Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top incoming 8th grade teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Is there any team out there that can give Corbin a fight? I know we will have a big bulleyes on our backs, but I know the coaches will have them ready for all opponents that come seeking to dethrown our team. Any takers????
I would say Betsy Layne or Virgie would be glad to get a shot at Corbin....:Thumbs:
ooops ! this is a football thread.... I was thinking basketball. :HitWall:
This is my top 5 for this coming season based on teams that I have seen play.

1. Clay Co
2. Corbin
3. Lone Oak
4. Jackson Co
5. Greenup Co
The reason I put Clay #1 is beacuse they BEAT corbin last year
Greenup will be some stiff competition for Corbin this year.
We lost that game 12-8, I guess they were intimidated by their size, they looked like a high school team, they wont be this year. Our coaches are already talking about this years game, it will be the third game of the season. I cant wait for it.
Johnson County will be pretty good. They beat Greenup last year.
Jackson cofan.... you put clay first, but what happened to them when it came to playoff time? And when Corbin played in the state semifinal/finals we had a perfect record...watch wazoo sports and Corbin had zero loses, Why? Is Clay not apart of KMSFA or did they have inegliable players on the team...I was told the latter.
redhound93 Wrote:Jackson cofan.... you put clay first, but what happened to them when it came to playoff time? And when Corbin played in the state semifinal/finals we had a perfect record...watch wazoo sports and Corbin had zero loses, Why? Is Clay not apart of KMSFA or did they have inegliable players on the team...I was told the latter.
A loss is a loss. I'm sure that Clay is not the ONLY team that does it. Clay and perhaps Whitley Co goes a little farther than everyone else. We played Clay when we 6th graders when they brought over a "all-star" team from their 6th grade league...So I know what you mean. I'm just saying that from the teams that I've personally seen they are the best at this level. Also throw in Lynn Camp as a one of those "rouge" teams.
Coach Howard,

