Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who really had the toughest road?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NYY10 and PC, im taking up for you here, i hope you got my back!

The seeds were
1. UK < Duke
2.WV < Nova
3. New Mex < Baylor
4. Wisoncsin < Purdue
5. Temple < Tex A&M
6.Marquette > Notre Dame
7.Clemson < Richmond
8. Texas < California
9.Wake Forest < Louisville
10. Mizz< St. Marys
11 Washington > OD
12. Cornell > Ut St.

And opponets each had to play to get there were
Duke:
Ark Pine Bluff
California
Purdue
Baylor
WV

UK:
ETSU
WAKE
Cornell
WV

Who had the toughest road??
When you look at it like that Duke had a tougher road than UK...I think the kansas bracket was the toughest bracket though
Butler has had the toughest road. Hands down.
Butler has...I was meaning of the #1 seeds....everyone is saying that duke has an easy road....Well look at it real close...They have not! UK had a much easier road i think
Nothing has changed since Duke beat WVU. They won a weak ACC, they were given a #1 seed that they did not deserve, and they got to play in the weakest bracket against the winner of the play in game. If Duke wins the title tomorrow night, it still will not change those facts.

Not every NCAA champion has been a #1 seed. Duke should be playing for the title as a #2 seed and Butler should have been no lower than a #4 seed. Duke runs a great program but it always receives favorable treatment by the NCAA.
Duke had the toughest road of any of the #1 seeds...look at it in the thread opener! They had to beat really good teams and they did....Uk won a weak SEC and beat some really weak teams this season, UNC, UCONN, UL all were weak this season and they barely beat them! SC a team that didnt make the NIT beat them! and they get beat out by a team duke beat 21 points! Find an argument to where UK had tougher road than Duke
theVILLE Wrote:Duke had the toughest road of any of the #1 seeds...look at it in the thread opener! They had to beat really good teams and they did....Uk won a weak SEC and beat some really weak teams this season, UNC, UCONN, UL all were weak this season and they barely beat them! SC a team that didnt make the NIT beat them! and they get beat out by a team duke beat 21 points! Find an argument to where UK had tougher road than Duke

baylor was the only good team they played. california didn't even win the weakest conference tourney title in the pac-10. purdue gave them all they wanted without Hummel. and without Hummel they aren't much to write home about. and west virginia isn't that great of a ball club. i mean they won the big east tourney but had to do that by a buzzer beater against an awful cincinnati team and scraped by georgetown. everyone thinks they are awesome because they beat UK. well, duke beat them because they didn't hit 10+ 3's. and a 2pt per game guard didn't score 20. so. yeah.

anyway, louisville had a tough road. i heard they took a bus to the tourney instead of flying, said they got on some bad country back roads. so they truly had the tough road. not really but they suck. so i figured i'd throw that in there. and you can't get over that south carolina win, yeah they won by 5. and then got absolutely got smashed the next time they played. so. but yeah, duke had the easiest road hands down. butler beat some good teams. but the kansas bracket was the toughest.
theVILLE Wrote:Duke had the toughest road of any of the #1 seeds...look at it in the thread opener! They had to beat really good teams and they did....Uk won a weak SEC and beat some really weak teams this season, UNC, UCONN, UL all were weak this season and they barely beat them! SC a team that didnt make the NIT beat them! and they get beat out by a team duke beat 21 points! Find an argument to where UK had tougher road than Duke
Duke was placed in the weakest bracket. I agree that because of some upsets in UK's bracket, Duke ended up playing tougher teams after the first round but the fact that Duke is in the title game does not justify them getting a seed that they did not earn. None of the teams that beat Duke this season, and there have been five of them so far, were great teams.

If I recall, not too long ago you were touting Devin Downing as the national Player of the Year (BTW, did he get any votes?) and now you are disparaging UK for losing on the road to the team you thought had the nation's best player. It's a good thing hindsight is 20-20 because your foresight has been blurry this season. :biggrin:
greenstuff22 Wrote:baylor was the only good team they played. california didn't even win the weakest conference tourney title in the pac-10. purdue gave them all they wanted without Hummel. and without Hummel they aren't much to write home about. and west virginia isn't that great of a ball club. i mean they won the big east tourney but had to do that by a buzzer beater against an awful cincinnati team and scraped by georgetown. everyone thinks they are awesome because they beat UK. well, duke beat them because they didn't hit 10+ 3's. and a 2pt per game guard didn't score 20. so. yeah.

anyway, louisville had a tough road. i heard they took a bus to the tourney instead of flying, said they got on some bad country back roads. so they truly had the tough road. not really but they suck. so i figured i'd throw that in there. and you can't get over that south carolina win, yeah they won by 5. and then got absolutely got smashed the next time they played. so. but yeah, duke had the easiest road hands down. butler beat some good teams. but the kansas bracket was the toughest.

