most historcal girls team, LSU has made countless final fours. Teams like Georgia, UK, UF, and Vanderbilt are become very realivent.

Plenty of things: more television exposure, more money, etc.

I'm not saying its going to happen, but it's possible.
The Iceboxx Wrote:-Track - the SEC track teams of LSU and Florida dominate nationals and Olympic trials
Florida doesn't dominate the state of Florida. FSU has won multiple national titles in recent years. So, even if you were to go historic, you would be leaving out Arkansas.

Basketball

WVU, Cincy, Louisville, and Memphis are already better than LSU, MSU, Alabama, and Auburn.
I dont see the SEC taking Big 12 or ACC teams.
O Well, Bring on the teams.

The SEC definitely lacks quality in the basketball department.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:back in black, I was talking about FOOTBALL. As long as Huggy is in Morgantown, the sky is the limit. As long as Stewart is the football coach, well, he is no Rich Fraud.

my bad
wouldnt bother me at all
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Basketball

WVU, Cincy, Louisville, and Memphis are already better than LSU, MSU, Alabama, and Auburn.

The SEC wants WVU because of all the national championships they have won in the past: Championships by WVU- Rifle 14, Women's Track 2, Wrestling 3. :lmao:
Westside Wrote:The SEC wants WVU because of all the national championships they have won in the past: Championships by WVU- Rifle 14, Women's Track 2, Wrestling 3. :lmao:

Well Westy, they are sure as **** are not going to take Marshall and it's Junior Division titles, one time sellout of it's 38K seat stadium (2007 vs WVU), and 23 years of not making the NCAA Tournament.:lmao:
The SEC, if it expanded to 16 teams would probably go after Georgia Tech (one of its former founding members), Clemson (already a secure bitter rivalry with South Carolina), possibly Florida State (??) and maybe a wildcard, like say a USF?? Like someone above said, I dont think theyll go more north than Lexington, so these are the teams I would try..
East
Kentucky
Georgia
Georgia Tech
Florida
Florida State
South Carolina
Vanderbilt
tennessee

West
YOUR 2009 NATIONAL CHAMPION ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE!
Arkansas
South Florida
Clemson
Mississippi
Miss State
LSU
auburn

I dont know about you, but that looks like one AWESOME football conference right there.
Pages: 1 2