Please tell the cougars fans about what players we can expect to be big time players this year in the 8th grade. GO COUGARS!
Watch out for all floyd county teams this year. I think it should be a whale of a year in Floyd, KY baby!!
Jackson Cofan Wrote:A loss is a loss. I'm sure that Clay is not the ONLY team that does it. Clay and perhaps Whitley Co goes a little farther than everyone else. We played Clay when we 6th graders when they brought over a "all-star" team from their 6th grade league...So I know what you mean. I'm just saying that from the teams that I've personally seen they are the best at this level. Also throw in Lynn Camp as a one of those "rouge" teams.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yours seems to be a fair one. I'm just going to throw some information out there. Clay didn't play a 100% healthy Corbin team, however Clay did what all good teams do and found a way to win the game. (No knock on Clay) A couple other things to think about, after Corbin beat Jackson you claimed Jackson had their chances to win just missed out on a couple plays. The Corbin vs. Jackson Co. was never really close. Then you claimed that Corbin would lose to any team that had a good passing game and that SW Pulaski might just be that team. However Corbin beat them by 30+. Then you said Corbin didnt have a chance against Lone Oak in the State Championship. Corbin wasn't suppose to compete with Lone Oaks speed and passing game. Yet they showed they could match up with the speed of anybody in the state. It will be very interesting to see how it works out next season.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and yours seems to be a fair one. I'm just going to throw some information out there. Clay didn't play a 100% healthy Corbin team, however Clay did what all good teams do and found a way to win the game. (No knock on Clay) A couple other things to think about, after Corbin beat Jackson you claimed Jackson had their chances to win just missed out on a couple plays. The Corbin vs. Jackson Co. was never really close. Then you claimed that Corbin would lose to any team that had a good passing game and that SW Pulaski might just be that team. However Corbin beat them by 30+. Then you said Corbin didnt have a chance against Lone Oak in the State Championship. Corbin wasn't suppose to compete with Lone Oaks speed and passing game. Yet they showed they could match up with the speed of anybody in the state. It will be very interesting to see how it works out next season.
Well, you are right everyone is entitled to their opinion. I tried to avoid the not being 100% healthy thing because I don't think that should be any kind of excuse for a loss but since you bring it up about the Clay game then it is now safe for me to say the when we played corbin we weren't "100%" healthy either. Our best running back was out due to injury and had 4 kids that were running a fever but like I said we don't use that as excuse. The reason I stated that Corbin would struggle with a quick passing team is because that was the scouting report we got. I'm not taking anything away from Corbin, they took the field and played very sound football and won. Do I think we played our best game against Corbin in the playoffs..No we didn't but that is how it goes and the game is only played once. Do I think that we can beat Corbin...thats possible because no one is unbeatable. One thing to keep in mind is that 99.9% of the players on the Jackson Co team never even touched a football until they were in 6th grade so we are proud of what we have accomplished in such a very, very short time. As far as the Lone Oak game in the state finals well watching Lone Oak warm up they looked big and fast. They had some really big players. From watching the game I did noticed that alot of those big players didn't play and were only standing on the sideline for Lone Oak.
Looking ahead to next season Corbin for sure will be one of the top 2-3 teams to beat for state. Corbin is as good as advertised and they are good as they say they are and Corbin fans or nation or what ever you want to call yourselves..we ARE better than what you think and say we are. It is easy to say that teams are not good and brag about how great they and all that good stuff when they have played them and, yes beat them. I'm not going to take anything away from Corbin's players and coaches they were respectful and honest, but these 3-4 "bragging" fans for Corbin is what brings them down. Good luck this season Corbin
Our front 7 on defense is the fastest in the state. When we played Lone Oak we were in the backfield virtually on every play, Lone Oaks QB had no passing game....period. On offense our stocky running back ran over EVERYONE including Jackson Co., Please Jackson Cofan, give me a break...weather there was a healthy team or not we still would have won. From what I saw the linemen that were on the team were not conditioned to keep up with our linemen, and you know where the game is won and lost and that is on the line. We pulled our starters in the middle of the 3 qtr. and that was the only time Jackson was able to generate any offensive momentum and by then it was too late. Iam looking forward to meeting Jackson again this coming year. Wish we could hook up during the season and not just the playoffs. See you in 5 months!
Also there is a difference in being confident and bragging...I wouldnt talk the talk if Corbin couldnt walk the walk. And yes I talk but thats all it is just TALK, nothing personal.
there is a thin line between bragging and being confident...........but as you stated you wouldn't do the talk if Corbin didn't do the walk so take that as you may.....you are right it is talk. And yes I guess you can say it is a little personal now because one of those so called "not conditioned" lineman happens to me my son and go back and look at the tape, Corbins 2 big lineman had one heck of a time defending him. #59 is his number if you want to go back and look at the tape of the game. Sure 5'9" and 285lbs. does sound like he is "not conditioned" on paper but coach him one time and lets see what you say then. As a matter of fact he is even going to the FBU camp this weekend up in frankfort if want to get a glimps of him in action It's funny how you Corbin fans can use the "not 100%" healthy excuse about the Clay loss but when we say it is a different story. One thing that I do have to agree with is that yeah wish we gould hook up this season. At one time we did have it posted on here about an open date and was looking for a game. As far as the playoffs, well who knows...I know that Corbin is D1 for 8th grade and I think that We are a D2 team which I think is the same as what Meece is. Seems like some can't accept the fact that I put Clay #1. It's nothing personal ...it's only MY opinion
My apologizes to you, I had no idea that your son was a linemen, how could I have known. I watched the game tonight, and from what I saw your son has great potential as a linemen in the future. As a fan of football and as a parent I very proud of what my son had accomplished this past yr., he is 6' 1" 230#. My son is a linemen too and I know that these boys don't get the glory and the spotlight that QB, RB get. Besides winning a state championship, he also was named OT All State, and he returned a fumble for a touchdown in the finals. Like you Iam very proud of what my son has accomplished his first yr in scholastic sports, and Iam sorry if I came across brash & arrogent. I wish Jackson Co. and your son the best of luck this coming season! Again I am sorry for offending you and your son.
And about Clay I just dont understand how you can put them ahead of Corbin. I understand they beat us, but they did nothing in the playoffs!! And when we play them again this year I believe it is going to have a different outcome. That game has been circled on our calendar since the coaches had made out the schedule. Coaches are already talking about it. And I know my son is ready for the rematch.
I really hope to see Jackson County's 8th grade team next year do some damage. They had a pretty solid 7th grade team. If the kids stick around and do some good and build confidence coming up to the high school, there could be something special going on in Jackson County.
This should be called the best teams in Southeast KY. No one can touch Bowling Green
Iam glad to see that someone from western ky finally posted a comment. BG had a great 8th grade team last yr. winning their 2nd state championship last yr. See you in the playoffs!!
I did mention Lone Oak in my top 5. They are from the west. I agree BW's 8th grade team was good. How did their 7th do?
Generals2010 Wrote:I really hope to see Jackson County's 8th grade team next year do some damage. They had a pretty solid 7th grade team. If the kids stick around and do some good and build confidence coming up to the high school, there could be something special going on in Jackson County.
thanks for the support. We at Jackson Co are still a very young program. The cards are slowly falling into place and it will be a matter of time when we can compete on the big stage. This years 7th was a good team and will help the high school in due time but at the same time they(the 7th grade) are going to need help from the class before and after it to be successful at the high school level. Next year is going be great IF the injury bug don't take it's toll. In OTA's the boys looked bigger, smarter, faster, and stronger than last year. They did lose one of the big linemen cause he is going to move but they did add a tremedous athlete with chance to maybe add more
Jackson Cofan Wrote:This is my top 5 for this coming season based on teams that I have seen play.

