Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Meet the newest Kentucky Wildcat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We talk a lot on this blog about the new UK recruits and who will come to school, what their impact will be and how they will become stars playing for Calipari. It is basketball recruiting and its a big part of what we do. And yes we know that Brandon Knight, Stacey Poole, Enes Kanter and Doron Lamb will come to Lexington next year and be beloved Cats by the best fanbase in America. But we should also get ready for the arrival of Zach Lipson, another new member of the UK basketball family. In this article from one of Lipson’s hometown newspapers in Nashville, we meet Zach, who will be joining the UK basketball program next fall as an equipment manager.

Zach grew up with a spinal condition that has left him only four feet tall, but he has fought through his adversity to become a key part of his high school basketball program. Coached by former Vanderbilt star Drew Maddux, his high school team brought him on as a manager and he became a beloved part of the school and the team.

During his Senior year, Zach applied to take a similar position at UK and after meeting with John Calipari, accepted a scholarship at Kentucky to become one of the equipment managers. He will live in Wildcat Lodge and be a part of the program next year, working towards a business degree.

Zach has already overcome a great deal in his short life and now becomes part of the greatest basketball program in the land. A wonderful story and yet another part of what makes following UK basketball and being a part of this community, so great.

Story
Nice story!
Very nice!! That kid is will have a blast, im sure. I would lol
Awesome story. Thanks for posting it!
good deal hope he does great
Love this story
its stories like these that make college programs SPECIAL
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:its stories like these that make college programs SPECIAL

I see what you did there..
good for him
Story says he plans on running for President. Too bad he won't be 35 come 2012. But good luck at UK.
Reanimate Wrote:I see what you did there..

what do you mean?
I thought it was gonna be a story about CJ Leslie Sad
that is just awesome
Welcome to the Big Blue Nation Zach. Hopefully he will fill the void mr. Keightley left.