Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andy Katz Top 25 (2010-2011)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Saw that earlier. I wonder if the anticipated players that he mentions includes: Knight, Jones, Leslie, and Selby.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Saw that earlier. I wonder if the anticipated players that he mentions includes: Knight, Jones, Leslie, and Selby.

Since he said this in the article, "The Wildcats are here because of what I anticipate occurring. We don't know what will happen, but you must expect they'll get a recruiting haul this spring", then I'm guessing he's putting them where he thinks they will belong once they sign some players.
I mean if we do not get Jones does that drop us or if we get him does that move us up, you know that kind of thing.
I think i would go with duke over purdue though...Kyrie erving in the mix with seth curry, kyle singler, nolan smith, and the plumlees! Wow i didnt realize duke was going to be strong again
^ They are really going to have a good team next year! and I do not see them losing too much depth
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:^ They are really going to have a good team next year! and I do not see them losing too much depth

Well, they are losing their big man, and Schyer who put up around 15-20 a game... So yeah, this doesn't impress me at all.. Neither does Singler.
I mean I didnt think that they were the best team this year and I do not really think that they will continue to dominate the ACC like they did this year. So I do agree that they should be eitehr 1 or 2 but I think that they will get beat out come tourney time.
Without UK signing another player, they have a top 15 starting line-up right now.

G - DeAnder Liggins - 4*
G - Darnell Dodson - 4*
G - Darius Miller - 4*
F - Stacey Poole Jr. - 4*
F - Enes Kantar - 5*

I know we have learned to not put all of our eggs in the star rating basket, but UK is going to be good regardless.
Ballers Wrote:Well, they are losing their big man, and Schyer who put up around 15-20 a game... So yeah, this doesn't impress me at all.. Neither does Singler.

Uk lost wall, cousins, orton , and bledsoe who put up about 45 a game and patterson who put up ababout 10 a game... So doesn't impress me either
Cats should be fine. I am going to let the next few weeks play out and see where we are from there.
Butler is one top recruit away from being the pre-season #1 team if Gordon Hayward returns. Butler has signed Brad Stevens to a new 12-year contract, so Butler will be a contender with or without Hayward next season.

If I were being hotly recruited by the big schools, I would take a strong look at Butler and the Bulldogs' chance of winning a national championship in my freshman season.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Butler is one top recruit away from being the pre-season #1 team if Gordon Hayward returns. Butler has signed Brad Stevens to a new 12-year contract, so Butler will be a contender with or without Hayward next season.

If I were being hotly recruited by the big schools, I would take a strong look at Butler and the Bulldogs' chance of winning a national championship in my freshman season.

I think that is amazing that he signed for that long. He really knows that he has his dream job.
He is the most underrated coach in college basketball i think! lol...But butler, duke and mich. st is my favorites for next season to win it all
Brad Stevens, maybe in a several years, get a chance at a classic school like UCLA or Indiana. I know that he is basicly at his dream job though.
Ballers Wrote:Well, they are losing their big man, and Schyer who put up around 15-20 a game... So yeah, this doesn't impress me at all.. Neither does Singler.

Singler was impressive. But the rest of the team never did. Duke better hope he stays and dont leave for the nba.
If you are duke you have a bright few years i think...
I mean you have the plumlee kids inside you have single, nolan smith, kyrie ervin, seth curry...Im picking duke to got to the final four next season for sure...
theVILLE Wrote:If you are duke you have a bright few years i think...
I mean you have the plumlee kids inside you have single, nolan smith, kyrie ervin, seth curry...Im picking duke to got to the final four next season for sure...

I think that they underachieve next year. With UNC coming on the up and up in the ACC, Duke should not be able to post that same kind of ACC record next season. They will still be around 1-2 seed in the tourney. Much like this year no one was really expecting the Devils to win it but once they got their draw it was set up perfectly for a final four and and once there anything can happen. I think they would be about to go under the radar so much next year. Either why, they will be a good team.
If the Indiana job becomes open again in the next few years and Butler continues competing at a top 25 level, Brad Stevens will be in Bloomington. Not many native hoosiers would say no to that job.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I think that they underachieve next year. With UNC coming on the up and up in the ACC, Duke should not be able to post that same kind of ACC record next season. They will still be around 1-2 seed in the tourney. Much like this year no one was really expecting the Devils to win it but once they got their draw it was set up perfectly for a final four and and once there anything can happen. I think they would be about to go under the radar so much next year. Either why, they will be a good team.

