Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky to keep Rod Strickland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ESPN's Andy Katz writes in his column today that the University of Kentucky will likely discipline assistant coach Rod Strickland but he will not lose his job.

Katz cites an unnamed source and says:

According to a source, Kentucky officials are also expected to keep assistant coach Rod Strickland after he was cited for a DUI, his fourth. Strickland will be disciplined but won't lose his job unless more information emerges from the incident that hasn't been released.

Katz's Article

Strickland was arrested and cited for a DUI early Sunday morning. The DUI was allegedly the fourth for the UK assistant.

Note: Katz also reports in the article that Darnell Dodson is still undecided on what he will do. He is choosing between a transfer, playing overseas or returning to Kentucky.

http://www.nationofblue.com/andy-katz-so...kland-857/
Told ya! Every coach does this or atleast most...Coach cal probably drinks a few every now and then...I see noting wrong with it just the drinking and driving part, which alot does as well
Pathetic, he needs to be gone.
it is pathetic but i think he deserves another chance...I mean all coaches dot his or most do....give him another chance and then if it happens again send him off! Rod is a great coach that knows the game i think...He shouldnt drink and drive though
I would say that the no tolerance rule is now intact.
Gillispie did stuff like this and they didn't fire him. So I def. wouldn't fire Strickland! If this is the worst thing he's ever done hes ok in my book.lol
:Thumbs:
Beetle01 Wrote:Pathetic, he needs to be gone.
I think that it was only alleged that CBG did it but he really was only pulled once, after he had already been relieved of his coaching position.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that it was only alleged that CBG did it but he really was only pulled once, after he had already been relieved of his coaching position.

Good point
Quote:it is pathetic but i think he deserves another chance

A second chance? This is his FOURTH dui... It looks horrible on the program to keep him after his fourth dui, hes obv not going to stop, let him go and lets get ready for the new talent and amazing season UK will have this year.
3 Point Nightmare Wrote:A second chance? This is his FOURTH dui... It looks horrible on the program to keep him after his fourth dui, hes obv not going to stop, let him go and lets get ready for the new talent and amazing season UK will have this year.

first since been at UK though!
Gillispies actions were unpresentative of program and a major reason he was terminated What Strickland did won't teach values to kids. As said it is 4th not first time. Past charge for battery also.If he stays it cannot happen again or he has to go. Hopefully he will see alcholism treatment.
Yes if it occurs again send him away but, every coach does this he just got caught! Give him one more chance...He really is a good coach that knows the game and relates to the kids and players