Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Huggins Delivers Food to Mine Disaster Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Agreed!
Completely agree. I really do think that Huggins is going to go down as one of the best coaches to not have a title at this point. Along with Cal. Love seeing this kind of stuff go on for him.
A coach that has not always received the knowledge and dedication that he has put in as a coach.

Good to see the gesture !! and really puts in perspective of what is important.
Classy move.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Completely agree. I really do think that Huggins is going to go down as one of the best coaches to not have a title at this point. Along with Cal. Love seeing this kind of stuff go on for him.

:Thumbs: Great post!
Big props to Huggins for this!
I like Huggy Bear. I dont care that he coached West Virginia in beating UK, I dont care about his graduation rate. I dont care how the media portrays him. I like him and his players like him. I think this is a GREAT story that should cancel out all the Tiger Woods garbage on ESPN every day. Stuff like this shows a mans true character. He didnt have to deliver food. He could have donated some money, and went on about his day, but to personally deliver the food, in THAT awful circumstance, THAT, my friends, is the character of a man. Kudos to Bob Huggins.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I like Huggy Bear. I dont care that he coached West Virginia in beating UK, I dont care about his graduation rate. I dont care how the media portrays him. I like him and his players like him. I think this is a GREAT story that should cancel out all the Tiger Woods garbage on ESPN every day. Stuff like this shows a mans true character. He didnt have to deliver food. He could have donated some money, and went on about his day, but to personally deliver the food, in THAT awful circumstance, THAT, my friends, is the character of a man. Kudos to Bob Huggins.

I really like him too. I tell everyone if WVU was not playing UK that I would root for them. I think that Huggins is a great coach and has had some bad luck over the years. He really has shown a lot of compassion and care for his program and players and even the state. I completely agree about the Tiger Woods crap, while listening to the Reds game today, Marty Brennaman said that ESPN has a freakin countdown..... I mean come on people.
He is not only a great coach, he is a fabulous ambassador. Someone told me recently that that was what got Gillespie in trouble at UK. He wanted nothing to do with ex-players and could have cared less about his roll as a spokesman for UK around the Commonwealth.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:He is not only a great coach, he is a fabulous ambassador. Someone told me recently that that was what got Gillespie in trouble at UK. He wanted nothing to do with ex-players and could have cared less about his roll as a spokesman for UK around the Commonwealth.

Yep. That is about how it went. I think that the UK administration just didnt do the research that they needed to when they hired CBC.