Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Jeff Goodman's predictions on recruiting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is what Jeff Goodman projects will happen with this signing period. I am only going to write the ones that impact UK. The link is below if you are interested in anyone else.

- Scout.com’s No. 2 player in the country, Brandon Knight, will announce he is signing with John Calipari and Kentucky at 4 p.m. on ESPNU. Knight is not John Wall, but he’s extremely talented.

- Scout.com’s top-rated player in the Class of 2012, forward Michael Gilchrist, will commit to Kentucky in one of the worst-kept secrets around. Gilchrist has been a virtual lock to play for Calipari since he hit puberty.

- Josh Selby, ranked 10th overall by Scout.com and 4th by Rivals.com, will announce his decision at the Jordan All-American Game. Selby de-committed from Tennessee last summer and will now pick from Kansas, Kentucky, UConn, Arizona and the Vols. My guess – and just about everyone else’s – is the Jayhawks.

- Doron Lamb, Scout.com’s No. 26 player in the country, will also reveal his choice at the Jordan Game. Lamb, a combo guard from New York who is at Oak Hill Academy (Va.), is looking at Kentucky and Kansas. I think he goes to Kentucky and plays alongside Knight.

- C.J. Leslie, who played last season at Word of God (N.C.), is rated as the No. 12 player in the senior class by Scout.com. Leslie is looking at Kentucky, N.C. State and Oregon. I’m going with the Wildcats on this one.

- Terrence Jones, the 20th-ranked player in the senior class, is looking at Kentucky, Washington and Oregon. Honestly, I have no clue – but why not go with Calipari and Kentucky.

Here is the link to the article.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanon...redictions

If this happens, then WOW.
That would be nice!

Is Jones really still THAT undecided?
Jones is completely torn between moving out here or staying close to family.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Jones is completely torn between moving out here or staying close to family.

Would he be a one-and-done guy?
Sadly, I can't see Jones leaving the west coast.
Aslan Wrote:Sadly, I can't see Jones leaving the west coast.
According to Marc Maggard, Jones is more likely to be a Cat than Leslie or Ross.
This would be great for the Wildcats!!!
I haven't heard much about Terrence Jones lately, but I'm hearing some good things about future recruits and another recruit for this upcoming '10 class that will surprise a lot of folks soon.
I think that we do land Jones!! I cant wait to see if Leslie wants to play along side of Jones. Either way, the Cats should be in good shape.
Yelp...I know this is off topic but if austin rivers comes to UK in 2011 then UK will be final four and possibly national champs! But Jones kid is very confused and undecided...Leslie is a matter of waiting on Knight to make a decision! I think both are wildcats
Outside of Knight and Gilchrist, I think UK lands Doron Lamb (2010) and Marquis Teague (2011).

I'm somewhat lost on Jones and Leslie, as they both are sending some mixed signals. But I say we get one of the two for sure.
I say CJ goes to NC State and Jones comes to UK.
BCF4L Wrote:I say CJ goes to NC State and Jones comes to UK.

Let me start by saying that I am not doubting you.

How does NC State continue to get SO many great players? They never win anymore! They may be the 5th or 6th best ACC team behind Duke, UNC, Maryland, Georgia Tech, etc... Yet they get players like the guy with the hard name to say and potentially Leslie, not to mention they are always on many people's lists.
lwc Wrote:Let me start by saying that I am not doubting you.

How does NC State continue to get SO many great players? They never win anymore! They may be the 5th or 6th best ACC team behind Duke, UNC, Maryland, Georgia Tech, etc... Yet they get players like the guy with the hard name to say and potentially Leslie, not to mention they are always on many people's lists.

NC State is in CJ Leslie's backyard.

Plus, the Raleigh area produces a lot of talent.
IDK I think leslie has the attitude that bledsoe had...Even though there may be a top recruit coming in he can can work hard and get his minutes as well
Jeff Goodman predicts that Kentucky will Sign Brandon Knight, Doron Lamb, CJ Leslie and Terrence Jones
BCF4L Wrote:According to Marc Maggard, Jones is more likely to be a Cat than Leslie or Ross.

Hopefully Maggard is right. IMO Leslie is more likely to commit due to Wall doing well here and the addition of Knight next year.
If I had to choose ... I'd take Terrence Jones over any other player, except maybe Josh Selby. We got Knight, now I want Jones.
SportzAnimal Wrote:If I had to choose ... I'd take Terrence Jones over any other player, except maybe Josh Selby. We got Knight, now I want Jones.

Kanter and Jones would be the best duo bigs in college next year.
Doron Lamb - I've read some very good things; I say we get him.

Terrence Jones - Coach Cal really wants Terrence. He is said to be recruiting him harder than anyone right now. I say he leaves Oregon and comes to play here.

C.J. Leslie - I say Leslie stays home and plays for NCST since Cothron decommited. That seems to be the general consensus right now anyway.

Josh Selby - KU; he's the easiest one left to call.

Terrence Ross - He will do whatever Jones does.

Marquis Teague - I really don't think he will make a decision as soon as he has been letting on about. I could even see him waiting until this time next year to see what Brandon Knight does at season's end in 2011.

Austin Rivers - Haven't heard a lot about this kid and what schools he likes. All I know is things are looking bleak once again for Billy Donovan with Rivers decommiting.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Doron Lamb - I've read some very good things; I say we get him.

Terrence Jones - Coach Cal really wants Terrence. He is said to be recruiting him harder than anyone right now. I say he leaves Oregon and comes to play here.

C.J. Leslie - I say Leslie stays home and plays for NCST since Cothron decommited. That seems to be the general consensus right now anyway.

Josh Selby - KU; he's the easiest one left to call.

Terrence Ross - He will do whatever Jones does.

Marquis Teague - I really don't think he will make a decision as soon as he has been letting on about. I could even see him waiting until this time next year to see what Brandon Knight does at season's end in 2011.

Austin Rivers - Haven't heard a lot about this kid and what schools he likes. All I know is things are looking bleak once again for Billy Donovan with Rivers decommiting.

Austin Rivers has 6 schools listed, but the way it looks on 2 have offered.

Duke - Medium Interest - Offered

Florida - Medium Interest - Offered

North Carolina - Medium Interest

Kansas - Low Interest

Kentucky - Low Interest

Texas - Low Interest

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...vers-81988
If we get Teague, then I am fine without Rivers.