Ok, I agreed with you the first 10 times that louisville was no good this season... You don't have to say that everytime you post!
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Duke was placed in the weakest bracket. I agree that because of some upsets in UK's bracket, Duke ended up playing tougher teams after the first round but the fact that Duke is in the title game does not justify them getting a seed that they did not earn. None of the teams that beat Duke this season, and there have been five of them so far, were great teams.

If I recall, not too long ago you were touting Devin Downing as the national Player of the Year (BTW, did he get any votes?) and now you are disparaging UK for losing on the road to the team you thought had the nation's best player. It's a good thing hindsight is 20-20 because your foresight has been blurry this season. :biggrin:

You are wrong...I thought downey should have gotten second poy..I still say he or cousins should have!
theVILLE Wrote:Butler has...I was meaning of the #1 seeds....everyone is saying that duke has an easy road....Well look at it real close...They have not! UK had a much easier road i think

Ville, you just recently changed your mind apparently. You said yourself Duke had the easiest road. Said it all tournament long until now.
The upsets changed the brackets.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Butler has had the toughest road. Hands down.

Butler was in the weakest bracket. Duke is a close 2nd.
greenstuff22 Wrote:baylor was the only good team they played. california didn't even win the weakest conference tourney title in the pac-10. purdue gave them all they wanted without Hummel. and without Hummel they aren't much to write home about. and west virginia isn't that great of a ball club. i mean they won the big east tourney but had to do that by a buzzer beater against an awful cincinnati team and scraped by georgetown. everyone thinks they are awesome because they beat UK. well, duke beat them because they didn't hit 10+ 3's. and a 2pt per game guard didn't score 20. so. yeah.

LMAO... I love this guy.
K_Mac Wrote:Ville, you just recently changed your mind apparently. You said yourself Duke had the easiest road. Said it all tournament long until now.

Seems like I remember that as well. I mean you can cut any which way but if you were to poll the nation at the beginning of the seeding show they would have said that WVU should have got the last #1 and Duke the first #2. Instead I think that most people around the country and sport community would agree that the Dukies not only snuck in and got the last 1 seed but got the overall's spot (eventhough it will be explain as it was not). Kansas got the harder teams and Kentucky got the harder teams.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Seems like I remember that as well. I mean you can cut any which way but if you were to poll the nation at the beginning of the seeding show they would have said that WVU should have got the last #1 and Duke the first #2. Instead I think that most people around the country and sport community would agree that the Dukies not only snuck in and got the last 1 seed but got the overall's spot (eventhough it will be explain as it was not). Kansas got the harder teams and Kentucky got the harder teams.

Duke won the tournament, that's all the case needed for them getting a #1 seed. Obviously the committee knew something.
Kansas had by far the hardest road to the Championship game. The other 3 could be tose ups.

Midwest had Kansas, Georgetown, Ohio St, Tennessee, Maryland and Michigan St

In the West, their was Syracuse, Butler, Pitt and K state

In the East their was Kentucky, West Virginia, and I guess Cornell could be thrown in their

In the South, their where Duke, Purdue, Baylor and Villanova. 3 of them teams where in the top 10, pretty much all season long
PC_You_Know Wrote:Duke won the tournament, that's all the case needed for them getting a #1 seed. Obviously the committee knew something.

LOL you are missing the point man. If they knew something, then they knew that they were worthy of the easiest road. Which they were not. It all comes down to how the brackets were set up. Duke got the best road and took advantage. They did not deserve the 1 seed by their regular season resume (in front of WVU).
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:LOL you are missing the point man. If they knew something, then they knew that they were worthy of the easiest road. Which they were not. It all comes down to how the brackets were set up. Duke got the best road and took advantage. They did not deserve the 1 seed by their regular season resume (in front of WVU).

Really,, I dont see how you all can see Duke can the easiest bracket. The East had Kentucky and West Virginia. and THATS IT!!
1. UK <Duke ----- UK > Duke ranked higher all year.
2.WV < Nova ----- WV > nova (they were ranked higher and big east champs)
3. New Mex < Baylor------ NM > Baylor (once again ranked higher)
4. Wisoncsin < Purdue
5. Temple < Tex A&M----- Temple> T A&M (ranked higher)
6.Marquette > Notre Dame
7.Clemson < Richmond
8. Texas < California----though not by much
9.Wake Forest < Louisville---- i think they are about equal
10. Mizz< St. Marys
11 Washington > OD
12. Cornell > Ut St.

i would differ with you on the points above.
NYY10 Wrote:Really,, I dont see how you all can see Duke can the easiest bracket. The East had Kentucky and West Virginia. and THATS IT!!