You think the defending national champ bringing in one of the top players in the country and a PURE shooter in Seth Curry is going to go UNDER the radar? Typical UK fan.
theVILLE Wrote:He is the most underrated coach in college basketball i think! lol...But butler, duke and mich. st is my favorites for next season to win it all

WRONG:ChairHit:
theVILLE Wrote:Uk lost wall, cousins, orton , and bledsoe who put up about 45 a game and patterson who put up ababout 10 a game... So doesn't impress me either

Patterson averaged 14.8 a game--Get stats right!
I dont get the reason for a Poll already. Who knows what teams will be good. Except for IU, they will always suck!
PC_You_Know Wrote:You think the defending national champ bringing in one of the top players in the country and a PURE shooter in Seth Curry is going to go UNDER the radar? Typical UK fan.

Man please read the post and see if that sentence makes sense in the context of it all. If you look at the consistency of my post you can see that I obviously meant that Duke will be the top dog nest season and WILL IN FACT NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO UNDER THE RADAR. Obviously I had a failure in sentence structure and did not re-check it before posting. Stop being so defensive of every single thing that is said about Duke, especially if it is comment that sends props for them overachieving this year. Typical PC.

Earlier post with needed changes for PC you know.
I think that they underachieve next year. With UNC coming on the up and up in the ACC, Duke should not be able to post that same kind of ACC record next season. They will still be around 1-2 seed in the tourney. This year no one was really expecting the Devils to win it but once they got their draw it was set up perfectly for a final four run anything can happen. I think they will not be able to go under the radar so much next year. Either why, they will be a good team.

Better? Oh and by the way I think when UK was winning and rolling in the regular season, you seemed to be all about the Wildcats..... ?
The Iceboxx Wrote:Without UK signing another player, they have a top 15 starting line-up right now.

G - DeAnder Liggins - 4*
G - Darnell Dodson - 4*
G - Darius Miller - 4*
F - Stacey Poole Jr. - 4*
F - Enes Kantar - 5*

I know we have learned to not put all of our eggs in the star rating basket, but UK is going to be good regardless.

UNC had a similar lineup like this loaded with 4 & 5 stars yet they were in the NIT this year.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Man please read the post and see if that sentence makes sense in the context of it all. If you look at the consistency of my post you can see that I obviously meant that Duke will be the top dog nest season and WILL IN FACT NOT BE ANYWHERE CLOSE TO UNDER THE RADAR. Obviously I had a failure in sentence structure and did not re-check it before posting. Stop being so defensive of every single thing that is said about Duke, especially if it is comment that sends props for them overachieving this year. Typical PC.

Earlier post with needed changes for PC you know.
I think that they underachieve next year. With UNC coming on the up and up in the ACC, Duke should not be able to post that same kind of ACC record next season. They will still be around 1-2 seed in the tourney. This year no one was really expecting the Devils to win it but once they got their draw it was set up perfectly for a final four run anything can happen. I think they will not be able to go under the radar so much next year. Either why, they will be a good team.

Better? Oh and by the way I think when UK was winning and rolling in the regular season, you seemed to be all about the Wildcats..... ?

Naw I was just kind of defending them, because they were a good team, but I don't like UK's fans. I will gladly stick to being a Duke fan and just watch UK games because I like Calipari and what he does and cheer for the state's team, but UK fans are freaking crazy, obnoxious, and hard to put up with.
Aslan Wrote:UNC had a similar lineup like this loaded with 4 & 5 stars yet they were in the NIT this year.

LOL, very true.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Naw I was just kind of defending them, because they were a good team, but I don't like UK's fans. I will gladly stick to being a Duke fan and just watch UK games because I like Calipari and what he does and cheer for the state's team, but UK fans are freaking crazy, obnoxious, and hard to put up with.

I respect the fact that you like Duke and root for them, but to say that I am knocking them when I was actually they overachieved just kind of make me a lil frustrated. Im glad that you like Cal and his style though.
I see Purdue in the Final Four next season. Robbie Hummel was my favorite player all season long. I see him having a big year next season.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I respect the fact that you like Duke and root for them, but to say that I am knocking them when I was actually they overachieved just kind of make me a lil frustrated. Im glad that you like Cal and his style though.

When you were saying they overachieved?
Pages: 1 2