Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: West Virginia!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats on playing one good game all year only to look like fools in the Final Four. Way to friggin go letting Duke wipe the floor with you. You def deserved your trip to Indy.
On a side note, thanks Tourney Committie for putting Duke in the easier bracket this year. I mean they were clearly the more deserving #1 seed.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Congrats on playing one good game all year only to look like fools in the Final Four. Way to friggin go letting Duke wipe the floor with you. You def deserved your trip to Indy.
On a side note, thanks Tourney Committie for putting Duke in the easier bracket this year. I mean they were clearly the more deserving #1 seed.

AMEN! :worthy:
wvu did not deserve their spot in the final four. They sure didn't look the part anyways...
So, I think Duke deserved their #1 seed.
Neither does Duke. In no way did they deserve a 1 seed and in no way did they show they were a championship calibre team this season. This tourney has been crap because of a couple of fluke games.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Neither does Duke. In no way did they deserve a 1 seed and in no way did they show they were a championship calibre team this season. This tourney has been crap because of a couple of fluke games.

please!!!
I hate Duke as much as any UK fan, but come on. The only team that could be argued to be a #1 over Duke was WVU and as much as I wish WVU could have proven the seeding wrong I think we all saw what happened. Even with Butler I don't know if WVU makes up 21 points. Oh well, go Butler!!!!
Cranium Wrote:I hate Duke as much as any UK fan, but come on. The only team that could be argued to be a #1 over Duke was WVU and as much as I wish WVU could have proven the seeding wrong I think we all saw what happened. Even with Butler I don't know if WVU makes up 21 points. Oh well, go Butler!!!!

:Thumbs:
I knew we were in for a rough night when Mazz right off the bat got called for 5 seconds. Duke exploited the fact we were missing Truck Bryant. Worse yet, we had them in foul trouble early, but failed to exploit it. Reminds me of when my high school lost to in the state semi finals in 1974. We picked the worst time to forget how to play basketball.
i probally dislike Duke more than anyone in the country, but they did look good last night, as bad as dont want to say it, they would have beaten my cats last night,i dont know if Bulter can stay with them,i sure hope so.. go Bulter....
IMO WVU helped Duke look good last night. We all know why Duke was a #1 seed...it's all about money and catering to the ACC by NCAA. With no NC in the tourney Duke was the best chance of getting ACC money flowing in the tourney if they had an easy ride to the finals (just an ole lefty's thoughts).
Amun-Ra Wrote:Congrats on playing one good game all year only to look like fools in the Final Four. Way to friggin go letting Duke wipe the floor with you. You def deserved your trip to Indy.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with this post, but it is funny. This is funny.:lmao:
It's ridiculous *** posts like this that don't even deserve the time I took to reply. WVU was in the Final Four, UK was at home.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:It's ridiculous *** posts like this that don't even deserve the time I took to reply. WVU was in the Final Four, UK was at home.

and florida was home even earlier.
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:I knew we were in for a rough night when Mazz right off the bat got called for 5 seconds. Duke exploited the fact we were missing Truck Bryant. Worse yet, we had them in foul trouble early, but failed to exploit it. Reminds me of when my high school lost to in the state semi finals in 1974. We picked the worst time to forget how to play basketball.

I knew you all were in trouble before you all got on the bus in Morgantown.
I have to say I am impressed with duke right now! They are playing better basketball than anyone...I think besides them WV has played the best ball in march and early April....WV won teh toughest confernce tourney and they beat UK (who is supposed to be the best team, Please!) I like Butler they are great team and i hope they beat duke...but i dont count on it....Duke has the best trio in the league, you cant argue that! In march DUKE has played the better ball than anyone...Was i surprised WV was in the final four, nope i had them in the final four....there a great teammm...Heck yeah they played the game of there lifes against UK...UK didnt play defense and couldnt hit water if they fail out of the boat...Yes WV deserved.....Duke didnt have the easiest bracket either, i think that Syracuse did
theVILLE Wrote:I have to say I am impressed with duke right now! They are playing better basketball than anyone...I think besides them WV has played the best ball in march and early April....WV won teh toughest confernce tourney and they beat UK (who is supposed to be the best team, Please!) I like Butler they are great team and i hope they beat duke...but i dont count on it....Duke has the best trio in the league, you cant argue that! In march DUKE has played the better ball than anyone...Was i surprised WV was in the final four, nope i had them in the final four....there a great teammm...Heck yeah they played the game of there lifes against UK...UK didnt play defense and couldnt hit water if they fail out of the boat...Yes WV deserved.....Duke didnt have the easiest bracket either, i think that Syracuse did
The hottest team in the country is Butler, not Duke. Butler has won 25 straight, including wins over a 1 and a 2 seed and the Bulldogs have not given up 60 points in more than a month. They have held 12 of their last 13 opponents under 60 points.

Duke may win tomorrow night but if Shelvin Mack is able to play a full game, then it will be a very interesting contrast in styles. Butler's defense and ball handling allows it to win ugly games. Duke needs to shoot well and score in transition. I don't think that they can win if they allow Butler to dictate the tempo and don't think that Butler can win if the game is played in the 80s.
I hate WVU.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The hottest team in the country is Butler, not Duke. Butler has won 25 straight, including wins over a 1 and a 2 seed and the Bulldogs have not given up 60 points in more than a month. They have held 12 of their last 13 opponents under 60 points.

Duke may win tomorrow night but if Shelvin Mack is able to play a full game, then it will be a very interesting contrast in styles. Butler's defense and ball handling allows it to win ugly games. Duke needs to shoot well and score in transition. I don't think that they can win if they allow Butler to dictate the tempo and don't think that Butler can win if the game is played in the 80s.

I can agree with you Butler is one of the hottest teams right now! Duke hasnt had to play a #1 seed...They couldnt make it there! So you have to give them props there...I am pulling for Butler to beat Duke...But you cant deny that Duke is playing some great ball right now
WV had a great season! Congrats on that...You deserved every win you got this season!
SPARTY Wrote:WV had a great season! Congrats on that...You deserved every win you got this season!

Besides one! They didnt deserve the louisville game...But WV is the better teama nd louisville was lucky to be that close...But really gongrats on a great season..winning the BEAST and going to the final four!
Im thrilled Duke beat WV. I just wish it was by 40.
K_Mac Wrote:Im thrilled Duke beat WV. I just wish it was by 40.

lmao Smile
Crybabies. WV beat kentucky so you all want duke to beat WV.Would that ease the pain of the asskickin WV gave kentucky.One guy said WV was in trouble when they got on the bus. They must have walked to the gym when they beat Kentucky.
WV played really well in the tourney even once Truck Bryant was hurt. It caught up with them in the end against Duke. They had a fantastic year and I hope that they can build on it.
catwoman Wrote:Crybabies. WV beat kentucky so you all want duke to beat WV.Would that ease the pain of the asskickin WV gave kentucky.One guy said WV was in trouble when they got on the bus. They must have walked to the gym when they beat Kentucky.

If you took the time to look THAT GUY is a Herd fan.
Your star player isnt going to the NBA now, Should have lost to UK and he wouldnt got hurt lol
catwoman Wrote:Crybabies. WV beat kentucky so you all want duke to beat WV.Would that ease the pain of the asskickin WV gave kentucky.One guy said WV was in trouble when they got on the bus. They must have walked to the gym when they beat Kentucky.

..... Um I dont know what kind of UK fans you have been around but I was rooting hard for the Neers to beat the Dukies.