Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Duke wins the 2010 National Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
:flush:
its DUKE

2010 Champs baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I would like to thank the NCAA committee for putting Duke in the easiest region and handing them the championship on a silver platter."

Oh, and if there was ever a team that deserved to lose on a last-second buzzer-beater, it was Duke.
ComfortEagle Wrote:"I would like to thank the NCAA committee for putting Duke in the easiest region and handing them the championship on a silver platter."

Oh, and if there was ever a team that deserved to lose on a last-second buzzer-beater, it was Duke.

excuses excuses
I loathe dUKe and everything about there program. They either buy the refs off or some committee. That or they use some type of magic. They never DESERVE to win anything.
Ah, they got like 10 points on dumb luck plays. The ball jus bounced there way tonight. This years Duke team is definitely the weakest champion the tournament has seen in a while.
Oyeah, I can't stand looking at Kyle Singular. He looks like this guy I know, that I just happen to strongly dislike. Added to this, Singular plays for my least favorite team. He's just a weird looking SOB.
Congrats.. Not the greatest championship match-up, but both teams played with a lot of effort. I had a hard time watching the game for more than a few minutes at a time, but atleast the end was almost exciting.
Allow me to be the ONLY UK fan to give credit where credit is due. Congrats to Coach K and the Blue Devils!
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:I loathe dUKe and everything about there program. They either buy the refs off or some committee. That or they use some type of magic. They never DESERVE to win anything.

Great things to say about kids who work hard everyday. You are just showing you ignorance. Whether you like duke or not, they have a top of the line program who graduates most of their players. They do things the right way. College is about learning not a basketball vocational school. Congrats to a top tier educational and athletic program.
Cant believe that was the national championship game, That made for hella nice Horizon League championship though. Oh well...That cinderalla thing was pretty much junk also. :zzz:
C'mon guys. Butler knocked off a great Syracuse team on the way.
and say what you want about the "silver platter" they were given.
If you let up or shoot bad one night in the NCAA tourney you go home and Coach K had his boys ready.
Congrats to Butler on an amazing run and congrats to Duke on a hardfought victory tonight.
eastkyfootballfan Wrote:Great things to say about kids who work hard everyday. You are just showing you ignorance. Whether you like duke or not, they have a top of the line program who graduates most of their players. They do things the right way. College is about learning not a basketball vocational school. Congrats to a top tier educational and athletic program.

Sure, they graduate most of their players. Because they might be a top of the line ACADEMIC University...but tell me, in the past 10 years, have they played in a game that has been called right down the middle 50/50??? If they have, I haven't seen it. By the way, I wasn't even dogging the players in my post. So maybe you shouldn't call people out for things that they didn't even say.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Sure, they graduate most of their players. Because they might be a top of the line ACADEMIC University...but tell me, in the past 10 years, have they played in a game that has been called right down the middle 50/50??? If they have, I haven't seen it. By the way, I wasn't even dogging the players in my post. So maybe you shouldn't call people out for things that they didn't even say.

and let the complaints about calls begin....
btw...
my bracket won the pool on ESPN
please
great game...everyone said it all along that they had an easy bracket and I would have to agree...But we must give credit where credit is do the name of the game is survive and advance, they did that no other team did...Butler's coach needs a HUGE raise
You can have all the one and done players you want, I will gladly support the team who gets the national title. Go Duke!

They did not have an easy bracket, it was proven that Duke's was harder. And how can a level headed person say that someone had an easier bracket when they beat the team by 20, which beat your team? That makes no sense. Let it go, Duke national champs!
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:Sure, they graduate most of their players. Because they might be a top of the line ACADEMIC University...but tell me, in the past 10 years, have they played in a game that has been called right down the middle 50/50??? If they have, I haven't seen it. By the way, I wasn't even dogging the players in my post. So maybe you shouldn't call people out for things that they didn't even say.

Since UK won their last title, Duke has won 2. UK isn't doing something right.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You can have all the one and done players you want, I will gladly support the team who gets the national title. Go Duke!

You can have your bandwagon team, I'll root for the team that represents where I was born and raised.

:biggrin:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:You can have your bandwagon team, I'll root for the team that represents where I was born and raised.

:biggrin:

Haha, bandwagon team, I wore Duke pajamas when I was 3. And just so you know, that was '92, when Laettner shocked UK.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Haha, bandwagon team, I wore Duke pajamas when I was 3. And just so you know, that was '92, when Laettner shocked UK.

Fortunately, I wasn't old enough to remember that shot. But I remember Kentucky knocking off dUKe in '98 on their way to their 7th national championship.
This was a great game with numerous lead changes and ties. A lot closer than many expected. Butler proved they were worthy of being in finals and as noted in earlier post they won big games on way to game and Duke came out on top tonight.
.A big accomplishment for Coach Krzyzewski to join Adolph Rupp and John Wooden as only coaches to win at least 4 national titles.
.Butler's midcourt shot at buzzer came pretty close after Duke missed the second free throw at 3.6 seconds with a 2 point lead and Butler was out of time outs.
.Congradulations to both teams and to Duke on the title.
Hopefully Kentucky will have an opportunity to be in a Final Four soon and win a title again.
Aslan Wrote:Oyeah, I can't stand looking at Kyle Singular. He looks like this guy I know, that I just happen to strongly dislike. Added to this, Singular plays for my least favorite team. He's just a weird looking SOB.

Ditto x2
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Fortunately, I wasn't old enough to remember that shot. But I remember Kentucky knocking off dUKe in '98 on their way to their 7th national championship.

I'm not really a fan of claiming titles of while you weren't alive, so I count it Duke 4 titles UK 2.

It was a totally different game when Rupp won some of those titles.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm not really a fan of claiming titles of while you weren't alive, so I count it Duke 4 titles UK 2.

It was a totally different game when Rupp won some of those titles.

I won't argue that UK in my lifetime has been better than Duke, because I'd just be fooling myself. But Duke hired someone who is actually loyal to the university, rather than UK hiring coaches who only care about the $$$ and fame.
i think its funny how duke had the easy bracket when uk played e.tn st., wake, and cornell and the only team that was difficult sent uk home and then duke beat them by 21...:thatsfunn :lmao: ive only seen one uk fan that actually gave credit where it was due and didnt make excuses....say u want about the refs they were awful all year long for everyone
There is no better coach in the country than Brad Stevens right now. I read that Duke spends nearly as much money per player as Butler spends for its entire basketball program, yet the Bulldogs were one bounce away from a national title.

If Stevens and Hayward come back next season, Butler could enter the tournament as the favorite next season. Not bad for a team who plays its home games in its practice facility.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Haha, bandwagon team, I wore Duke pajamas when I was 3. And just so you know, that was '92, when Laettner shocked UK.

Not saying this is not true, but that's hard to believe.
Who else thinks Zoubek(?) and even Scheyer got lucky with two no calls on Zoubek when he threw Howard down that should of been the ball game with two free throws to get the lead and Scheyer got lucky when he shoulder blocked the butler player and only got a walk.

Not saying Duke did not deserve the title but those was two crucial no calls that may have saved duke the game.
Pages: 1 2 3