1. Clay Co
2. Corbin
3. Lone Oak
4. Jackson Co
5. Greenup Co
The reason I put Clay #1 is beacuse they BEAT corbin last year

Here is my Top 5
1. Corbin
2. Lone Oak
3. Bowling Green
4. Jackson Co.
5. Greenup Co.

The reason why I didnt put Clay Co. in top 5 is because they are not in the KYMSFA, if they are they didnt make playoffs last yr. and everyone else did. Also I heard they had 8th grade and freshmen on their 7th grade team. If I'm wrong.... my apologies.
Jackson Cofan Wrote:thanks for the support. We at Jackson Co are still a very young program. The cards are slowly falling into place and it will be a matter of time when we can compete on the big stage. This years 7th was a good team and will help the high school in due time but at the same time they(the 7th grade) are going to need help from the class before and after it to be successful at the high school level. Next year is going be great IF the injury bug don't take it's toll. In OTA's the boys looked bigger, smarter, faster, and stronger than last year. They did lose one of the big linemen cause he is going to move but they did add a tremedous athlete with chance to maybe add more
Are you reffering to the high school team being bigger, smarter, faster, strong?
Well Knox County has called Corbin out stating that we are afraid to play them. So our coach saw the post on topix.com, stating we would play knox anytime we dont back down from anyone. Well the person who called us out has not responded. Obviously wants to run mouth & not man up!!! Figures, Anyone have any info. on Knox County?????
Generals2010 Wrote:Are you reffering to the high school team being bigger, smarter, faster, strong?
refering to next years 8th grade team
Jackson Cofan Wrote:refering to next years 8th grade team
Ok, yeah thats good. I hope to get out and watch some of their games this year. I went to a couple of the high school games this year and to have a good class coming up would be great for them.
I can tell you from first hand experience that Bowling Green is VERY GOOD and will continue to be very good year in and year out. However, I will say that I was very impressed with Corbin last year, they also have a very good team with lots of size and speed.
Watch the middlesboro Jackets this year. won there confrence 3 years in a roll.Also there whole team is hold backs.SO WATCH OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 4