Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Enes Kanter LOI is in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Enes Kanter has officially sent in his signed Letter of Intent. He is now a member of the Big Blue Nation. Welcome Big Enes.
Welcome!
AWESOME!

Part of the big man problem is solved!
I dont know alot about this kid besides he is very young if i am not mistaking he isnt 17 yet??? his B-day is coming soon though! That is very young...but he has alot of potential...I think that this could be one of the players to stay more than one season as well though
theVILLE Wrote:I dont know alot about this kid besides he is very young if i am not mistaking he isnt 17 yet??? his B-day is coming soon though! That is very young...but he has alot of potential...I think that this could be one of the players to stay more than one season as well though
I thought I read somewhere he would turn 18 next month, I might be wrong. I also would love to see him stay more than one season but I also wanted that from Bledsoe and Orton, so who knows? Clips I have seen of him playing he looks like a banger with nice mid-range jumper too, should help a lot right away.
Isn't there rumors of him maybe not being eligible?
Cal definitely has shown no hesitation in the past when signing controversial recruits.
zaga_fan Wrote:Isn't there rumors of him maybe not being eligible?
Cal definitely has shown no hesitation in the past when signing controversial recruits.

The NCAA Clearinghouse has cleared him, but they also did the same for D. Rose. So, who knows?
Cal seems pretty confident in getting him clear. I think it will be fine.
Im so excited to see Kanter at UK....the kid love Coach Cal, and is going to be a big time fan favorite....If i hear correctly on ESPNU....Coach Cal said he just turned 17.lol
theVILLE Wrote:I dont know alot about this kid besides he is very young if i am not mistaking he isnt 17 yet??? his B-day is coming soon though! That is very young...but he has alot of potential...I think that this could be one of the players to stay more than one season as well though

A Lville fan would pray he is one and done..A true card fan anyway. :eyeroll:
SportzAnimal Wrote:The NCAA Clearinghouse has cleared him, but they also did the same for D. Rose. So, who knows?

It seems to me the clearing house should have some type of accountability on them for not doing there job if they clear someone like they did Dereke Rose.
how high of a recruit is he
cougarpride08 Wrote:It seems to me the clearing house should have some type of accountability on them for not doing there job if they clear someone like they did Dereke Rose.

I agree whole-heartedly.
ESPN has him at the #3 Center, and Rivals has him as the #25 overall player. He is a 5* player for both.

IMO when the final ranking come out he will move way up into the top ten on both sites. He dominated everyone ranked higher than him at the Nike Hoops summit.
CBS reported that clearinghouse okayed Kanter but NCAA denies that. They say they have not ruled either way and do all football eligibility issues first.
Kanter has been cleared academically, but his amateur status is still in question.
^ I hope that the NCAA clearing house doesnt fiddle-fart around and wait until the next season to make a decision. AKA Renardo Sydney.