Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Patrick Patterson has not yet made his decision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Despite the press' release that Patrick had declared for the NBA draft, it is now being reported that he has not yet submitted his paperwork nor made a decision just yet.

Matt Jones spoke with his mother and she had this to say:

"Patrick has not made a decision yet. He will do so in the next week or two and he will decide it by the 24th. It's his decision and he knows that if he puts in the Draft he cant take it out. He wants to weigh the pros and the cons of the decison. The pros like the fact that he loves the fans and he could get his master’s degree at Kentucky. But then he sees cons like the injury that Desean from West Virginia got in that last game. But he is taking his time and wants to make a thoughtful decision on his own terms."

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=49069
I saw this earlier too.
Who knows?? A Master's degree is not something that a player of his caliber usually leaves college with. I think you could put his name up there with some of the all time greats if he stays for four years (in this day and age) and gets the highest degree you possibly can. I'm not saying that this will happen or is even likely. But you can tell that P Pat loves being a Wildcat!
That would be something amazing to see. It would be an amazing backup plan for after basketball.
The Courier Journal also reported this.
wymt news reported that he had entered! me personally would like to see PP stay! He is a great player, but if i were him, NO WAY would i stay!!!!! he is risking an injury!
I think that the thought of him getting master's before even going into the NBA is weighing heavily on him.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that the thought of him getting master's before even going into the NBA is weighing heavily on him.

Would you get your masters or go to NBA??
theVILLE Wrote:Would you get your masters or go to NBA??

Well obviously he will have a NBA career at some point but being able to HAVE that masters degree for after basketball and even do something with it in the offseason and after retirement is something I think he undersatnds. He will get his millions, either way, I think that Patterson knows how important life after basketball is.
I hope for the best for Patrick Patterson, he has been a warrior for the University.

IMO he is gone, seeing as how he is a projected lotto pick, but I hope he comes back.
I believe Patterson is gone. But if he comes back I will GLADLY admit I thought wrong Smile
Good to see and shame on UK!
Reanimate Wrote:I believe Patterson is gone. But if he comes back I will GLADLY admit I thought wrong Smile

Same thoughts here!
theVILLE Wrote:wymt news reported that he had entered! me personally would like to see PP stay! He is a great player, but if i were him, NO WAY would i stay!!!!! he is risking an injury!
The insurance policies all these prospects have with Lyods of London, takes away that worry. That being said, he's gone.
My gut tells me he is gone, but I think that he is just having second guesses on the possibilities of getting the money and then the back up plan or finish the back up plan and then the money. Either way, even with an injury he has set himself up for success.
hope he stays
All of the reasons that Patterson stayed to play this season are still there. He improved his outside game but not enough to really impress the scouts. He passed up a big payday last year, so it would not shock me to see him stay another year. If he works hard in the off season and improves his 3-point shot to where he is a consistent threat, then he could improve his current standing. His stock is not going to go down much and the risk of a career-ending injury these days is pretty much non-existent for players his age.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:All of the reasons that Patterson stayed to play this season are still there. He improved his outside game but not enough to really impress the scouts. He passed up a big payday last year, so it would not shock me to see him stay another year. If he works hard in the off season and improves his 3-point shot to where he is a consistent threat, then he could improve his current standing. His stock is not going to go down much and the risk of a career-ending injury these days is pretty much non-existent for players his age.

You brought up a good point. Nothing has changed in terms of his stock. Luke Harangody's stock was the same his Sophomore year as it is this year. The difference is that P-Pat's all-around game is getting better. With the possibility of Cousins and Orton gone, he could play more inside again and his numbers would go up.
He could have been a top 20 pick last year guys and he stayed correct? So whats keeping him from staying another year?
TheRealVille Wrote:[/B]The insurance policies all these prospects have with Lyods of London, takes away that worry. That being said, he's gone.

thats right, they take care of you...
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Well obviously he will have a NBA career at some point but being able to HAVE that masters degree for after basketball and even do something with it in the offseason and after retirement is something I think he undersatnds. He will get his millions, either way, I think that Patterson knows how important life after basketball is.

So you would take a chance on getting hurt and not playing in the nba to stay in college and get a degree! I mean we grow up learning ABC's he grew up learning NBA
theVILLE Wrote:So you would take a chance on getting hurt and not playing in the nba to stay in college and get a degree! I mean we grow up learning ABC's he grew up learning NBA

Now, Patterson is a rare athlete and seems to favor his future after basketball. If he can have a stellar record to have a fantastic job after the NBA it is a big decision to go ahead and get the Masters. Like I said before, either way he goes, even with injury, he will be in the NBA.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Now, Patterson is a rare athlete and seems to favor his future after basketball. If he can have a stellar record to have a fantastic job after the NBA it is a big decision to go ahead and get the Masters. Like I said before, either way he goes, even with injury, he will be in the NBA.

Yeah i agree he is a rare athlete and wants to have a career after basketball, I like that about PP! But his career after basketball could come sooner that later if an injury occured! So if he blows his knee out he will still make millionsin the NBA??? Lebron for example he is getting his degree and playing in the NBA, he could do that as well
He's gone. He can get his masters later. Don't risk injury PP.
If he was worried about injury so much he would most likely have went last year. I personally don't think he is coming back. I mean, I wouldn't if someone offered me a million dollars to dribble a basketball. lol
I agree. PPat should go ahead and get that paycheck that he deserves. He has represented UK as well as anyone.
theVILLE Wrote:Yeah i agree he is a rare athlete and wants to have a career after basketball, I like that about PP! But his career after basketball could come sooner that later if an injury occured! So if he blows his knee out he will still make millionsin the NBA??? Lebron for example he is getting his degree and playing in the NBA, he could do that as well

Did you even read the post about the insurance prospects carry?
TheRealVille Wrote:Did you even read the post about the insurance prospects carry?

he prob didnt,lol
Why wait to tell us? Just come out and say your going.
He can go to the NBA and still get his gedree. So, I say he's gone.
Patterson says his chances of staying at UK are ''50-50'' per Associated Press.
Pages: 1 2