One of the big seeds was a Purdue team depleted with injury and the 3 seed was a very young overachieving team. If West Virginia was placed in Uk bracket that should mean that UK for the fourth # 1 because West Virginia was by far and away the best 2 seed (seeing as though they should have been a 1 seed).
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:LOL you are missing the point man. If they knew something, then they knew that they were worthy of the easiest road. Which they were not. It all comes down to how the brackets were set up. Duke got the best road and took advantage. They did not deserve the 1 seed by their regular season resume (in front of WVU).

I really think that UK had the easiest road to the final four not duke
johnnyt Wrote:1. UK <Duke ----- UK > Duke ranked higher all year.
2.WV < Nova ----- WV > nova (they were ranked higher and big east champs)
3. New Mex < Baylor------ NM > Baylor (once again ranked higher)
4. Wisoncsin < Purdue
5. Temple < Tex A&M----- Temple> T A&M (ranked higher)
6.Marquette > Notre Dame
7.Clemson < Richmond
8. Texas < California----though not by much
9.Wake Forest < Louisville---- i think they are about equal
10. Mizz< St. Marys
11 Washington > OD
12. Cornell > Ut St.

i would differ with you on the points above.

How do you call uk better than duke???WV bet UK and duke beat them 21
SPARTY Wrote:I really think that UK had the easiest road to the final four not duke

Agree to disagree bud! :Thumbs:
UK had the chance but had the best 2 seed Duke had the weakest 2 and 4 seed. Which allowed for a rather easy trip to the final four.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Agree to disagree bud! :Thumbs:
UK had the chance but had the best 2 seed Duke had the weakest 2 and 4 seed. Which allowed for a rather easy trip to the final four.

did villanova not beat WV???
They split in the reg season. WVU was on the rise at the end of the season hence the reason that they were a stronger seed worthy of the last 1. Villanova was on a little bit of a slide down so it was a shock for them to get a strong two seed.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:They split in the reg season. WVU was on the rise at the end of the season hence the reason that they were a stronger seed worthy of the last 1. Villanova was on a little bit of a slide down so it was a shock for them to get a strong two seed.

You really have showed a lot of poor sportsmanship in Duke winning the title.
PC_You_Know Wrote:You really have showed a lot of poor sportsmanship in Duke winning the title.

HOW AM I SHOWING BED SPORTSMANSHIP! It is an opinion man. I believe that Duke got an easier bracket does that take anything away from their title no, and I congratulated them and said they beat the teams placed in front of them. Dont come on to a message board devoted to Kentucky Sports and expect people to have the same opinion about your beloved Blue Devils. If UK had their bracket I would be saying up and down that we beat the teams placed in front of us but we did get the favorable bracket. Stop going around and taking issue with anyone's differing opinion. MOST PEOPLE (maybe not Duke fans), will agree that they got the best draw and THEY DID WHAT CHAMPIONS DO, THEY BEAT THE TEAMS LAID IN FRONT OF THEM! If you want to say that is bad sportsmanship then be my guest.
SPARTY Wrote:How do you call uk better than duke???WV bet UK and duke beat them 21

by that logic you can say that UAB is better than Duke because UAB beat NCST and they beat Duke. you cant take 1 game to compare weather a team is better than another. over the course of the season UK was better than Duke, but Duke did what they needed to when it came to tournament time.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:HOW AM I SHOWING BED SPORTSMANSHIP! It is an opinion man. I believe that Duke got an easier bracket does that take anything away from their title no, and I congratulated them and said they beat the teams placed in front of them. Dont come on to a message board devoted to Kentucky Sports and expect people to have the same opinion about your beloved Blue Devils. If UK had their bracket I would be saying up and down that we beat the teams placed in front of us but we did get the favorable bracket. Stop going around and taking issue with anyone's differing opinion. MOST PEOPLE (maybe not Duke fans), will agree that they got the best draw and THEY DID WHAT CHAMPIONS DO, THEY BEAT THE TEAMS LAID IN FRONT OF THEM! If you want to say that is bad sportsmanship then be my guest.

The only people on this board that have a problem with Duke's draw are UK fans.
Pages: 1 2