Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How to save VHS tapes to hard drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wanting to know what i need and how to do it..
Right off I can't think of anyone ever mentioning how to do this.
It seems like it would take alot because of the difference in VHS and stuff but maybe QQ could help you out or you would google the equipment. I have NO idea about this one, torQQue is the only one on here that I could think of that may know.
Can anyone help me.
Sorry Batpuff, my uncle used to do this, but I don't talk to him anymore.
Welll i was trying to find out what i have to do and what i have to buy
Good capture cards can run you WAY up there.

I never thought about that but it takes the video from your television and to your computer. I never thought about being able to capture tapes like this. People use it to record video games and make montages and things.

I know nothing about the USB connection thing though.

Reiz would be a good man to talk to about the capture cards.
I don't know anything about capture cards.

Besides the Dazzle 150 is the best made.
I got a good cheap capture card for 23 bucks. If i can find the link for it I'll show ya.
Awesome.

I heard from a friend that the good ones are around $80+
Then again I guess it does depend on what you want to use them for to start with...

The quality that you would settle for would be different with different things.
i copy them to my computer and re-burn them to dvd all the time and i've never bought anything to do it with, with the exception of a $10 usb converter kit. it converts almost any connector to usb...very useful...check walmart
Just get a capture card with composites and then plug your vcr in and record the video. Most all capture cards come with software that allow you to capture in any digital format including dvd. I use a 30 dollar capture/tv card I bought from tigerdirect to do videos and record games.. Works great as a cheap tivo as well. Mine has scheduler built in to auto record tv programs as well. Anyway heres a couple of links to good cards.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...CatId=1425

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/...CatId=1425

Both of these have remote controls included. The second one even has a radio tuner to listen to AM/FM radio. Sweet!!!!!!
I know this is like a year old lol but I just saw this.

I use a program called Pinnacle MovieBox USB and Studio 8. It has a USB box that connects the VCR to the computer and you can copy everything from the tape and edit it by frame. I'm trying to use it to make a video for my mom, but it's kind of time consuming.